Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

ROFLburger posted:

people have been saying this is incident #3. i read the police reports about #2, but what was numero uno?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

LLJKSiLk posted:

This is the same forum that shopped a turban onto Lando and had him blow up the World Trade Center by running the Millenium Falcon into it. We're past the point of good taste.

yea thats not great but this is tbh worse

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also never forget that when we asked lowtax to remove pedo incest simpsons flags by a permabanned user from the flag database he was like "haha lol no fuckin snowflakes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lQLa_qHurg

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

vandalism posted:

This whole debacle is a farce and is emblematic why the twitterista cancel culture is a joke. It only serves as self effacing, decadent ego masturbation. There is no justice; no semblance of justice--it's an ouroboros of poo poo eating itself for eternity.

turn on your monitor lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cymoril posted:

Where is lowtax

He's spineless

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ZZZorcerer posted:

Is that streetfighter gif using the face of his ex photoshopped? ... maybe don't do that ?

Totally normal thing to photoshop bruises on the head of an abuse victim to put into a gif of her getting knocked out by her abuser. What? You've never done it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

vandalism posted:

Faced with an intelligent and legitimate point of view, the ignorant masses lash out. It's good to see some actual arguments instead of "gently caress off" or "look at the incel".

Oh wait, you have none. You have your echo chamber to think for you

Name calling is the last bastion of the defeated with no point to make nor the wit to make it with.

Source your quotes.

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
ive read a bunch of posts nan d my opinion si, "hubbity hubbity hoo"

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

vandalism posted:

Faced with an intelligent and legitimate point of view, the ignorant masses lash out. It's good to see some actual arguments instead of "gently caress off" or "look at the incel".

Name calling is the last bastion of the defeated with no point to make nor the wit to make it with.

lol you walnut

Robot Jelly
Jul 15, 2007

Bleep Blorp
That FB video is beyond terrifying, as is LK's update ("For reasons of safety there are things I haven't posted here but basically, contacting Logan has been made more difficult than simply sending her a text"). I'm truly worried for her wellbeing

Thus,

Jon Joe posted:

Things that you can do right now to help:

1. Donate to RAINN: https://donate.rainn.org/donate
2. Talk to people in your communities about what's happening, and encourage them to donate to RAINN as well. Threads, discords, whatever!
3. Don't be a wrecker who vaults the destruction of their posting enemies or mods above tangible gains, such as donations to RAINN or the discontinuation of Lowtax's funding/ownership.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Been here a little while, like it, it always reminded me of the old local BBS community. Hope it doesn't disappear. Would miss you weirdos.

Welp that's my story, someone PM me if there's a drive to buy the place and I'll be in

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

420 20 posted:

Lol the grift begins and all the goons try to promote their own competing communities to try and make a buck

Times is rough, my friend. We use any cash to help people out or shower lurkers with gifts to encourage them to interact more. Sorry you hate fun and community. Perhaps you could hang out with us and chill out?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

vandalism posted:

Faced with an intelligent and legitimate point of view, the ignorant masses lash out. It's good to see some actual arguments instead of "gently caress off" or "look at the incel". Name calling is the last bastion of the defeated with no point to make nor the wit to make it with.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Burt can't still be a mod, can he? Is Burt still a mod? Why is Burt still a mod?

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

vandalism posted:

This whole debacle is a farce and is emblematic why the twitterista cancel culture is a joke. It only serves as self effacing, decadent ego masturbation. There is no justice; no semblance of justice--it's an ouroboros of poo poo eating itself for eternity.

Lmfao imagine wanting so badly to suck the dick of lowtax

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

hjaha ok shovel guy you win this one. theres too much going on for me to care anymore.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Is there anyone here familiar enough with the background of the story (and probably willing to explain some of what SA is), that is willing to go on record with a reporter?

