Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Red is Dead posted:

Cmon Claudio...get wicked in there for a payday. Dudes ridiculously talented.

He just left an environment full of predators that was covering up abuse voluntarily why do you want him to go to another one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Pinkie is also someone who openly ignores evidence. when presented with evidence that Puerto Ricans where also dying from covid he continued to say covid was karma towards America for it's treatment of Puerto Rico. I know one guy on here is friends with him but either he's just a much better talker then typer or he is a oval office who has you fooled. gently caress pinkie.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pinkie deleted the tweets including the one where he definitively said he knows what DOESN'T cause brain aneurysms

https://twitter.com/alexcolon0139/status/1275808344071180291

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Sami might be coming soon to the thread anyway...

https://twitter.com/GentonWheels/status/1275802475937828864

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Super No Vacancy posted:

pinkie deleted the tweets including the one where he definitively said he knows what DOESN'T cause brain aneurysms

Shocker. Maybe he could also delete the anti non binary tweets, the tweets basically wanting old people to die, the hundreds about covid being karma, the few slut shaming ones, the one saying I don't respect Puerto Rico(I'm also Puerto Rican) and while he's at it maybe just delete this entire account... y'know like he did his last one. Third times the charm?

Yukaichiban fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 24, 2020

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Super No Vacancy posted:

Well, Hyde is already up there for other stuff, so a dead link won't hurt him any more than the other ones.

If Pinkie alleges more stuff, I hope that we consider the source going forward.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Marty admitting he had sex with someone who was 16 with alcohol involved. And the replies defending him are disgusting

https://twitter.com/MartyScurll/status/1275852091387449347?s=19

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 24, 2020

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Steve the Turtle's disappearance...explained!

https://twitter.com/ZacharySnow0/status/1275843501683625991

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MorrisBae posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/8oefal/i_remember_reading_a_rumor_that_sami_callihan/

Sami on MySpace after Matt Riot's death:

So it appears Sami killed his best friend (inadvertently I'm guessing) but lied about it to the police and the victim's family

This comes off less as helping and more like rubber necking. Like, this is really awful stuff happening in the personal lives of the people who play characters on shows we like. If you don't know these people personally and you're just a fan I think your role is being supportive of people who spoke up and making the decision on how you move forward. It's not digging further into their personal lives to uncover more secrets and build timelines of what happened. You're not going to get heros and villains from this. You're not going to get clean stories and timelines. If you want to help do it by helping make the world a place where women will be listened to by authorities and given actual justice because none of what's been happening is actually justice. It's the messy ugly street version of it that happens when there are no real avenues for justice.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Pinche Rudo posted:

Marty admitting he had sex with someone who was 16 with alcohol involved. And the replies defending him are disgusting

In response to someone mentioning the plagiarism one guy said "give him a break" A loving BREAK.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/HaveYouSeenSeb/status/1275830671785840640

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
https://twitter.com/mystickttn/status/1275373731406327808

This is Marty texting her dad saying he only kissed her after he raped her

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dragging other family members in on totally unrelated poo poo is garbage tbh and dilutes from the seriousness of David Starr's crimes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can't possibly care less about tax fraud.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just leaning into the gawking.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Just leaning into the gawking.

you would think getting a new av + multiple probations + everyone telling you to stop would get the point through. very stoked to see morrisbee’s posting on breadnroses.com

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

you would think getting a new av + multiple probations + everyone telling you to stop would get the point through. very stoked to see morrisbee’s posting on breadnroses.com

ichiban can't be contained

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I swear to god this forum really warps peoples brains about what is and isn't important because it's also not weird grudges about other websites.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I swear to god this forum really warps peoples brains about what is and isn't important because it's also not weird grudges about other websites.

It’s completely off-topic, quit whining

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I feel like it should be pretty clear if you're apologising for two different rapes that your life has gone wrong somewhere, even more so when the apologies are within 24 hours of each other.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I didn't see an apology

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hirez posted:

https://twitter.com/mystickttn/status/1275373731406327808

This is Marty texting her dad saying he only kissed her after he raped her

He messaged her dad and apologized and in the apology lied about what happened. Wow.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/biboyparm/status/1275864199810310144?s=21

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I remember asking Rovert in the ROH thread about the rumours about Mary being a nonce and never got a response.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

reasonably certain I know who the guy is that regularly hangs out backstage is, but obviously can't name him directly. dude is an absolute piece of poo poo and I really wish I would've known about that before being assaulted my him myself. dude has a kinda sadsack "there's no way he could actually do that" vibe to him and welp.

so yeah, moral of the story, trust nobody I guess? everything is loving terrible right now.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pinche Rudo posted:

How the gently caress is 16 the age of consent in the UK? That's just pure insanity. I know it varies from state to state in the US and I'd probably be horrified by some of them, but how does a society decide that 16 is a proper age of consent?

