Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Exactly how much time do you need to prepare not doing something? It’s a very binary decision to make and the implications of it are immediately obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

fadam posted:

Speak on that.

You seem to really like to tell women what to do.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

neaden posted:

almost as much as he likes posting about my posts lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

neaden posted:

Everyone needs a hobby!

A Moose posted:

almost as much as he likes posting about my posts lol

I’m sorry for making fun of you, please don’t guillotine me :(

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Exactly how much time do you need to prepare not doing something? It’s a very binary decision to make and the implications of it are immediately obvious.

No less time than it takes to realize putting Skarrgan Hellkite in Cavalcade is a terrible decision.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

The communication regarding it needed to be better executed it. Based on communication and hashtags I saw being used, people weren't even sure if they are not streaming for BLM or because of Twitch sexual predators and abusers.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ShaneB posted:

The communication regarding it needed to be better executed it. Based on communication and hashtags I saw being used, people weren't even sure if they are not streaming for BLM or because of Twitch sexual predators and abusers.

Imagine being the guy who is like “boycotting Twitch for BLM? That’s fine...but boycotting Twitch for harbouring rapists? That’s where I draw the line.”

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

How about not posting to SA?

You'd think it would be easy. And yet...

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
withholding any further hilarious one liners from this thread until lowtax is removed from power

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

where will i get my snarky one liner poo poo posts now dammit

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

kalvanoo posted:

withholding any further hilarious one liners from this thread until lowtax is removed from power

Keep posting. The more you post without spending money, the more he loses

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

A Moose posted:

There's lots of streamers streaming that refused to talk about it, like Crokeyz because he's a coward.
He cant take a day off - without him streaming where will people get their daily content of someone chain smoking, ripping fat vape clouds while saying “pogchamp” / “kek” and getting completely destroyed by mystmin running some lovely grixis pile

ShaneB posted:

you should follow good streamers, like Aspiring Spike, instead
AS is a good dude, that streams fun decks, and interacts with the chat in a reasonable, non-meme fashion. Plus his dog is awesome.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Something Awful is more than one person but I will be sad to see this site go, if it comes to that.

That said if you want to keep talking about Magic with goons hit us up at https://discord.gg/zg6fDFU. Be warned we actually have an active mod presence there so try not to be a dingus if you join!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
To distract with a rules query, what's the interaction between Doom Fortold and Tamiyo? I assume that whatever Tamiyo's owner has going on, they can't be made to sac a creature so the "If they can't" condition goes off instead (although her controller won't discard because of her)

I was just presented with a chance to test it out, but also with a chance to win there and then with Oath of Kaya.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think the 2/2 knight part would go off with no choice involved.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
The best take I heard on the Twitch Blackout was that a far far more effective way to get attention to the issue and pressure Twitch would be to organize a day where everyone streamed on the topic and spoke about it instead of their normal content, which would make the subject unavoidable on the website. Taking a day off is a fairly meaningless gesture, which is more than zero but not a good way to use your platform to make a real impact.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

BizarroAzrael posted:

To distract with a rules query, what's the interaction between Doom Fortold and Tamiyo? I assume that whatever Tamiyo's owner has going on, they can't be made to sac a creature so the "If they can't" condition goes off instead (although her controller won't discard because of her)

I was just presented with a chance to test it out, but also with a chance to win there and then with Oath of Kaya.

The interaction should be the same principle as Tamiyo and Kroxa: They can't discard a nonland card, so they don't discard a nonland card, so they lose 3 life.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Cool, always thought so but was reminded when I almost found out.

In case anyone is interested in etymology, I checked and Triome is a nonsense word/fun bit of wordplay, since part of biome comes, as you might guess, from bio rather than bi.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

TheDemon posted:

The best take I heard on the Twitch Blackout was that a far far more effective way to get attention to the issue and pressure Twitch would be to organize a day where everyone streamed on the topic and spoke about it instead of their normal content, which would make the subject unavoidable on the website. Taking a day off is a fairly meaningless gesture, which is more than zero but not a good way to use your platform to make a real impact.

