Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

cum posted:

awww poo poo its motha fwiggin francostein :D

I still occasionally think about francosteins picture of his mensa card with the "deal with it, nedrs" post it

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

i've posted multiple times about this, check my post history in this thread, i've also been promoting the RAINN donation thread in my other postin' places.

if you're thinking about nobly autobanning: remember that someone's abuse is NOT all about you, and whether or not you ban from a place that you already paid to post. lowtax barely touches this site but you know who gets direct tangible benefit from it? The women and LGBTQ+ people who post here because it's one of the few large, established communities that routinely runs out misogyny and homophobia(and hopefully transphobia and racism, but those things aren't my lane so i won't speak to them).

this world is loving evil we got to stick together

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Note Block posted:

is anyone else really curious how good these goldbelly cookies are? 40 dollars for a pack of 6 cookies, these better be the best cookies I've ever loving had in my life

"cookies" is a quaint description, they are basically ciabatta-sized cookie loaves.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Give us a link then, you gently caress

It's stickied.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

That looks disgusting as gently caress, please stop America everyone's already more than fat enough

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Red posted:

You, friend, could use a sarcasm detector.

I wasn't replying to you directly

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Funk In Shoe posted:

I still occasionally think about francosteins picture of his mensa card with the "deal with it, nedrs" post it

it’s so good

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

seeing goat sex dot hello so small really drives home how much bigger and pixel-dense monitors are these days

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
goatman hits different when you're eating some mushy raspberries

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

yellowD posted:

No, working to get critical mass at breadnroses.net

This community exists in spite of SA not because of it, and that can continue

My impression was always that breadnroses was a left-wing politics echo chamber, which I'm cool with the left-wing part, but not so much the echo part, and I like to post about things other than politics sometimes. But maybe I'm wrong?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

This is some abusive poo poo in and of itself, honestly.

"What're you gonna do? Leave?"

it's one thing for a person to leave a partner, significantly harder for thousands of people to migrate from one place to another and still expect them to remain in one group

an offsite will inevitably lead to a splintering and it won't be SA, it will be something new. is that necessarily bad? i don't know. but there's really only two options - oust Lowtax to keep SA together, or accept it's over and splinter across the internet.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

no ring voted 1

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Truecon420 posted:

Hello I joined these forums in 2013 to mostly read and occasionally post about video games and living in LA and have done mostly that without learning about the site's history/community too much. Can someone do me a favor and tell me what is going on? What the hell is with that incredibly suspicious and weird""recant""??

Also does anyone know what's going to happen? I just want a place to annoy cool people with questions about the things i like. In fact i'm still doing that now

what's going on: lowtax has a history of domestic abuse and it's finally happened so many times that most people don't believe him when he says his wives/girlfriends are all just crazy

what's with the recant: either he's successfully manipulated or frightened her into posting it or he has her passwords and posted it himself.

what's going to happen: lowtax is going to stagger onto these forums at some point and ban literally everyone who talked about this, reducing the forums to just the people gullible enough to believe him for a third time. the mods will all reverse their denunciations of him and say that they believe him and they said those things without having the full story when the reality is they all know it's true but are willing to enable him in order to maintain their minuscule amount of internet power.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

sure okay posted:

Don't we have to believe this, though? Even with the shady tone?

The only reason to not believe her is if you believe she's being blackmailed, which is a crime that someone should report? Not reporting the crime means you have to believe this new information, right? Can't have it both ways. The concept of "believing women" works equally for out-of-the-blue accusations as it does out-of-the-blue recantations.

Man it is REALLY hard to be moral these days gently caress

DV victims aren't victims over night. No one wakes up one day and punches their partner. These are often unstable situations, and an abuser often gets to a comfortable place to abuse the victim before it happens. Victims are often dependent financially, emotionally, and socially on their abuser. This is why most DV victims initially try to repair the damage of their own assault. They either think they deserve it, or that their abuser may be misguided but truly loves them, or that they'll be alone forever if they leave them.

It isn't "not believing" her to be skeptical of that post, abusive relationships are much more complex than just one partner hitting another. It happens a lot that a victim will cry for help, then have second thoughts on what their life will be like without their abusive partner and recant.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

SA as a forum pays for itself a few times over. Lowtax has said this when he was asking for money "B...b...but it takes almost two weeks for the forum to be in the green each month now!!". All of the money goes to supporting Lowtax's lifestyle.

If the forums were "in debt" then the person who hasn't had a job in 20 years and has no other income wouldn't be able to pay hosting for them and they wouldn't exist.

What you would be getting with the SA forums now is a shadow of it's former self, probably burning radium stupid at like $,$$$/month hosting while bringing in like $1,000 a month profit and most parasitic webmasters can't live on $12,000 a year if they want to lease GTRs and buy $100 cookies.

What's with Goon fundraiser scams? First the $300 jeans guy and now Lowtax.

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Powered Descent posted:

I think your spellcheck dictionary has lost some words.

