Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Sandwolf posted:

failing that, if you get separated, hold votefinder's hand

not to speak for alli but I'm sure if we do a mass emigration that some info will be posted on votefinder to catch any stragglers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

It's been a fun ride over the last 10+ years playing with you all. Catch me on discord if you want to stay connected. Goodbye.

Bye merk, I'll miss you. I still remember my second game ever, I was pretty sure you and kunzelman were scum but I couldn't convince dear sweet Pug for the life of me. That was the first of many losses to you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Let's just move to Fark

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Retro Futurist posted:

Let's just move to Fark

ebaums world

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
we could move to reddit

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

On this day we are all Marco from the naruto forums.

FR tho I think a forums place is good to have, there are things you just can’t do on discord and there are probably a fair number of people who want to game but not be part of a massive IRC community.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ew, toalpaz!

FWIW I'm not quite ready to abandon ship yet. I’m putting my ad blocker back on and not buying any plat upgrades or av certs for anyone for a while, but I’ll hope they just have a means to force him out. I’m too much a creature of habit to learn a new place, and this site (for all its problems) has some really good spaces that I enjoy, and most importantly it’s the only large sized forum I’ve ever found that actively chases out chuds.
I am glad we have the discord though, because lowtax also seems like the type to just nuke the site without warning.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Jump King posted:

On this day we are all Marco from the naruto forums.

FR tho I think a forums place is good to have, there are things you just can’t do on discord and there are probably a fair number of people who want to game but not be part of a massive IRC community.

Big thing is the consecutive time requirements for discord game. 1 hour all at once might be more than someone can set aside to play internet games.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We were discussing using slow mode and still using regular forums mafia deadlines to simulate the forums experience.

Because yeah, I agree that playing "live" mafia is much different and also something I haven't particularly enjoyed as much as the play when you can kind.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I would really, really emphasize the importance of joining the discord, if for no other reason than to learn what we plan to do as an overall community if this site does go down/the domestic abuser owner doesn't cede control!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Can someone make a channel on discord just dedicated to official sorts of updates and announcements about and moves?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

We could all make tumblr accounts and have really weird account maps and interaction/reply chains.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

FWIW I'm not quite ready to abandon ship yet. I’m putting my ad blocker back on and not buying any plat upgrades or av certs for anyone for a while, but I’ll hope they just have a means to force him out. I’m too much a creature of habit to learn a new place, and this site (for all its problems) has some really good spaces that I enjoy, and most importantly it’s the only large sized forum I’ve ever found that actively chases out chuds.
I am glad we have the discord though, because lowtax also seems like the type to just nuke the site without warning.

Pretty much same on all fronts, I’ve pretty much only used the forums for games and it’s a pretty good thing for that, I like paid forums and stuff and have never been like a fan of lowtax, so I’d rather somebody just steal it from him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The best option is probably to make an offsite.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just move over to the forum Ecco used as the second half on of one of their games when you died here.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The best option is probably to make an offsite.

It must have the :ironicat: smilie though

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Finally a forum for mafia and not abusing women...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

this is OFFICIAL

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I’m pretty sure B&R already exists as an SA off-site escape, idk anything about it tho

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it's basically CHAZ

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Jump King posted:

I’m pretty sure B&R already exists as an SA off-site escape, idk anything about it tho

it's left-oriented and extremely gay, in the positive sense

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

As long as it got pretend reality shows

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Hi I don't really play mafia anymore except TOS sometimes but just wanted to say it was a great fun few years when I did play some 150 games or something, and yall are great people. I will miss the idea of this place always being here if I randomly decide I have time for a week of shitposting.

good luck old friends.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I've fallen out of doing mafia in favor of Twitch streaming, but I want to say that this part of the forum was probably the closest to my heart. I put a lot of effort into making some fun games (and less effort into playing them). I should've known when my Awful Survivor video vote for copyright claimed the other day things were gonna get weird.

For real, I love you guys and if SA is done, I'm glad to have known you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

derp posted:

Hi I don't really play mafia anymore except TOS sometimes but just wanted to say it was a great fun few years when I did play some 150 games or something, and yall are great people. I will miss the idea of this place always being here if I randomly decide I have time for a week of shitposting.

good luck old friends.

miss you derp!! hope you're doing well (i'm bottleknight)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No, I am Bottleknight

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

George Kansas posted:

miss you derp!! hope you're doing well (i'm bottleknight)

hosed up thing to say, Tremendous Taste.

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Epsilon Plus posted:

not to speak for alli but I'm sure if we do a mass emigration that some info will be posted on votefinder to catch any stragglers

i hadn't thought about this but yeah definitely this

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We could all go different places and get together once a year for thingy man's championship

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

derp posted:

good luck old friends.

I miss you

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

derp posted:

good luck old friends.

Same all the way through. I'll be on the discord, at least in some capacity and I really value the time I've spent here

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Hey, I played a few games and did awfully but I joined the Discord after watching SA Survivor :cheers:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

we doin' this

The Night Witches just needs one more player!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Hello I am going to post my 9 player game soon, hopefully this weekend or early next week. It will be quite basic so I can learn how to mod and do discord but I'll try to put some flavour in it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’ve been told I’m only a 7, can I still play?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sealab Mafia needs 6 more people! Please sign up!

Sharko is not an available character!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I made a simple game. If you're looking for a chill basic setup game come play!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3931431

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

The Night Witches just needs one more player!

I need a replacement for this game, it is still day one.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Somberbrero posted:

I need a replacement for this game, it is still day one.

I'll be your hucklebery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amnistar posted:

I'll be your hucklebery.

This is identity theft