Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

site just goes dark and he never posts again

tbh this is what im expecting, except with the front page still existing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

snoo posted:

yes

mind you I was a 13 year old girl when I joined SA

your avatar was a veritable celebrity.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I'm going to ask this not on behalf of anyone else or for any dumb agenda, chill with the shock image goatse stuff, there are people trying to post some truly hosed up transphobic and horrible poo poo right now and people are reporting when it happens, and all the reports of goatse are making it hard to find. Please look at the day probation I just put in if you don't believe me. I understand you probably wont stop, its ok I understand the anger because I am angry as hell too.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
how about burgpug?

Barco Fiesta
May 26, 2009

a fantasy of olives
as punishment they should lock him in a cell and pipe in a constant audio stream of just Shmorky talking for 10 years

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Funk In Shoe posted:

We should get Ozma to mod it and have, uh, Abe as chairman of the board.

Finally we can back to the real important poo poo: shift key usage and bullying children

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I'm going to ask this not on behalf of anyone else or for any dumb agenda, chill with the shock image goatse stuff, there are people trying to post some truly hosed up transphobic and horrible poo poo right now and people are reporting when it happens, and all the reports of goatse are making it hard to find. Please look at the day probation I just put in if you don't believe me. I understand you probably wont stop, its ok I understand the anger because I am angry as hell too.

a fair request

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The most surprising thing about all of this is that Lowtax actually makes any sort of money from owning this dead shithole.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

What kind of animal reports the goatman smh

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

make me a mod ill help

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

imagine reading this thread and reporting the goat man

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

cormac posted:

Everything good on this site has happened in spite of lowtax's drug addled incompetence, what an absolute worthless sack of poo poo.

Honestly? It’s kind of inspiring, humanity might have a chance

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

track down the goatman and hand the site to him. i trust him.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

I googled schmorky and all i got was r/OotL, which then recc'd KF for info so I'm gonna take things with a grain of salt for now

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Good news, everyone, https://www.sweatytoes.com is for sale! Who wants to create the new forums?

Leo
Oct 25, 2005

can someone tell me how to contact lowtax about purchasing the site

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Powered Descent posted:

The thing last year was when Rich broke down and started talking about his medical and financial woes, and the goons came together and basically re-enacted the end of It's A Wonderful Life to save him.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884184

We legitimately George Bailey-ed the guy, and now, here we are. Welp.

all goon projects end in tragedy/

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

snoo posted:

yes

this has been seared into my brain and seeing it again is loving me up. I always thought it was a joke

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
i cant believe snoo was the green day av.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

i'm glad you're still taking action against bigoted posts like that but it is very funny that you're still trying to do your job

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Im laughing at the shock images but reporting it isnt helping.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Where were you when the forums were kill

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Has Lowtax done anything or posted anything funny lately anyway

Seems like the modmins do all the modminning and Richard just pops in every couple of months to wax hysterical about the forums or post a DMCA notice

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Lowtax is going to win because of the money we all gave him. It was never about the spine.

Only trust your fists

YELLOW CAT
Nov 27, 2002
SOMEONE BURN DOWN MY HOUSE, I NEED A LAUGH

Valleyant posted:

Schmorky was a diaper loving pedo that lowtax let hang out with his daughter

I leave this forum for 16 years and it all comes down? I just logged in after forever and it happens to be the date that this "the future of somethingawful" disclaimer is up. ANd then Schmorky??!?

What ever happened to Fragmaster? Doom House was a thing of beauty

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I can't believe no-one has done a Thanos meme of Lowtax snapping his fingers and then the forums/posts just dusting away.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
did this get posted yet?

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

DelilahFlowers posted:

I googled schmorky and all i got was r/OotL, which then recc'd KF for info so I'm gonna take things with a grain of salt for now

He used to make cartoons for SomethingAwful, now he makes cartoons for nazis.

That's pretty much it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Honestly? It’s kind of inspiring, humanity might have a chance

it's the opposite of inspiring, one rear end in a top hat can always gently caress everything up

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

modmins

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

By all means kill the bigoted posts but who the hell is reporting goatse right now

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

SourKraut posted:

I can't believe no-one has done a Thanos meme of Lowtax snapping his fingers and then the forums/posts just dusting away.

make it his spine and you got yourself a winner (snapping or dusting, I don't care)

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

metasynthetic posted:

did this get posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KbjYN7-9aE

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

this has been seared into my brain and seeing it again is loving me up. I always thought it was a joke

Same. drat what a terrible av

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

metasynthetic posted:

did this get posted yet?

Nope you're the first one to post the patreon, congrats

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

snoo posted:

yes

wow i remember this, always assumed it was poking fun at livejournal

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Who is Reene?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

By all means kill the bigoted posts but who the hell is reporting goatse right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

If you guys had ever read the posts that av was attached to, you'd have known then that it was unironic.