Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
OK, I think I got authenticated? So why does it say I cannot post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

BattyKiara posted:

OK, I think I got authenticated? So why does it say I cannot post?

If you go to the Info section on the top and click into #welcome-and-rules you'll need to click on an icon in there to get automatic permission to post in the threads.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

If you join, you should only have one channel, the auth-waiting room. If you're there, you need to type "!authme", no quotes, and follow the bot's instructions. It'll send you a PM through discord, so make sure you have PMs open. Be patient with the bot, there's a lot of people joining the goon discords right now, and it's probably getting overrun.

If you see more channels, you already have permission. Go read the rules and get posting.

If you can't post in a channel, you might be looking at #welcome-and-rules, that's just for announcement type stuff. You also won't be able to post in the no-chat-zone until you agree to some specific rules for those channels, which you can find in #welcome-and-rules.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Note that I had to try a couple times with the exact same command to get the instructions to come through directly, so don't give up if it doesn't work immediately.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
how come the credits didn't roll when I finished the game

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1276138073118523392

Pascal!

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
okay but where's the animal crossing moba

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I recall this being something a dataminer found hints for. Hope some of that other stuff they datamined ends up playing out as well. (Something about growing vegetables)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
YES!

Now all they need to add in is the Roost and Gyroids, and this game will be perfect.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Eeeeee! DIVING!

I can make a dive shop! My surf and SCUBA shop project has been stalled all month because of the sad lack of outdoor water sports stuff. Now I can get back on that!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I've got turnips at 555. Code in the other thread.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The wave 2 is probably going to make us weebs happy, it’s probably going to be Japanese festival stuff.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Oxyclean posted:

I recall this being something a dataminer found hints for. Hope some of that other stuff they datamined ends up playing out as well. (Something about growing vegetables)

There's a coffee Cafe thing data mined too wasn't there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hope wave 2 includes Brewster, something appropriate for the Southern Hemisphere players.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

There's a coffee Cafe thing data mined too wasn't there.

Yeah, I recall something about that. Maybe that will come with the fall update? Coffee and the fall feel sort of fitting? I'm curious if summer part 2 will have another major feature or if it will just be events for the next month or few.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Sorry for diving through nude, had very little time

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
I don't have PMs on the forums so I can't do the Discord authentication stuff? I would very much like to come and join you there before the forums get fridged.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Anyone using B&R in addition to the discord for when the forums get nuked?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Circle Nine posted:

Currently waiting on account confirmation, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I'm not broke to buy the $10 authentication.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

SomeKindofVerb posted:

I don't have PMs on the forums so I can't do the Discord authentication stuff? I would very much like to come and join you there before the forums get fridged.

It does not require PMs here to do the authentication part (source: I don't have PMs on the forums). They're referring to private messages in Discord.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SomeKindofVerb posted:

The auth bot doesn't need PMs on the forums. You'll have to add stuff to your profile, but you can access that without having Plat. The message it sends you is a DM on Discord.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

Currently waiting on account confirmation, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I'm not broke to buy the $10 authentication.

Pretty sure the :10bux: is being waived currently although I guess they're getting swamped with requests

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Chronojam posted:

Pretty sure the :10bux: is being waived currently although I guess they're getting swamped with requests

I only set up the username and password thing about an hour ago and it's still on a screen telling me I need to purchase an account upgrade to complete registration. No confirmations emails have come my way either, so unless they just waived it and are planning to do so for retroactive applications I'm still stuck with the $10 purchase thing. I'm in no rush to jump into the ice cold waters off this Titanic anyway so I can sit it out until tomorrow.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

I only set up the username and password thing about an hour ago and it's still on a screen telling me I need to purchase an account upgrade to complete registration. No confirmations emails have come my way either, so unless they just waived it and are planning to do so for retroactive applications I'm still stuck with the $10 purchase thing. I'm in no rush to jump into the ice cold waters off this Titanic anyway so I can sit it out until tomorrow.

I signed up and didn't pay. I just waited and eventually I got access. They're manually completing it I figure.

