Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Goons if I could ask you to read an effort post I'd like to suggest what I feel is one of the best things we could do in this situation.

First off I would like to humbly request that we hold off on the discussion where to assign blame for this communities enabling of Lowtax's abuse for the moment- it's an important discussion to have, but I don't feel this exact moment is the best time to have it because there are more pressing issues to address that should come first. The one thing comment I have on the matter is: irrespective of individual levels of guilt that can be rationally (or irrationally) assigned to various members of this community; the fact of the matter is that the community (as a whole) bears a very significant level of responsibility for enabling Lowtax's abuse. We cannot wash this stain or undo what has been done, but what we can do is (as a community) focus first and foremost on helping Logan get into a better and safer space.

I think when you view Logan's video and her recent actions it's important to keep in mind what exactly the context is and how astonishingly difficult it is for an individual in her situation to psychologically overcome the conditioning they have experienced and recognize that they are an abuse victim. At this point in her life Logan's entire self-identity, professional career, and source of revenue, are all tied up in Lowtax via this website. This is a very common situation for abuse victims to be placed in by their abusers and one of the reasons why it is often so hard for abuse victims to recognize the situation and extract themselves from it- so let's do what we can to make that (impossibly difficult) internal journey easier for Logan.

Logan, sweetie, if you happen to read this I want you to know that you are a worthy human being who deserves love and compassion. Yes, even being an alcoholic bipolar mess in a terrible situation- you are still worthy of love and compassion. Your safety, and your future happiness, are more important than this community. So your level of responsibility for the current situation doesn't matter, what matters is getting you out of this situation and into a safe one where you have the time and resources you need to focus on your recovery.

To that end goons I would like to propose that we open a GoFundMe of some sort to support Logan, get her away from Lowtax and help her afford the help she is going to need to restart/rebuild her life after this. I would also like to suggest that we open a simular GoFundMe for Lowtax's other victims, and in particular his children, who are definitely going to need support in the coming months/years.

In my view these are the least we can do to acknowledge that no matter which individuals Among Us shoulder the blame, we as a community have a clear-cut responsibility to do whatever we can to help Lowtax's victims recover from the abuse that our community has enabled.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

brokenknee posted:

trump is never funny

what about when he stared directly at the sun

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Haha! I had two get out of jail free cards!

Here's hoping I won't need a third!

*dies*

G.A.P.O.
Jun 24, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cum posted:

I love how it’s not lowtax that’ll kill this website but the 60 idiots on a race to make as many splinter discords and offsites as possible

No, it's still Lowtax

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer
piss

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Where are people finding the police report? I checked around and couldn't find it besides random imgur links. The Lee's Summit police blotter also doesn't have anything for January 21st besides a lot of stealing.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

ArfJason posted:

me, looking at lowtax's patreon

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Parity warning posted:

everyone is quitting something awful and going to post at drew curtis' fark dot com

loving finally.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man, Lowtax really with the classic "most rape accusations are false since only a small percentage result in a conviction" logic.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

really queer Christmas posted:

Jesus gently caress that video and those police reports. I'm so disappointed in myself for not seeing it earlier and thinking dude was just having bad luck. Go gently caress yourself lowtax you utter piece of poo poo.

Sorry I've been asleep, but what video? I read some police reports earlier but didn't see any video

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
how the gently caress is there still 3k/month worth of donations on his loving patreon

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

cum posted:

I love how it’s not lowtax that’ll kill this website but the 60 idiots on a race to make as many splinter discords and offsites as possible
Nobody's going to stay on any of these things. If there was even a remotely half decent alternative for a fairly well-structured forum, people would already have left.
Discord is mIRC, Twitter is a disease.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

Prester Jane posted:

Goons if I could ask you to read an effort post I'd like to suggest what I feel is one of the best things we could do in this situation.

First off I would like to humbly request that we hold off on the discussion where to assign blame for this communities enabling of Lowtax's abuse for the moment- it's an important discussion to have, but I don't feel this exact moment is the best time to have it because there are more pressing issues to address that should come first. The one thing comment I have on the matter is: irrespective of individual levels of guilt that can be rationally (or irrationally) assigned to various members of this community; the fact of the matter is that the community (as a whole) bears a very significant level of responsibility for enabling Lowtax's abuse. We cannot wash this stain or undo what has been done, but what we can do is (as a community) focus first and foremost on helping Logan get into a better and safer space.

I think when you view Logan's video and her recent actions it's important to keep in mind what exactly the context is and how astonishingly difficult it is for an individual in her situation to psychologically overcome the conditioning they have experienced and recognize that they are an abuse victim. At this point in her life Logan's entire self-identity, professional career, and source of revenue, are all tied up in Lowtax via this website. This is a very common situation for abuse victims to be placed in by their abusers and one of the reasons why it is often so hard for abuse victims to recognize the situation and extract themselves from it- so let's do what we can to make that (impossibly difficult) internal journey easier for Logan.

Logan, sweetie, if you happen to read this I want you to know that you are a worthy human being who deserves love and compassion. Yes, even being an alcoholic bipolar mess in a terrible situation- you are still worthy of love and compassion. Your safety, and your future happiness, are more important than this community. So your level of responsibility for the current situation doesn't matter, what matters is getting you out of this situation and into a safe one where you have the time and resources you need to focus on your recovery.

