Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Raluek posted:

its more that nobody worth posting with is going to stick around on a forum run by a domestic abuser, especially if he comes back to try to fix his money spigot

e: yeah like emac headroom said

idk man people tolerated posting side-by-side with nazis for like a decade so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor posted:

honestly not sure why people are thinking that the forums will die? like ... we had fuckin nazis hanging around for years and years, not sure why this is worse. Lowtax isn't gonna just shut down the only thing making money for him because [reasons]

i think the notion is the forums will "die" because no one wants to give lowtax money/attention, and since doing pretty much anything on the forums feeds into that, they'd rather not post here

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor posted:

a lot's changed in the last few years.

that said, we'll see how many people permanently log off in the next week.

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

rotor posted:

i wasnt in the know enough to know about the literal nazi; i dont' think anyone reading the forums is unaware of the lowtax situation though

(and like infernal machines said, a lot has changed. we're also older and in some cases maybe less tolerant of bad poo poo like this)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lmao

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

woah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

but for real is everyone actually gonna decamp for discord or reddit or whatever? :(

temporarily. join a discord as a backup plan in case the taxman hits the self destruct button and the forums just wink out of existence in seconds. discords are also probably how you will hear about a viable replacement forum if one appears. until then, continue posting here I guess

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i’m willing to wait and see what july brings, past that, hard to say

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rotor posted:

i cant speak for every poster, but i was tolerant of "ironic" shittiness for longer than i should have been, and extended folks the benefit of the doubt where it was not deserved. that is gone now

plus i never hung out where the worst of it was, so i was probably somewhat blind to how bad it got

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

haveblue posted:

temporarily. join a discord as a backup plan in case the taxman hits the self destruct button and the forums just wink out of existence in seconds. discords are also probably how you will hear about a viable replacement forum if one appears. until then, continue posting here I guess

A lot of goons are reg'ing accounts here:

bob dobbs is dead posted:

breadnroses.net, johnny is already on it

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:eyepop:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

no i’m always logged in just asleep

Shame Boy posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919429

it's currently a mess cuz the only mod is asleep lol

how do you even have more than one mod lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

jibes with the sticky

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

the front page is finally good for something

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

also l'ing my ao

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

it's been a bit gloomy today, but if you go to the actual front page and read the article, it abruptly switches over to a lurid pokemon fanfic after they're done talking about the situation. it's really quite retro sa content

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Zlodo posted:

the front page is finally good for something

there's a front page???

burning swine
May 26, 2004

well this blows

I'll follow wherever yospos goes, and i'd pay for the privilege

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
I almost want to take a crack at it and whip something up in elixir over the weekend.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'll start the wiki

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Maximum Leader posted:

I almost want to take a crack at it and whip something up in elixir over the weekend.

its actually 90% done as we speak

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Again, breadnroses.net does already exist and just completed an 800-person, six-month-long beta test

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
ill try out the redandbrosephs.net in a bit. saw it is taking up most of c-spam

pram
Jun 10, 2001
that is one of the ugliest websites ive ever seen lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

an offsite composed entirely of former c-spam posters sounds like hell on earth.

i just like to talk about funy computer and sometimes motorcycles and airplanes and electricity.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

so (please) don't go offsite and continue your shitposting here

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
the discord looks like its actually shaping up

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
this sucks. discord/reddit/etc... are all trash and not a replacement for forums.

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
yeah i agree. someone make the yospos replacement (no rush), but join yoscord and the bread site also so you can tell everyone about it when its done

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Shaggar posted:

this sucks. discord/reddit/etc... are all trash and not a replacement for forums.

today is the most i have ever used discord and it loving sucks

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

an offsite composed entirely of former c-spam posters sounds like hell on earth.

i just like to talk about funy computer and sometimes motorcycles and airplanes and electricity.

It did start when c-spam was threatened but it's a general forum and nobody will make you post in the politics forum if you don't want to

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

reddit is a forum dude

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Rastor posted:

It did start when c-spam was threatened but it's a general forum and nobody will make you post in the politics forum if you don't want to

yospos is not a general forum, if it doesn't have a yospos it's not worth it

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Shaggar posted:

I’ll form the yosteams. dm for invites

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

reddit is a forum dude

it's like a weird awful multi-dimensional forum where instead of just going forward in time you also go sideways in time and up and down in popularity

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
does anyone have the link to the YOSPOS Facebook Group?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

the true yospos replacement is going to be on like gopher or some weird outdated nerd poo poo

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

plus, of course, yospos is so tiny that it wont easily survive any partial switch.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Emacs Headroom posted:

yeah i agree. someone make the yospos replacement (no rush), but join yoscord and the bread site also so you can tell everyone about it when its done

Oh forgot to mention re: the bread site

WampaLord posted:

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.
edit:

WampaLord posted:

Everyone please :siren: stop posting that you have registered :siren:

We are aware and are working through the queue. It's a lot of users.

Shame Boy posted:

The admins are pretty bogged down right now approving registrations but I'm sure they would be amenable to making one

Rastor fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
thanks rastor. I'll go ahead and pay when i sign up even if i don't stick around, because computer cost money etc