Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Goddamn Burt, what the gently caress.

Also rot in hell Lowtax, you spineless piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Using the below image

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Zzulu posted:

I wish the op could summarize the tweets and whatnot on the 1st page because it's impossible to keep up with this thread. I left a while ago and there are like 50 new pages and now i'm going to bed. Tomorrow there will be even more

Yes, I have no idea what's going on. I have donated to Rainn tho (which i just learned about!). I just hope logan is safe

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!

Reene posted:

hey

this being six months aka fifty years ago in 2020 time, I went back to look at the poo poo surrounding those threads. from what I can tell at the time it was posted we (or at least I) didn't really know about the abuse yet, it looked like a custody battle wherein one person had kidnapped their children which was obviously not the case, and none of us knew if that was actually her gofundme or someone that was a new reg trying to capitalize on the sitch.

anyway it was a bad ban and a bad call regardless and I undid the ban at the least, I should have followed the threads more thoroughly if nothing else and reviewed all of that poo poo after more info came out and I'm sorry for not doing that.

apropos of nothing else, lady ambien really did not want poo poo aired on the forums and still doesn't because she is in the middle of family litigation and immigration proceedings and there is a big potential for damage if her poo poo starts getting mixed into this. so I'd like to respect that personally even if it means slightly fewer avenues of owning the mods for some of you, please.

Look, a primary part of why we probated and banned people for contesting Lowtax's claims of a wife conspiracy were to protect those wives' right to privacy in the thread where their abusive ex-husband repeatedly and confidently posted details regarding their private lives and legal stituation.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Funk In Shoe posted:

lmao been trying for 5 hours to get Burt to actually answer a pretty basic question:

so far his answer has been this double speak poo poo and nothign else:

so I sent him a DM asking the same thing:

and he finally answered.. sort of. Still hiding from the thread though:

Burt is and always has been a cowardly sycophant who reacts to serious concerns by getting pissy, hiding and hoping it blows over, or trying to re-frame the issue as something silly and not worth talking about. Lowtax delenda est.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Who What Now posted:

Kinda hosed up that a certain clique of posters are using a women getting violently abused as a thin justification for airing forum grudges, but this is a lawless time so whattaya gonna do?

it is impossible to be mad at multiple things at once, and we don't have 200+ pages of gently caress lowtax we're running out of gently caress lowtax gently caress

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Dear God I don't know why but I've registered https://www.something-waffle.com and the forums are open for free registrations. The idea is basically to keep the same ethic and posting quality (lol) that SA has.

I love this place and I can't shake the feeling that Lowtax is going to nuke these forums.

I felt this was better than having a thousand discords :smith:. Assuming enough of you register and it doesn't go down as a waste of time, will have to consider mods etc. Would be happy with current good mods to moderate there to try and keep it samey.

you better delete that d&d subforum son lol

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Kaedric posted:

https://breadnroses.net/

Go to an offsite that was created in reaction to the lovely moderation and nazis on SA instead of one created because people weren't allowed to be nazi enough, for a change.

These two things are all that anyone should be doing now. Repost these links multiple times each page, make sure that they're seen. Post them in threads you frequent etc.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Looks like mr. Lowtax has a full scale uprising. What a year this has been! Seek help Lowtax, preferably from a well experienced counsellor/therapist.

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is that why the site stopped having influential memes?

They're called image macros bi*ch

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Anything new happen in the last 10 hours

Also, requoting myself because it still applies:

Again, lowtax, give up the forums. Be proud you created one of the best communities on the internet, but you've hosed up in ways you can't walk back and need to step aside if that amazing community is to survive. Retire, you've been in charge of the forums for decades, let someone without your baggage handle it. I'm sure there's someone who would be good for it. Don't burn it all down, don't refuse to listen to everyone, just step down please. It's for the best.

Also, make a copy of the entire forums and give it to the Internet Archive so the shitposts live on forever

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is that why the site stopped having influential memes?

