Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
ugh, lowtax sucks but i really dont want to have to use DDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
If enough people drop the Patreon, something's going to have to give one way or the other.

If someone sets up a goon beer discord send me a link.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

hello beer thread, i am opening the discord that me/hatful/air/lt tofu have for yall since lowtax is a wifebeater and the forums are dead and straight

https://discord.gg/n9WV9aX

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

vivat virtute posted:

hello beer thread, i am opening the discord that me/hatful/air/lt tofu have for yall since lowtax is a wifebeater and the forums are dead and straight

In! My experience with Discord has been only since the Pandemic, and I'm old and accidentally keep trying to call people? So good luck with that poo poo.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

danbanana posted:

In! My experience with Discord has been only since the Pandemic, and I'm old and accidentally keep trying to call people? So good luck with that poo poo.

ok boomer

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Come to the discord and let me amaze you with my stupidity... in real time!

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

vivat virtute posted:

~*~joined~*~

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

vivat virtute posted:

Not sure I am ready to go the discord route yet but I have bookmarked this, thank you.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Sirotan posted:

Not sure I am ready to go the discord route yet but I have bookmarked this, thank you.

We mostly use it for text chat. The voice option is there but we don’t use it. Not sure if that’s the reason you’re hesitant but figured I would mention it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Looks like I'm gonna be joining a lot of discords today

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

We mostly use it for text chat. The voice option is there but we don’t use it. Not sure if that’s the reason you’re hesitant but figured I would mention it.

At the moment I am just way over extended on chat rooms (for both work and socially) and am not sure I have the time or energy to add a bunch more. But if poo poo goes tits up here I will definitely join.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
*sends pictures of my dog next to pbr cans*

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Im actually in a few discords already but theyre huge and try to be the whole forum. I prefer smaller niche ones anyway!

If you see Fatsowellington thats me. Ill lurk around

Jorge Von Bacon
Nov 1, 2010
I joined as well - as smelliott. this was one of the few threads I posted on and I will continue mostly lurking.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I joined up too, thanks for the link!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Are we just all preparing for the apocalypse now?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

obi_ant posted:

might as well. You doing anything better today?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nth Doctor posted:

might as well. You doing anything better today?

possibly buy a beer

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This place has been on its last legs since I joined in 2001. Anyway, my wife bought that Baerlic dad’s day pack for me and my son finally picked it up and delivered it.

Mt Hood is one of the main reasons I’m here and I’ve wanted one of these North 45 glasses for a minute. The beer is good too.

Gonna add pics when I’m not on a phone

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
90% of my surfing is done at work, where Discord is blocked, so it's been nice knowing y'all if this place disappears.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

dphi posted:

90% of my surfing is done at work, where Discord is blocked, so it's been nice knowing y'all if this place disappears.

You got a phone?

You should jump in anyway since you're the (only?) PNW person still regularly active?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

danbanana posted:

You got a phone?

You should jump in anyway since you're the (only?) PNW person still regularly active?

I do but I work in a clean room lab with limited reception. I'll join anyway but likely won't be very active.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

I've been largely absent from both the forums and this thread for various reasons for the past couple years, but I may jump back in on the Discord especially if this place does disappear (though I'm definitely feeling some chatroom fatigue). This thread and community has been instrumental in my beery education and I've made many good friends here, and even though I'm drinking a lot less and I stopped chasing whales years ago, I hope to reconnect a bit with some of y'all soon.

On a side note, I didn't even know that there was an exodus from TalkBeer until way after it happened as I largely only cared about the FIB thread. No idea what happened to cause it - anyone know off-hand?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

crazyfish posted:

On a side note, I didn't even know that there was an exodus from TalkBeer until way after it happened as I largely only cared about the FIB thread. No idea what happened to cause it - anyone know off-hand?

As far as I can tell (I mostly stuck to the Chicago thread), it had something to do with the OG owner selling, then the new mods either letting egregious poo poo get posted OR the new mods shutting down people's 1st amendment right to be bigots? Or something in between those two options.

There's almost no activity in the non-regional boards there as far as I can tell, but the Chicago mainstays still post on occasion.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

obi_ant posted:

if you haven't been doing that for the past few years, i have some bad news for you...