To that end goons I would like to propose that we open a GoFundMe of some sort to support Logan, get her away from Lowtax and help her a afford the help she is going to need to recocer/rebuild her life after this. I would also like to suggest that we open simular GoFundMe for low taxes other victims, and in particular his children, who are definitely going to need support in the coming months/years.

In my view these are the least we can do to acknowledge that no matter which individuals Among Us shoulder the blame, we as a community have a clear-cut responsibility to do whatever we can to help Lowtax's victims recover from the abuse that our community has enabled.

Cymoril fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 24, 2020

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

ArfJason posted:

love that one so much

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

NOTHING IS REAL THE WORLD IS A gently caress 12301273 DEAD FORUM POSTERS

LOWTAX DELENDA EST

Who wants to go look up the actual court transcripts? You'd be doing us all a favor.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

HamsterPolice posted:

The mods needs to step down. Yeah, mods are people too and they're not perfect. But this is a pretty egregious gently caress up. Just lol if none of the mods/admins leave because of this.

I think getting lowtax to leave should be priority #1. Burt can leave later.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Lowtax woke up and purged the front page article, buckle up

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

ArfJason posted:

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

WHAT'RE YOU GONNA DO IF I KEEP POSTING THESE?

BAN ME?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

if you ain't a cop it ain't entrapment right?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Jobbo_Fett posted:

NOTHING IS REAL THE WORLD IS A gently caress 12301273 DEAD FORUM POSTERS

LOWTAX DELENDA EST

what a sleazy little pussy he is

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ArfJason posted:

btw there is close to 0% chance lowtax closes or gives away the site. his work experience is 20 years of sleeping at 4pm and doing more benzos than all of tcc combined. no way hes letting go of the gravy train like that lmao

Ya lol at him steadily dismantling this cause he can't just beat off every day instead

Ulthar
Aug 14, 2007

My parents are deeaaaaaaad!!!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

lowtax's dumbass "I DID NOT DO A CRIME SHOW ME WHERE I DID A CRIME" is exactly the same meek assfuck bullshit he pulled with the whole "I NEVER TOUCHED HER I NEVER LAID A FINGER ON HER HOW COULD I BE AN ABUSER IF I DIDNT TOUCH HER" bullshit he pulled with LA

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

StrangersInTheNight posted:

how the gently caress is there still 3k/month worth of donations on his loving patreon

a couple of the nazis who donate to him have mad stacks. turns out being white and wealthy correlates with being a loving horrible human being.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm pretty grossed out that he was mining his forums for women so much. That's not a good move, and a weak approach.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Prester Jane posted:

To that end goons I would like to propose that we open a GoFundMe of some sort to support Logan, get her away from Lowtax and help her a afford the help she is going to need to recocer/rebuild her life after this. I would also like to suggest that we open simular GoFundMe for low taxes other victims, and in particular his children, who are definitely going to need support in the coming months/years.

A very good post. :agreed: 1000%

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Ron Darling posted:

There are times outside SA where I just need to use the smilies here and I can't and it saddens me

16-bit RDRAM
May 31, 2020

by angerbeet
Should ask lowtax if he's innocent and keeps getting involved with these WaCkY wOmEn, why would the forums want to stay involved with someone who is such a chronically poor judge of character and can't stay away from people who threaten the stability and long-term survival of his sole source of income

I mean this isn't the case but I want to see what the xan'd up response is.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

StrangersInTheNight posted:

night crew, sure they'll wake up soon.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
"goons made lowtax abuse his girlfriend" is the wildest take out the thread yet so congrats

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
(@ everything): lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

For reasons of safety there are things I haven't posted here but basically, contacting Logan has been made more difficult than simply sending her a text.

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Mat Cauthon posted:

Is this real because God this is awful
This is 100% the kind of tack he would take, if you look at all the other examples compiled over the years

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i think lowtax will keep the forum around because he needs money and he is a rational and smart human being who definitely isn't prone to doing things out of anger like for instance hitting women and lowtax is really funny

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Prester Jane posted:

All I'd say to this is that while I agree, the mods who banned all those people for speaking up didn't afford the community the same respect.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

WHAT'RE YOU GONNA DO IF I KEEP POSTING THESE?

BAN ME?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

He really thinks he still has all the power here, doesn't he?

His patreon's been cut by over half and is probably going to be banned alltogether, he knows jack poo poo about how the website actually works, and his codetoucher and most of the other staff has spoken out one way or another against him. He's not getting out of this one untarnished.

The man thinks he's made of teflon, but he's actually just full of poo poo.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

also this poo poo is very on brand for 2020 so i'm not surprised by it at all

just disappointed

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
domestic abuse can be hard to prove in court. it usually happens at home with few witnesses.

which I why we choose to Believe Women. gently caress lowtax gtfo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Darko posted:

I'm pretty grossed out that he was mining his forums for women so much. That's not a good move, and a weak approach.
To be fair, have you seen how sexy the average Goon is?