It was hard for people to make original content when the entire website was swarmed with people posting “im gay” almost exactly like when a child learns he can say “poo poo” when his parents aren’t around

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SniperWoreConverse posted:

So what is the actual situation? Is there a breakdown summary of what is going on?
The man who founded the site has won the Triple Crown of Wife Beating

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Well this sucks, there was always something interesting or horrifying to read on here. Hope something survives. Why do some people have to be lovely?

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Who What Now posted:

Kinda hosed up that a certain clique of posters are using a women getting violently abused as a thin justification for airing forum grudges, but this is a lawless time so whattaya gonna do?
The thing is burt is one of the mods that covered for lowtax when he beat his last exwife which resulted in her fleeing with her child.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ratbert90 posted:

Burt actively banned anybody for mentioning Lowtax's domestic abuse police reports in the past.

He is complicit in Lowtax's actions and should be demodded and permabanned.

His initial reaction to this thread was to troll it by threatening to close it as a joke. He's all class is what I'm saying.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

100%

Unless some rich goon buys him out for a million or some ridiculous amount, this site dies with Lowtax

And if that were to happen the money would only go to feeding Lowtax's addictions and worsening the lives of his victims. Don't buy, do burn.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
*Future internet historianishly* This is exactly like what happened after Alexander the Great died and the years of war between his successors

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

Who What Now posted:

yea everyone it's totally not the time right now for us to air our grievances over the dude who thinks beating women isn't a big deal in this thread where we are talking about the domestic violence

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Hopefully something good can come of this poo poo.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

laserghost posted:

This was Lowtax just a year ago:

i really want to believe hes just a complete loving idiot but this just looks like manipulation to me

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
FYI Lowtax has lost about 400 patreons since like yesterday and at least 2k a month.

Lowtax Delenda Est

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Who What Now posted:

you don't only take one solitary piece of trash out when the garbage truck comes, do you?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

His initial reaction to this thread was to troll it by threatening to close it as a joke. He's all class is what I'm saying.

He's a horrible person and an even worse poster/mod.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Muscle Wizard posted:

i really want to believe hes just a complete loving idiot but this just looks like manipulation to me

it absolutely is manipulation and gently caress lowtax

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Wow I guess this place is hosed.

loving what a way to go.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Dear God I don't know why but I've registered https://www.something-waffle.com and the forums are open for free registrations. The idea is basically to keep the same ethic and posting quality (lol) that SA has.

I love this place and I can't shake the feeling that Lowtax is going to nuke these forums.

I felt this was better than having a thousand discords :smith:. Assuming enough of you register and it doesn't go down as a waste of time, will have to consider mods etc. Would be happy with current good mods to moderate there to try and keep it samey.

Try to duplicate things as best you can, maybe? If it forms a good nucleus goons will naturally accrete there instead of dispersing to all corners of the universe

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I wish the op could summarize the tweets and whatnot on the 1st page because it's impossible to keep up with this thread. I left a while ago and there are like 50 new pages and now i'm going to bed. Tomorrow there will be even more

ha ha "Tomorrow". lolz

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
lets not bring up the fact that burt is a mod on these forums who is currently actively covering up domestic abuse in the thread about the domestic abuse burt wants us to stop asking him about

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Sid Vicious posted:

Hey Hedrigall I'm making a new forum you can be in charge of the big cats sanctuary forum

what can i be in charge of

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Muscle Wizard posted:

Why not both

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Motion to make gently caress 12 refer to Lowtax as well

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Stalin-Chan posted:

lets not bring up the fact that burt is a mod on these forums who is currently actively covering up domestic abuse in the thread about the domestic abuse burt wants us to stop asking him about

ok lemme just FAAAAAAAAAAAART PISS

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

works for me

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

So what is the actual situation? Is there a breakdown summary of what is going on?

Lowtax has abused his last three partners, among others. mentally and physically. he has gone out of his way to destroy them when they leave him as well.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

I didn't notice an issue with burt until the shitload of screenshots in this thread showing he covered up the domestic abuse shelter poo poo. Which should have been the end full stop when it happened, we shouldn't be at a 3rd domestic abuse victim..........

but gently caress lowtax is the main point

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Open the mod forum to all and sundry you muggletonians!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer