Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Also if you're looking for someone to run dungeons with, I don't care how noob you are, if I'm on @Mordgier we can run any normal together - except Unhallowed Grave - unless you are 100% familiar with the mechanics of that dungeon because gently caress that dungeon.

On pretty much every day 9pm EST-1am EST.

I have alts to fill any role so don't care what you are either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm like CP300 and get 5k DPS, fight me.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

GreenNight posted:

I'm like CP300 and get 5k DPS, fight me.

Nah, would be too easy of a win - but if you post your combat metrics output along with the CP allocation and gear screen there are undoubtedly people in this thread who can help you at the very least double that number.

Plus if there's dungeon gear you're missing I'll run them with you as a tank so you don't have to wait 40 minutes for the queue.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Sure, I need to get rid of my vampism since it's the pits drinking folks all the time now.

I have zero dungeon gear, I don't remember off the top of my head (I'm in the office atm), but everything I wear is crafted.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Sure, I need to get rid of my vampism since it's the pits drinking folks all the time now.

I have zero dungeon gear, I don't remember off the top of my head (I'm in the office atm), but everything I wear is crafted.

Dungeon gear and monster set will help - but in general the most common issue with people failing to DSP is a bad rotation, over reliance on light attacks or the exact opposite of never using anything but abilities.

Dealing damage in ESO boils down to keeping up self buffs and dots and using a meaningful rotation - for example a warden will want to use Cutting Dive TWICE with a light attack in between to set a target off balance with the first case and then prod bleeding on an off balance target with the second cast - but using cutting dive a 3rd time in 7s is a waste of stamina...same with Acid Spray - the first cast does damage and applies a 4s dot - but you will see players just spamming nothing but Acid Spray over and over.

Finally, weaving in light attacks is crucial for certain build. Either practice and get it to muscle memory levels or use google to find the AHK script that people who can't be bothered to learn to weave use.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I just bought a bunch of crown crates because I’m a dumb idiot, roast me

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Should have spent that money on an av.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

FileNotFound posted:

Should have spent that money on an av player housing no one will see.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I like my title

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery

omg chael crash posted:

Well did you get anything cool at least?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Sadly no. I wanted one of those mean looking mounts. Got a couple of costumes and one of the new weapon motifs

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The only good thing to ever come out of the cash grab crates was the inferno guar

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Scyantific posted:

The only good thing to ever come out of the cash grab crates was the inferno guar

There was also the Lizard Camel. I'm still annoyed that that was not a store item. Crates are poo poo.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

trunkh posted:

There was also the Lizard Camel. I'm still annoyed that that was not a store item. Crates are poo poo.

Crates are always straight up worse than buying a skin from a store, even if it's the shittily overpriced Oblivion Horse armor. They prey on people with gambling tendencies and just make stuff unobtainable because fomo.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Eimi posted:

Crates are always straight up worse than buying a skin from a store, even if it's the shittily overpriced Oblivion Horse armor. They prey on people with gambling tendencies and just make stuff unobtainable because fomo.

The ESO crate drop rates are some of the worst I've ever seen.

https://www.crowncrates.com/gloomspore

Posting the old crates because new ones are not yet on the site.

If you are ever looking at something in a crate and think "I want this radiant apex item!"

Do look at the above link first and the drop rate.

Most crates will contain blues, greens and whites.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

FileNotFound posted:

The ESO crate drop rates are some of the worst I've ever seen.

https://www.crowncrates.com/gloomspore

Posting the old crates because new ones are not yet on the site.

If you are ever looking at something in a crate and think "I want this radiant apex item!"

Do look at the above link first and the drop rate.

Most crates will contain blues, greens and whites.
I got three or four apex mounts for free back when they used to give out crown crates for daily login rewards. I assume this is why they don't give out half a dozen crown crates just for logging in anymore. They neat mounts when they're free, but not worth spending however much is required on crown crates to get them that way.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Is there an active goon guild on ps4?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

GarudaPrime posted:

Is there an active goon guild on ps4?

