Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Moo the cow posted:

That's it, plus the announcement.

Really, really weird vibes coming off this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

pentyne posted:

Good news! It turns out that Lowtax does have stairs in his house, and they're to blame for everything!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

gently caress this loving website, Goddamn gently caress piss.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

gently caress!!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

pentyne posted:

Really, really weird vibes coming off this

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

VanSandman posted:

The front page.

lol it's Phiz Kalifa

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

cumshitter posted:

Every morning I wake up and open palm slap my wife.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

:piss:

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

As I walk past the empty lot, I reflexively reach for my phone to shitpost. But the awful app continues to be unresponsive for the 4th day.

I sigh as I unsheath my spray paint and tag "im gay" on the brick wall.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
What kind of spineless rear end in a top hat beats his spouse?

oh, wait....

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm really going to miss the off color comments these forums provide.

Also I'm glad I got a few of my posts quotes in the funny quotes thread. My time here wasn't wasted.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Speaking of which

ikanreed posted:

Lowtax, stop. Your poison fists are making the women's shelter too crowded

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Goons really do shine brightest when the world is falling apart.

e: 27 people have autobanned already today

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Hopkins FBI posted:

I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullshit! I did not hit her. I did noooot.

Oh, hi Burt!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:lol:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TheFrankAttack posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WOMAN IN HER FACE. IT'S DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TIME AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALL OVER THAT WOMAN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKING WOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN MY DUMB WIFE OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY HAVE MARRIED CRAZY LYING WIFE AFTER CRAZY LYING WIFE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GAMING GARBAGE STREAM AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE ON THE FORUMS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY LEASED 2020 NISSAN GTR LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING THEM EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

quote:

A while ago, some goon wrote a thread scraper for SA.

I forked the code and fixed the error messages, then did it again when chrome started hating on http connections or something. It's now the single thing I have available on github, because it would be rude not to let the orginal author know that somebody still loves his dead gay code:

https://github.com/Fumblemouse/SA-Archiving-Tool

To use:

Hit the big green Clone button and download it as a zip file.

Extract the zip file somewhere on your local hard drive.

In Chrome, go Settings -> More Tools -> Extensions and flick the Developer Mode switch on the top right.

There should now be an option to Load Unpacked on the left. Ignoring the untold comedy potential for that phrase, click the option and find the folder you extracted the zip to - by default, SA-Archiving-Tool-master. Select that folder and click the Open button.

All going well you should now have a hard-to-see SA icon on the chrome extension bar. If you visit a SA thread with a thread ID, eg https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903748 the icon should now be clickable with a single option...Archive.

Click that link, and your local PC will think for a while, depending on your local tubespeed, then display a single page with the entire thread on it. CTRL+S or Rightclick Save As and save it whereever you want. WebPage, Complete will save images also.

Because nothing in life is easy, the saved page's HTML CSS tags refers to something set up by the chrome extension, so it will look a bit crappy in another browser or if you remove the extension. This can be fixed by changing the CSS reference in the Saved As HTML file to the files in the /archive folder from the extracted zipfile - or you could copy the /archive css files into the HTML file's folder and just have the tags as direct links to files (no folder references)

Go crazy!

Here's a tool and instructions for archiving threads, courtesy of a goon named Fumblemouse, not sure if there's a page limit on it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Holy gently caress

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

sebmojo posted:

Here's a tool and instructions for archiving threads, courtesy of a goon named Fumblemouse, not sure if there's a page limit on it.

I recommend posting in the thread you’re archiving and sharing a .zip so that we’re not all hitting the server at the same time.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Well since the forums are probably dying I just want to say I’ve really enjoyed this place and all the other posters on this website even the ones I got into arguments with. This place was a huge part of my life for so long and I’m really going to miss it and the people. This next part has some personal info so I’m gonna spoil it since apparently off sites are combing the website looking for personal details

if you haven’t by now, I really urge you to play RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS. It’s the hot new game everyone is playing. The fantastic graphics, the orchestral music, the unparalleled gameplay, it’s unlike anything you’ve ever played. And there’s a free trial! You have literally nothing to lose. If you do nothing else before this website departs, you owe it to yourself and me to play the game of the year, RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Platystemon posted:

I recommend posting in the thread you’re archiving and sharing a .zip so that we’re not all hitting the server at the same time.

That would actually be a really good thread if someone wants to start one, a big list of archived threads for download (or we could do it here)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

sebmojo posted:

That would actually be a really good thread if someone wants to start one, a big list of archived threads for download (or we could do it here)

Yeah O.K. I’m making an OP.

What’s the current least bad file host?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Well since the forums are probably dying I just want to say I’ve really enjoyed this place and all the other posters on this website even the ones I got into arguments with. This place was a huge part of my life for so long and I’m really going to miss it and the people. This next part has some personal info so I’m gonna spoil it since apparently off sites are combing the website looking for personal details

if you haven’t by now, I really urge you to play RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS. It’s the hot new game everyone is playing. The fantastic graphics, the orchestral music, the unparalleled gameplay, it’s unlike anything you’ve ever played. And there’s a free trial! You have literally nothing to lose. If you do nothing else before this website departs, you owe it to yourself and me to play the game of the year, RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS

More like oldselloutmore

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
In the end, Lowtax could not trust his fists.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kitfox88 posted:

More like oldselloutmore

Every oldpainless joke now might be the last, the final, the ultimate, the one that follows him to his grave, and this weak sauce is what you are bringing? Adpainless, Oldplugless, OldRAIDless were all right there.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

SiKboy posted:

Every oldpainless joke now might be the last, the final, the ultimate, the one that follows him to his grave, and this weak sauce is what you are bringing? Adpainless, Oldplugless, OldRAIDless were all right there.

A post fitting my legacy

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

SiKboy posted:

More like Oldfameless.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Platystemon posted:

In the end, Lowtax could not trust his fists.

the fists cannot fail, they can only be failed. it is lowtax who proved untrustworthy to wield the fists.

wild drama llama
Jun 18, 2020
oldsiteless

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

If there was any justice this would have been the last post on this site before the lights went out.

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

holy poo poo

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Aww that’s incredible. BloodyHedgehog is a treasure. Shouldn’t it be II or III by now though?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

sebmojo posted:

Platystemon posted:

Yeah O.K. I’m making an OP.

What’s the current least bad file host?

Here it is.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

oldpainless posted:

lol

oldpainless is a good poster and it's kind of a shame that the last x years people have just been replying with puns on his username.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

lol

oldpainless is a good poster and it's kind of a shame that the last x years people have just been replying with puns on his username.

More like lameish

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

nooooooooooo

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

poo poo, so the forums might actually die this time. Welp. maybe I'll get the last ever post, the post so bad it euthanizes this dead gay site

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Forums killed by: A Moose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Not a quote per se but please read the "Marge Quest (2?!)" thread in BYOB before it is potentially lost forever. I'd embed a link if I weren't on my phone, but it's easy to find.