Circle Nine posted:

I'm in both and waiting basically.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Circle Nine posted:

the goon diaspora

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there an invite code for us goons for B&R? Just checking before I drop $10.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

RCarr posted:

Is there an invite code for us goons for B&R? Just checking before I drop $10.
The fee is waived ATM.

See the post in the Games - Chat thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=505966061#post505966061

---

My first Big Spike! Turnips selling for 505. Dodo code: closed for now but I'm gonna reopen later tonight

It's also raining currently and Sahara is here (trapped by the beach south of Nooks). There's some free DIY by the entrance.

Leave a message on my board! If you want to tip, NMT or Bells is fine but don't feel obligated. I have clone beds right of Nooks that could use watering if you wanna help. If you're feeling especially helpful, I have an in-progress Blue Rose project on the top-right tip of my island (needs a ladder though sorry).

I'll be AFK playing games on my computer but I'll be checking in on my Switch. I'll also open later tonight if you miss out and want to sell or visit.

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 25, 2020

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Hey, so I know some of you guys and you’re all awesome, but I can’t stay on this shithole site anymore. I made an account at breadandroses.net (Bella Bun) but I don’t know if I’m going to use that. I do have Discord and I’m on the goon server for AC, you can find me and friend me there under BellaBun#5253, and on Switch under SW-6848-0781-4103.

Nice playing with ya.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Diving fits summer, spot on. August looks like open season for anything, and maybe the veggies thing will come in time for Thanksgiving in November or early-ish harvest season in September? Just gotta give room for Halloween because there's a 0% chance it's NOT Halloween themed for October. Or maybe growing pumpkins and veggies will be a Halloween combo, who knows.

Licarn posted:

okay but where's the animal crossing moba

Redd is coming top lane, meet and defend at NW lighthouse tower.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Redd is a roaming jungler who's always missing.

VapeApologist
Sep 25, 2016

Xtanstic posted:

The fee is waived ATM.

See the post in the Games - Chat thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=505966061#post505966061

---

My first Big Spike! Turnips selling for 505. Dodo code: in the PGS thread

It's also raining currently and Sahara is here (trapped by the beach south of Nooks). There's some free DIY by the entrance.

Leave a message on my board! If you want to tip, NMT or Bells is fine but don't feel obligated. I have clone beds right of Nooks that could use watering if you wanna help. If you're feeling especially helpful, I have an in-progress Blue Rose project on the top-right tip of my island (needs a ladder though sorry).

I'll be AFK playing games on my computer but I'll be checking in on my Switch. I'll also open later tonight if you miss out and want to sell or visit.

Thanks for opening up your island. I like your flower gardens and signposting.

VapeApologist
Sep 25, 2016
I'm having a hard time getting a few shell diys. Of course they are the ones I actually wanted.

Does anyone have a spare diy for the shell fountain, shell partition, shell lamp, or shell stool?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

VapeApologist posted:

Thanks for opening up your island. I like your flower gardens and signposting.

Thank you! I've been slowly working on taming my crazy flowers the past week or so.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Turnip prices on my island are 521! Dodo code is CN93X. No admission but would appreciate rusted communicator parts if you have one!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My niece is turning 9 today and I thought I'd be the cool uncle and gather up some presents to take over today. Just found out she listed her island and birthday on Turnip Exchange last night and got over 300 gifts from randos. I can't compare to that!

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Thanks everyone! Sorry, Switch is out of juice now and I don't have a way to charge at the moment.

nikosoft fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 25, 2020

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Accidentally let my console sleep! New code is FF73J

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Celia is in boxes today, pm for a dodo code!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
If anyone needs the Palm Tree Lamp DIY recipe, Diana is teaching it.

I’ll check the thread for a bit and if I see any interest, I will open up. Will check discord too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

HaB posted:

If anyone needs the Palm Tree Lamp DIY recipe, Diana is teaching it.

I’ll check the thread for a bit and if I see any interest, I will open up. Will check discord too.

I'd like one!