Define "active."

I formed Cult of Ythrl if you want to join. There's a grand total of two of us right now. What's your PSN name? I'll shoot you an invite.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

There’s a few other people that log on to the original PS4 guild as well ever so often

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
So I missed some of the dungeon talk but I just hit CP 160 on my first character (magplar dps). If I had no issue doing normal dungeons leveling up should I be good to jump right into Vet? I have a set of Julianos/Mother's Sorrow and I need to get a monster set to complete my initial gear load out. Just want to make sure I'm not going to piss anyone off.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

insider posted:

Just want to make sure I'm not going to piss anyone off.

Who gives a poo poo?

I suggest trying a parse against a dummy if you can to just practice weaving and your rotation. It will help a lot to just have it to the level that you do not think about. Your gear will change but in all likelihood your rotation will stay the same. Keep in mind the dummy DPS you get is going to be higher than what you are likely to pull against a solo boss in a dungeon. Ideally you should be able to hit 15k dps vs a dummy - expect to actually come closer to 10k vs a real world boss due to dodging and other mechanics. You'll find pubbies in vet who are "DPS" and can't hit 10k ever - so I assure you that you won't draw the ire of the average group.

I talk a lot of poo poo about DPS and expectations at 160CP - reality is that the vast majority of the ESO playerbase falls WAY short - so while I say that at 160 CP with full crafted sets you should hit 15k - most players do not. Honestly at this point I'm happy if the pubbie DPS has buff food and manages to not sit in the fire the whole fight.....

Yell at me if you want a tank, I'm generally on 9pm EST-1AM EST on PC NA @Mordgier and can tank any vet content, Fri,Sat,Sun are trial nights so I'm not available but any other day I'll happily tank and maybe able to round up others to fill the remaining slots...

Finally, if you are running vet and looking for specific items and see pubbies get them, don't be shy - ask for a trade, most people will trade it if they don't need it for free.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

they still havent re-released the regular rear end kagouti after all these years

i hate this loving game

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

will say even though this is old and the person asking probably already quit the game or whatever

GreatGreen posted:

I've never played ESO but I have one question about the lore/tone of the game.

Where does the writing fall on the batshit scale between "boring vanilla MMO" and "Morrowind Lore"?

Scyantific posted:

About as vanilla as Skyrim (compared to Morrowind)

this is wrong

launch stuff is pretty hit or miss, generally leans a bit more into the weird but its a lot of them making a ton of content in a tortured launch and you get a lot of same-yness in the alliance stories despite some interesting lore details

but most the DLCs have all been pretty good and you'll be getting a lot more weird in the TES way than like oblivion or skyrim

morrowind>CWC (and the conclusion in Summerset) is still probably some of the best lore weirdness since TES3, and feels at home there, and even got Kirkbride back to write some stuff for Morrowind but i wont say what

elsweyr and greymoor are...alright. Both are under a new 'Loremaster' after the last one retired (but the new one was the head writer of CWC which is still one of the highpoints I think for cool lore stuff). Elsweyr we really didnt have a ton on prior but those DLCs flesh out a lot khajiit and their relationship with azurah. Greymoor also does at least a better job depicting the nords of not really following the 8 divines which is an imperial cult but their own native cult.

The actual stories are alright but Morrowind > Clockwork city is still the highpoint for me but im a huge morrowind idiot so

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

i know im a fuckin whatever word you want to use here but the generic british voices for the native dunmer loving k i l l s m e

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

the gravely voice lines is actually a thing from recent voice actors union actions cause it was legit hell on peoples voices, also why they only brought it back in skyrim for a one off for st jiub

edit: jusy saying thats why yeah dunmer now all have more northern accents since skyrim and ESO

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 22, 2020

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Maybe it wouldn't be hell on his voice if they didn't have Jim Cummings voice 70% of the male characters.

bio force ape
Apr 3, 2016
Shadowfen is pretty good if you want some weirdness in just the basic game

you can be an honest to god skeleton main in an mmo if you do this one easy questline https://alcasthq.com/eso-skeleton-polymorph-guide/

do not underestimate how amazing this is if you happen to have the Drunk personality

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

bio force ape posted:

you can be an honest to god skeleton main in an mmo if you do this one easy questline https://alcasthq.com/eso-skeleton-polymorph-guide/

do not underestimate how amazing this is if you happen to have the Drunk personality

One of my favorite Goon ESO memories revolves around this polymorph, back near launch I ran with some goons doing Blackheart Haven. The gimmick there is that the pirates are cursed to turn into skeletons.