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

danbanana posted:

As far as I can tell (I mostly stuck to the Chicago thread), it had something to do with the OG owner selling, then the new mods either letting egregious poo poo get posted OR the new mods shutting down people's 1st amendment right to be bigots? Or something in between those two options.

There's almost no activity in the non-regional boards there as far as I can tell, but the Chicago mainstays still post on occasion.

I stayed out of the toxic topics forum, but that's about on the nose - I don't know all the full details either and here's my take: it seemed that a certain user (one of the only right wing people on the site, totally fuckin insufferable imo) reported other TB posters disagreeing with his views on the DT thread... but these TB posters were not doing/saying anything wrong.

Wasn't happy with how the mods essentially ignored his "reports" and escalated things to harassment/doxxing/endangering TB posters andddd yeah

Oh yeah almost forgot, that same user also went over to DDT and eventually got banned so :psyduck: I stayed the hell out of the drama and honestly don't care enough to know the full story

air- fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 24, 2020

highme
May 25, 2001

New phone & a work VPN is making picture posting a pain in the rear end. Imagine a crisp, refreshing lager in a frosty glass with a topo map of Mt Hood on the bottom.

Fun side note about Baerlic: a couple of weeks ago when I was downtown at one of the BLM protests I saw somebody walk by with a Baerlic shirt on, then recognized the person next to him as the guy who's been delivering my orders. We've only interacted from about 15 feet away as he walking back to his truck but I yelled "Hey, you bring me beer" and he waved.

dphi posted:

Are we gonna have to go back to ughh.com?

highme fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 24, 2020

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

highme posted:

New phone & a work VPN is making picture posting a pain in the rear end. Imagine a crisp, refreshing lager in a frosty glass with a topo map of Mt Hood on the bottom.

Fun side note about Baerlic: a couple of weeks ago when I was downtown at one of the BLM protests I saw somebody walk by with a Baerlic shirt on, then recognized the person next to him as the guy who's been delivering my orders. We've only interacted from about 15 feet away as he walking back to his truck but I yelled "Hey, you bring me beer" and he waved.

Are we gonna have to go back to ughh.com?

Haha, man, I was just thinking about UGHH (and HHI lol). I am happy to see sandboxautomatic still trucking though - I came across a bunch of old autographed merch recently (murs, non phixion, el-p, etc.) that I got with purchases there back in the day

highme
May 25, 2001

Lol @ those HHI cornballs AvAnTe GaRdE HiP hOP

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
lmao i haven't thought about ughh in AGES

Apache
May 11, 2004

Joined the discord as Apache.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guess back to the beer thread for now?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i'd much prefer to be here, but at the same time i want to be where the most beergoons are, so...

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Also very much prefer the thread, seems the forums are fine for now!

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
I joined the discord but I've never used it before and don't know what I'm doing yet so I really hope the forums don't die.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

funkybottoms posted:

i want to be where the most beergoons are

I wanna see, wanna see them drinkin'
Scooting around on those - what do you call em? Oh- limes!

Up where they eat, up where they fall
Up where they stay all day in the sun
Wanderin' free - getting sun burned
Part of that wooooooooooooooorld

Apache
May 11, 2004

air- posted:

Also very much prefer the thread, seems the forums are fine for now!

As do I, it looks like Lowtax has signed over the SA assets to someone else, so I guess the site should be safe.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nothing is on paper yet. It's all pretty much words and promises. Alot of people are really skeptical that aguy receiving almost 7 grand a month to do nothing is gonna give it up that easy. But hey we'll see! Anyway, gonna drink some Old raspy tonight :c00lbert:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Sorry, air and Mahoning. I pulled the trigger too early...

https://twitter.com/OffcolorBrewing/status/1276579554694488065

I'm pretty sure this is the earliest they've released this because usually for some loving reason it's always coming out in like September.

Maybe it's because of the pandemic but releases lately have been great from every brewery I care about. I can't even keep up. Half Acre just announced an old school pale ale today (along with that new Keeping Together bottle) and with my stock, I have no need to head out for a few weeks at least...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Aw I won't be doing much drinking in July anyway, no biggie~

Anyway :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/stouffers/status/1276493262489038848