Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Gobblecoque posted:

Lol QCS never got to have the satisfaction of getting Cspam shut down. poor bastards

Ask not for whom the monkey's paw curls, QCS, it curls for thee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the problem with these small offsites are the inevitable cliques that form, SA is just large enough that its impossible to keep track of who most people are, which is good - but its not some amorphous blob of millions like reddit. also the track record for offsites not being run by psychos is pretty bad

Morbus
May 18, 2004

tbh don't really see the point of moving to a diff. forum vs. squatting on the husk of SA rent free

like i've been a net financial drain on lowtax for 16 years i don't see why i should stop now

Syllogism
Jun 7, 2001

We have listened. We are unmoved. The cleansing will proceed.

WampaLord posted:

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.
Might as well. Registered as syllogism

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

THS posted:

the problem with these small offsites are the inevitable cliques that form, SA is just large enough that its impossible to keep track of who most people are, which is good - but its not some amorphous blob of millions like reddit. also the track record for offsites not being run by psychos is pretty bad

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Hello I mostly lurk but I registered and paid. Same username.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

twoday posted:

I can not blame anyone for joining B&R but I am still holding out hope that there will be some kind of change here and that this exodus can be reversed

Same, but it makes for a very interesting appendix to The Book

Googes
Sep 2, 2006

Not much bro, just dancin on a streetlamp
Registered on bnr with the same lovely name, what a day to wake up to

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

best case scenario is post-lowtax SA

worst case scenario is dystopian nightmare hell world of discords

there are several scenarios in between those two scenarios

Viewing all possible shitposting futures like some kinda maud dweeb, branches of ineffable horrors all leading to one inescapable endpoint: a sea of goatses

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

THS posted:

the problem with these small offsites are the inevitable cliques that form, SA is just large enough that it’s impossible to keep track of who most people are, which is good - but it’s not some amorphous blob of millions like reddit. also the track record for offsites not being run by psychos is pretty bad

You're not wrong but it's looking like BnR can get to the correct size in this migration

It's not just c-spam, sounds like games and other forums are signing up

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i joined as sulk

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

registered on bnr as robot roll call

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

triple sulk posted:

i joined as sulk

What happened to the other two?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I regged same name as here. :)

Weed Atwater
Jul 2, 2019

registered on BnR under this name

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Registered as gently caress off batman.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Raptor1033 posted:

What happened to the other two?

low energy

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Registered to BNR but paid the :10bux:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

Viewing all possible shitposting futures like some kinda maud dweeb, branches of ineffable horrors all leading to one inescapable endpoint: a sea of goatses
i'm imagining one of those in-between scenarios as a federation of offsites (if B+R's leadership clique would accept it) with the slogan "to goatse where goons have never goatse'd before"

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Same name same game.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
What's bnr

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
[goatse removed]

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it wouldn't let me be "lmao suit" but I'm registered as "suitability" now

eagerly awaiting the fallout when lowtax wakes up from his hangover

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'm imagining one of those in-between scenarios as a federation of offsites (if B+R's leadership clique would accept it) with the slogan "to goatse where goons have never goatse'd before"

the disintegration of SA leading to the rebirth of webrings would be a hell of a 2020 thing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a miserable pile of shitposts!

but enough talk, have at you!

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
registered on BnR with same username. may the posting continue there, taxman delendus est

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Registered under Joey Steele, for that extra "E" flavor.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Soup du Jour posted:

the disintegration of SA leading to the rebirth of webrings would be a hell of a 2020 thing
the awful federation

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Soup du Jour posted:

the Something Awful Diaspora (SAD) webring

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
What the gently caress. I have been poo poo-posting on this dead gay forum since before 2003 (second account).

I hate Reddit and there isn't really a good alternative to SA.
I really don't have much else to say other than this is loving terrible and I hope Lowtax sells the forums and steps down.

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

ratbert90 posted:

What the gently caress. I have been poo poo-posting on this dead gay forum since before 2003 (second account).

I hate Reddit and there isn't really a good alternative to SA.
I really don't have much else to say other than this is loving terrible and I hope Lowtax sells the forums and steps down.

have you checked out breadnroses.net

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Pepperoneedy posted:

Same, but it makes for a very interesting appendix to The Book

note: c-spam died on the way back to its home planet

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/g0m/status/1275860680328052737

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

classic

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

Is there a mobile app? 99% of my poo poo-posting is done on awful.app. :smith:

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

this is what the fifth or sixth lf offsite lol

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

WampaLord posted:

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.

Registered with same name as here.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

WampaLord posted:

registered as 'terry'

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

posting refugees setting off down the digital oregon trail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

so anyway sorry man im trying.. *drives off in nissan gtr*