Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

I think we're all hoping Lowtax just fucks off while acknowledging that if Lowtax did the right thing he'd also not be abusing anyone. So I'd say register on Bread & Roses, so you can stay in contact with your SA bros & gals in case he pitches a shitfit and just takes the forum offline with no warning, which I don't think is outwith the realms of possibility.

It's an SA offsite but it's it's own thing too and it (as far as I can see) just seems chill. There's a general wrestling thread & an AEW thread so far but if there's more activity then obviously we can have more threads. I'm thinking of starting a general puro thread assuming we have a few more PSPers turn up.

Yeah I signed up, waiting on approval. No disrespect to that site though, if we can manage to keep SA up under new management I'd...well, I'd prefer that tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i want my ban to come from jerusalem none of these other SLOBS

https://i.imgur.com/xmqhUUD.gif :nws:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 25, 2020

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I haven't bought anything on the forums in around a decade and I've not given any money to Lowtax's various grifting operations over the years like the xenforo fundraiser that went straight into his pocket so I've always thought I'd probably post until it actually dies and then not pay for a new site or whatever. There's been plenty of times where it looked like this was the one to kill it and then it didn't and I don't think it'll happen here either but it will be more goons just deciding to leave.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Ten bucks to bnr sounds worthwhile, done.

I’m mostly a lurker and not a goon by any sane standard but this is a good place to talk about wrestling and I’m glad I found it. Y’all would be good without SA. Different, of course, but the good is in the people. In the same way, you can’t just pick up and move a board somewhere else, but you can build a new thing with some of the old people. Insert a long rambling story about Asheron's Call forums here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm about to go to bed so if I wake up and Lowtax has nuked the forums I just want to say it has been an honor and a privilege serving on the PSP frontlines with you all. See you in the next life :patriot:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

There’s a gross picture on this page.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

This is terrible advice, next you'll be telling me to go outside & talk to real people face to face.

the hypothetical of talking to people in the real world about professional wrestling has left me in shambles

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Well that was unnecessary.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

i want my ban to come from jerusalem none of these other SLOBS

we definitely need to preserve the forums so that people can make posts like these for another 2 decades

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I'm about to go to bed so if I wake up and Lowtax has nuked the forums I just want to say it has been an honor and a privilege serving on the PSP frontlines with you all. See you in the next life :patriot:

Same. Here's hoping Lowtax agrees to a buyout or something

Well I'm not going to bed but on the rest of it.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Posting on SA has been like hiding in a bunker with a bunch of people who've all agreed to collectively pretend like it's still 2005. If this place shuts down I don't really know where I'd go. Starting over on a new forum feels weird.

Do you need to do anything else when signing up for B&R to get the waiver for the $10 fee? Just wait until they clear through the queue?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Erebus posted:

Posting on SA has been like hiding in a bunker with a bunch of people who've all agreed to collectively pretend like it's still 2005. If this place shuts down I don't really know where I'd go. Starting over on a new forum feels weird.

Do you need to do anything else when signing up for B&R to get the waiver for the $10 fee? Just wait until they clear through the queue?

AFAIK, just wait friendo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is B&R good about not being obsessed with SA? I got some bad vibes when I was in the discord that made it that it was just going to turn into another "a forum about my posting enemies"

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is B&R good about not being obsessed with SA? I got some bad vibes when I was in the discord that made it that it was just going to turn into another "a forum about my posting enemies"

Here’s what it says at the top of their forum right now, “ I would also like to please remind all our members that while, yes, this was seeded as an SA offsite, we really do not want to be tied down specifically to the old country. And while, yes, current events there are once more happening and hopping, we re-iterate our policy of keeping SomethingAwful on SomethingAwful. No threads about which was your favourite mod, or least favourite, no posts about how you always knew Lowtax was scum. There's going to be some pressure to release, especially with a bunch of new people just joining, so the unnofficial policy for the next little bit is to turn a blind eye to the little times when you make references (Status posts, a quick joke, etc). But please be mindful we do not wanna get mired in toxicity of the old place.”

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Erebus posted:

Just wait. Didn't take long for me.