Also, gently caress off with this even stupider non-apology apology.

Side note, if you have to put something in your statement like "though it's technically legal" maybe just gently caress off and rethink who you are and what you're doing with your life.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Ganso Bomb posted:

How the gently caress is 16 the age of consent in the UK? That's just pure insanity. I know it varies from state to state in the US and I'd probably be horrified by some of them, but how does a society decide that 16 is a proper age of consent?

Also, gently caress off with this even stupider non-apology apology.

Side note, if you have to put something in your statement like "though it's technically legal" maybe just gently caress off and rethink who you are and what you're doing with your life.

Unfortunately I've only got an education in this because of all this BritWres stuff going on, but effectively, 16 isn't really the age of consent. It sounds like the actual scheme is something like what a lot of states in the US have, where 16 is OK so long as their partner is 18 or younger.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I believe there are a few states in the US where it's 16 and think even a few where it's 14. I'm not inclined to check into it because it's horrifying no matter what but it's all sorts of inconsistent and not just at the level of countries.

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking of the so-called "Romeo and Juliet laws" mentioned above.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

How the gently caress is 16 the age of consent in the UK?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

thefncrow posted:

Unfortunately I've only got an education in this because of all this BritWres stuff going on, but effectively, 16 isn't really the age of consent. It sounds like the actual scheme is something like what a lot of states in the US have, where 16 is OK so long as their partner is 18 or younger.

Nope, the AoC is 16, with it being a mitigating factor for prosecution if you're both under 16. Under 13 is always illegal regardless. It goes to 18 if you're in a position of power over the other person.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

thefncrow posted:

Nope, 16 is the age of consent, full stop. Legal for a 57 year old to go with a 16 year old. It was 18 for male homosexuals until 2000 when it got normalised with everyone else to 16. Oddly I've never really heard arguments for raising it, but there has been occasional murmurs about lowering it on the basis that "teenagers gonna gently caress, criminalising that is dumb", think the last time I heard anything about that was 2013, one of the most senior doctors in the country.

I think there needs to be protection for teenagers from older predators in the law. A 15 & 16 year old loving is a whole different ball game from a 16 year old & a 24 year old loving, despite the former being illegal & the latter being legal in the Paedoph Isles

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

rantmo posted:

I believe there are a few states in the US where it's 16 and think even a few where it's 14. I'm not inclined to check into it because it's horrifying no matter what but it's all sorts of inconsistent and not just at the level of countries.

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking of the so-called "Romeo and Juliet laws" mentioned above.

A friend of mine in the recording industry assured me the age of consent is 15 in Bulgaria. That's why Glenn Hansard, Oscar winner for the film Once goes there. Incidentally Glenn met his muse for the film when she was 13

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

in Hawaii, age of consent is 14 if the other party is between 14-18. Otherwise it’s 16.

horrifying.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
More on Stroud

https://twitter.com/sundownmotel/status/1275898009050480640/photo/1

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

the escape goat posted:

in Hawaii, age of consent is 14 if the other party is between 14-18. Otherwise it’s 16.

horrifying.

Canada isn’t exactly that but it’s similar. From what I recall of a high school law class anyway. 2 years difference below a certain age, otherwise 16 for situations where there isn’t a clear position of authority. 18 in those cases.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Nope, 16 is the age of consent, full stop. Legal for a 57 year old to go with a 16 year old. It was 18 for male homosexuals until 2000 when it got normalised with everyone else to 16. Oddly I've never really heard arguments for raising it, but there has been occasional murmurs about lowering it on the basis that "teenagers gonna gently caress, criminalising that is dumb", think the last time I heard anything about that was 2013, one of the most senior doctors in the country.

I think there needs to be protection for teenagers from older predators in the law. A 15 & 16 year old loving is a whole different ball game from a 16 year old & a 24 year old loving, despite the former being illegal & the latter being legal in the Paedoph Isles

Yeah we really should have some kind of rolling laws where the age gap opens up as you get older. It's ridiculous to punish teens for screwing each other but it's also ridiculous to let this slide.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Von Linus posted:

A friend of mine in the recording industry assured me the age of consent is 15 in Bulgaria. That's why Glenn Hansard, Oscar winner for the film Once goes there. Incidentally Glenn met his muse for the film when she was 13

god drat I loved Once and had no idea about this.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Has Uproxx said anything yet or even acknowledged this?

MixxMaster
Sep 15, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

This seems like a very good new Fight Island and I hope all the cool people join too, see ya there :)

Invite invalid ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Where I live in Australia (nsw) the age of consent gets lifted from 16 to 18 if the two people have a "special care" relationship. So an adult wrestling school instructor sleeping with a 17 year old student wouldn't be legal.