Once it was revealed to us I just said "pffft so what I can do that to" and popped the morph. The other goons immediately followed suit and we ran through it as skeletons.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

bio force ape posted:

It's also amazing with the Jester personality, especially after you bind a key to the walk action.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

g0del posted:

especially after you bind a key to the walk action.

*tilt your analog stick forward gently :colbert:

(seriously one of the best parts of ESO is being able to play it on PC with a controller and have a perfect UI, and mods, and play on your tv)

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Berke Negri posted:

will say even though this is old and the person asking probably already quit the game or whatever

this is wrong

launch stuff is pretty hit or miss, generally leans a bit more into the weird but its a lot of them making a ton of content in a tortured launch and you get a lot of same-yness in the alliance stories despite some interesting lore details

but most the DLCs have all been pretty good and you'll be getting a lot more weird in the TES way than like oblivion or skyrim

morrowind>CWC (and the conclusion in Summerset) is still probably some of the best lore weirdness since TES3, and feels at home there, and even got Kirkbride back to write some stuff for Morrowind but i wont say what

elsweyr and greymoor are...alright. Both are under a new 'Loremaster' after the last one retired (but the new one was the head writer of CWC which is still one of the highpoints I think for cool lore stuff). Elsweyr we really didnt have a ton on prior but those DLCs flesh out a lot khajiit and their relationship with azurah. Greymoor also does at least a better job depicting the nords of not really following the 8 divines which is an imperial cult but their own native cult.

The actual stories are alright but Morrowind > Clockwork city is still the highpoint for me but im a huge morrowind idiot so

Thanks for that clarification!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Working on the Lightbringer achievement?

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Molag Bal is a bad dude. I would like to fight him while chatting to goons in the NA server. Please invite @RustySasquatch here at the end of all things.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Turtle Watch posted:

Molag Bal is a bad dude. I would like to fight him while chatting to goons in the NA server. Please invite @RustySasquatch here at the end of all things.

You've got an invite to Chill Bros, the main guild and Deconstruct Circle Jerk, our crafting guild.

Godspeed during these End Times.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bonapartisan posted:

You've got an invite to Chill Bros, the main guild and Deconstruct Circle Jerk, our crafting guild.

Godspeed during these End Times.

There are so many end times happening concurrently I don’t have the faintest clue which one you are referring.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

jabro posted:

There are so many end times happening concurrently I don’t have the faintest clue which one you are referring.
The one happening to these forums: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

^^^

Not sure if I want to autoban myself or stay aboard this sinking ship - either way I'll keep crafting poo poo for goons (assuming you don't beat your wife)...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm thinking about picking ESO up for the first time. How do the stealth mechanics of the Nightblade compare to WoW Rogues or GW2 Thieves?

I really like the WoW way of doing stealth mechanics. The main thing is I want to sneak around and, ideally, kill players in a world environment. Kind of like PVP Servers in WoW (or other big PVP settings like Ashran in Warlords of Draenor, original Alterac Valley, etc) or the World vs World mechanic in GW2.

I've never played ESO and don't know anything about it but I know Skyrim and Oblivion forwards and backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Zesty posted:

The main thing is I want to sneak around and, ideally, kill players in a world environment. Kind of like PVP Servers in WoW (or other big PVP settings like Ashran in Warlords of Draenor, original Alterac Valley, etc) or the World vs World mechanic in GW2.

I'm gonna stop you right there chief. Open-world PvP is limited to one area where performance issues run rampant.