English is like my third language, seeing as how i live in scandinavia, where beating women is frowned upon.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Sitting Here posted:

i've posted multiple times about this, check my post history in this thread, i've also been promoting the RAINN donation thread in my other postin' places.

if you're thinking about nobly autobanning: remember that someone's abuse is NOT all about you, and whether or not you ban from a place that you already paid to post. lowtax barely touches this site but you know who gets direct tangible benefit from it? The women and LGBTQ+ people who post here because it's one of the few large, established communities that routinely runs out misogyny and homophobia(and hopefully transphobia and racism, but those things aren't my lane so i won't speak to them).

go to bread and roses, SA isn't really needed anymore

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

more falafel please posted:

seeing goat sex dot hello so small really drives home how much bigger and pixel-dense monitors are these days

we need a goatman HD for the modern age

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

thanks

The Fat Swordsman
Feb 13, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the coupons mod slumbers and we're still safe

Dr. Eldarion posted:

oh god drat it, I don't want this place to die :( what a loving poo poo year this is

TBH, in a post-SA world I don't know if I'd continue to do this. Hell, I don't know what I'd do in general. SA has been such a huge part of my life for almost twenty years.

I'm sad, and angry, and worried, and need to get my head on straight before trying to figure out any contingency plans, I'm sorry. I also have Real Work to do and a meeting in like 10 minutes I have to go to so hopefully everything doesn't blow up before I can think about it clearly.

Doc's around, doing work.

If you're talking about the SA Mart Admin guy though, he's a no-show

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Sir John Falstaff posted:

My impression was always that breadnroses was a left-wing politics echo chamber, which I'm cool with the left-wing part, but not so much the echo part, and I like to post about things other than politics sometimes. But maybe I'm wrong?

Aye - There's the cpsam section but also general interest forums there too

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Valleyant posted:

go to bread and roses, SA isn't really needed anymore

im glad youve created your very own gulag

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I found the cookies more disgusting than the goat man, tbh.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Doing something that is legally actionable would be a very smart and wise thing for Lowtax to do, especially if he expects to be involved with some type of litigation with his partner and even more especially if it was done very publicly!

If it does go to court and they ask for the IP address of that Facebook post and it turns out it doesn't match the coordinates of her location when she was talking to the writers then welp.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

It's a good thing nobody can see my cubicle.

Hello, goatse, my old, dear friend. It is a comfort that we meet here, at the end of all things.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

NEW from Goldbelly- Input code LOWTAXWIVES for a ~sweet~ discount!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

AHH F/UGH posted:

I mean it's not inconceivable that Lowtax would be able to see her password on SA and if she's like 99% of people she uses the same email and password on every website and he could take that info, log in as her and write whatever he wanted

We agreed the first kiwi post was fake and ignored it hours ago, but now that there's a facebook version it looks like she's being made to post it by him, which is 100 times worse. The modmins are on it though.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

she is being pressured to recant and i and the other frontpage writers are attempting to make sure she's shielded from him.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

large hands posted:

It was very irresponsible of me to wake him, you see I had forgotten about his Sweaty Toes, which can cause him to perform what might appear to the untrained eye to be insanely sick butterfly kicks and elbow bombs, but are actually just involuntary motions, caused by an excess of Kindness and Patience

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I am actually looking forward to Lowtax's next big self-pity post. It will amuse me.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

JakeP posted:

its lowtax's excuse for how he accidently backhanded Logan and knocked her to the ground.

He was sleeping, and his toes were sweaty and he slipped on his sweaty toes.

This is what she posted in her first post excusing the first abuse incident.

holy poo poo

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

large hands posted:

It was very irresponsible of me to wake him, you see I had forgotten about his Sweaty Toes, which can cause him to perform what might appear to the untrained eye to be insanely sick butterfly kicks and elbow bombs, but are actually just involuntary motions, caused by an excess of Kindness and Patience

hahahah

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
[goatse removed]

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Funk In Shoe posted:

i think a lot more about the time he just casually posted a selfie with the mensa card strategically placed so that it would be readable in frame, like it was a coincidence and "oops, i can't believe i left my big brain genius certification where anyone can see it", with pretty much the same energy as oh whoops, i dropped my monster condom that i use for my magnum dong

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

The Fat Swordsman posted:

Doc's around, doing work.

If you're talking about the SA Mart Admin guy though, he's a no-show

the one that came around and pressed his buttons to protect ppj's nazi sting operation

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

VikingSkull posted:

I wasn't replying to you directly

I see.

Would you like to purchase a slightly used sarcasm detector?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Powered Descent posted:

I think your spellcheck dictionary has lost some words.

Their primary language might not be English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I am actually looking forward to Lowtax's next big self-pity post. It will amuse me.

"well my third wife took another kid and went to a womens shelter because she is crazy and howeee you wont belive the cost of hosting and databases! I dont want to ask for hand outs but maybe you can buy a nordVPN subscription and give me money on my patreon"