Gumball Gumption posted:

They warn against this in the rules so I assume they're fine about it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I cannot submit posts to the discord. Every variation of "enter", "shift-enter" etc. creates a line break.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

According to their rules and whatever they don't want that, but I think we all know how much words like that mean at this point. I'm skeptical but willing to at least give it a shot if this place dies.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

This isnt a board of directors who can force a ceo to resign or sell his controlling shares, this is a series of unpaid mods vs the sole owner of a website. He doesnt have to agree to anything and I am willing he wont, so an exodus is probably anyones only option of posting somewhere he doesnt own and cant benefit from financially.

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
Is there a way to sign up for bnr without $10?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SA Forums Poster posted:

Just sign up without paying and they'll approve you eventually.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SA Forums Poster posted:

Looks like they waived the entrance fee for now

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's good to see. Like, it was primarily one person so if they're saying that attitude didn't end up making it into B&R that's good to hear.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bluedeanie posted:

This isnt a board of directors who can force a ceo to resign or sell his controlling shares, this is a series of unpaid mods vs the sole owner of a website. He doesnt have to agree to anything and I am willing he wont, so an exodus is probably anyones only option of posting somewhere he doesnt own and cant benefit from financially.

That's specifically why I mentioned a buyout though.

Apparently Jeffery of YOSPOS has allegedly reached out to Lowtax about such a thing, and honestly for Lowtax he's kinda in a no-win situation. No one is gonna want anything to do with him, I'd imagine the Patreon is/will absolutely tank, and a buyout might honestly be his best possible option at this point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'd imagine the Patreon is/will absolutely tank

It's gone from 7.5k to 3.2k in about 18 hours :lol:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
freeing rarity's post

edit: rarity's post was not visible until i made it so by posting this post

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I'm getting that weird ghost post bug, just posting to see what was posted.

Edit: lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

I wish I knew at what point SA starts costing him more than he makes so that I can know when posting will finally be praxis.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bluedeanie posted:

This is why I'm sceptical, aye. Despite all the griping he does about the forums being a money loser it's his source of income, because he can't be so loving deluded to think people gave to his Patreon for his shite Youtube videos can he? So I don't see him willingly relinquishing that & he'd rather just tear the whole thing down.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Rarity posted:

drat that'll just barely cover his monthly GTR payments

forkboy84 posted:

This is why I'm sceptical, aye. Despite all the griping he does about the forums being a money loser it's his source of income, because he can't be so loving deluded to think people gave to his Patreon for his shite Youtube videos can he? So I don't see him willingly relinquishing that & he'd rather just tear the whole thing down.

even if when this place becomes a money sink for him, he will never give it up. this is the only thing in his life that he has done that he thinks matters. this is where he became "Famous." this is all he has

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Gumball Gumption posted:

I wish I knew at what point SA starts costing him more than he makes so that I can know when posting will finally be praxis.

Project Go Away makes its triumphant return from the depths of 2001

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

There’s a lot of people talking like they won’t be coming back, so just in case this is the end I feel like we need to do this one last time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Here’s a very ominous post from a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

For reasons of safety there are things I haven't posted here but basically, contacting Logan has been made more difficult than simply sending her a text.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
If this is it, I can't believe that Vince McMahon and the WWE outlasted this site.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wendell posted:

Here’s a very ominous post from a mod

Jesus loving Christ

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
If Rich has her phone it would explain the Facebook and KF posts

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AsInHowe posted:

If this is it, I can't believe that Vince McMahon and the WWE outlasted this site.

I'm not surprised

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

been out of town for a couple of days what a loving shitshow

see some of you on twitter i guess, gently caress this

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Erebus posted:

I signed to B&R but its bittersweet. Like you said: I remember Lost in a Panzer Tank Party, 911 Megathread, JudoHobo, Living in Mickie James' rear end and a million other silly moments before I even sprouted hair on my legs. It's like we were in the war maaaaaan and so tied to years and years back there is still this odd nostalgia.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I paid $10 like a fool but I'll have a queer peer gang tag soon so it's okay.

Also B&R is unlike SA for me so far in that I didn't feel the need to lurk for like a year and a half before making my first post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Someone bought this account for me and I’ve never given Lowtax a dime so all I really have to lose is the countless hours I’ve sunk into TRP and to a lesser extent this sub