Ya it'd be better to have even at least the top watched streamers in different games be talking about the subject. The whole Ninja/Shroud thing just proved how quickly and replaceable streamers are so if someone is totally offline those viewers will just go to the next channel and might even give more money to twitch as they sub to a new channel they wouldn't otherwise watch.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

BizarroAzrael posted:

The controller of Tamiyo neither sacs a thing, nor discards a card. Doom Foretold's controller still gets a card, life, and creature token.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

BizarroAzrael posted:

In case anyone is interested in etymology, I checked and Triome is a nonsense word/fun bit of wordplay, since part of biome comes, as you might guess, from bio rather than bi.

I like it-- even though a lot of words in MtG are nonsense, they still make sense if you bother to look into the etymology. Whoever named some of these cards are very clever people.

for example, Borborygmos is named after borborygmus, more colloquially known as one's stomach rumbling

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

BizarroAzrael posted:

This is a silly bit of trivia and I love it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Spell puns like Lavalanche are the best though

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

TheDemon posted:

For what it's worth, the selection of streamers for the M21 "Streamer preview" seems pretty anemic. Also I clicked on Amazonian for a second and she was talking about how she "needs to give Riot more money" because of a new ingame pet or whatever, during her exclusive WotC promo show lmao

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Syncopate being called that because it’s a cross between Power Sink and Dissipate is my favourite bit of naming trivia.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Katana Gomai posted:

For what it's worth, the selection of streamers for the M21 "Streamer preview" seems pretty anemic. Also I clicked on Amazonian for a second and she was talking about how she "needs to give Riot more money" because of a new ingame pet or whatever, during her exclusive WotC promo show lmao

LMAO beyond compare at promoting RIOT of all places during her stream to raise awareness of sexual harrassment good lord.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

LMAO beyond compare at promoting RIOT of all places during her stream to raise awareness of sexual harrassment good lord.

Bud, are you really trying to dictate which companies with histories of racism, sexism, and predatory business practices women are allowed to stan? Not a good look, that’s gonna get a yikes from me.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
It's funny how the two posters with the worst possible takes on magic are now applying those terrible takes to everything else in their lives. Like y think being a miserable jackass some of the time would be enough, but apparently you have to wallow in poo poo like a hog to feel anything in life.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

This is why my favorite M21 card is Goremand.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm gonna miss this thread but if it's the price we have to pay to cut GBS out of my brain space and loose into the ocean of the internet well I'll pay 1B and sac this thread

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Eej posted:

I'm gonna miss this thread but if it's the price we have to pay to cut GBS out of my brain space and loose into the ocean of the internet well I'll pay 1B and sac this thread

this thread has made me a smarter magic player but overall a dumber person, and for that i will remain grateful

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
This thread is literally the only place I discuss Magic with anyone on the internet. It definitely can't be replaced. Hope it's still here in the morning!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

vegetables posted:

Syncopate being called that because it’s a cross between Power Sink and Dissipate is my favourite bit of naming trivia.

I like the nicknames that cards get, like quench being 'mana weak' or dreadhorde arcanist being 'slapcaster mage'.

Den protector -> maternal witness is also good, and omen of the sea -> seaordain is also pretty inspired.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

LifeLynx posted:

This thread is literally the only place I discuss Magic with anyone on the internet. It definitely can't be replaced. Hope it's still here in the morning!

If anything can survive as a discord without losing its essence it's this thread.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Some Goon posted:

If anything can survive as a discord without losing its essence it's this thread.

Yeah a thread chat crew can work on discord, a whole forums? Gonna gently caress it up.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Disturbing Plot

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

this thread is probably the only thread discord i'd want to be a part of, but the invite posted upthread is expired (???, i don't really know how discord works that well). what do.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Thread is still here! I'm on the discord just to be safe. Every thread on the forums has their own discord at this point...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

this thread is probably the only thread discord i'd want to be a part of, but the invite posted upthread is expired (???, i don't really know how discord works that well). what do.

https://discord.gg/8U9yxJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

A Moose posted:

Thread is still here! I'm on the discord just to be safe. Every thread on the forums has their own discord at this point...

The forums aren't going to die. I will :toxx: on it.