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
i think that if i made a bunch of posts about how people were incels, or an ourobosrous of poo poo or whatever, that would be really good and make the forums a more pleasant place to be

OIFY
Jun 1, 2020

im crying. we are gonna be poor. oh fuck oh fuck

Chill Penguin posted:

why, because he's also an abuser?

aye

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

also never forget that when we asked lowtax to remove pedo incest simpsons flags by a permabanned user from the flag database he was like "haha lol no fuckin snowflakes"

youre a fukken treasure arf

parara
Apr 9, 2010

vandalism posted:

source your quotes

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I dont care what lowtax did or didn't do. Keep calling me names because it's all you have.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

ArfJason posted:

fuckin lol

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

vandalism posted:

You know you're pretty convincing here, and I've written up some more thoughts but I'm concerned the tyrant moderators will delete them to slander my good name, so I have put them in this off-site image: https://i.imgur.com/mwKmhjj.jpg ( :nws: for uncensored philosophy)

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

yikes

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

vandalism posted:

Lol gently caress off incel

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

GD_American posted:

Is there anyone here familiar enough with the background of the story (and probably willing to explain some of what SA is), that is willing to go on record with a reporter?

I am willing to explain that Richard Kyanka is a Nazi, if that's what you're looking for

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

legit good idea

reverse sortition

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Gone Fashing posted:

shut up dude

Gone Fashing Delenda Est

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Just me, casually going to sleep after my wife flees the house with my children.

for you, the day i beat the poo poo out of you and forced you to flee the house was the most important day of our marriage, but for me it was tuesday

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

vandalism posted:

yes, clearly everyone around you is calling you a stupid rear end in a top hat because they can't handle your intellectual prowess

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is there anything we can directly do for lowtax's former partners? as a community we have treated them really shittily over the years

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ArfJason posted:

i got probated and or banned (its been years) for these

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tell him to prove he doesn’t have a GTR

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

ArfJason posted:

Oh my god

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

Goons if I could ask you to read an effort post I'd like to suggest what I feel is one of the best things we could do in this situation.

First off I would like to humbly request that we hold off on the discussion where to assign blame for this communities enabling of Lowtax's abuse for the moment- it's an important discussion to have, but I don't feel this exact moment is the best time to have it because there are more pressing issues to address that should come first. The one thing comment I have on the matter is: irrespective of individual levels of guilt that can be rationally (or irrationally) assigned to various members of this community; the fact of the matter is that the community (as a whole) bears a very significant level of responsibility for enabling Lowtax's abuse. We cannot wash this stain or undo what has been done, but what we can do is (as a community) focus first and foremost on helping Logan get into a better and safer space.

I think when you view Logan's video and her recent actions it's important to keep in mind what exactly the context is and how astonishingly difficult it is for an individual in her situation to psychologically overcome the conditioning they have experienced and recognize that they are an abuse victim. At this point in her life Logan's entire self-identity, professional career, and source of revenue, are all tied up in Lowtax via this website. This is a very common situation for abuse victims to be placed in by their abusers and one of the reasons why it is often so hard for abuse victims to recognize the situation and extract themselves from it- so let's do what we can to make that (impossibly difficult) internal journey easier for Logan.

Logan, sweetie, if you happen to read this I want you to know that you are a worthy human being who deserves love and compassion. Yes, even being an alcoholic bipolar mess in a terrible situation- you are still worthy of love and compassion. Your safety, and your future happiness, are more important than this community. So your level of responsibility for the current situation doesn't matter, what matters is getting you out of this situation and into a safe one where you have the time and resources you need to focus on your recovery.

To that end goons I would like to propose that we open a GoFundMe of some sort to support Logan, get her away from Lowtax and help her afford the help she is going to need to restart/rebuild her life after this. I would also like to suggest that we open a simular GoFundMe for Lowtax's other victims, and in particular his children, who are definitely going to need support in the coming months/years.

In my view these are the least we can do to acknowledge that no matter which individuals Among Us shoulder the blame, we as a community have a clear-cut responsibility to do whatever we can to help Lowtax's victims recover from the abuse that our community has enabled.

I honestly don't believe that anyone on these forums in any way enabled Lowtax to abuse Logan. Abusers abuse people due to problems they have in themselves, not because of money they make from their jobs. Assigning guilt to forums users does no one no good -- Lowtax could lose the forums and the website and end up slinging burgers at Wendy's and still be a domestic abuser, would that be your fault?. The people who watched Weinstein's movies are not guilty of enabling his abuse because they bought a movie ticket. If we had all the information in February and we all defunded the forums back then, he would most likely have still abused his next partner. It's a pattern of his behavior, not a result of our behavior.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

vandalism posted:

I dont care what lowtax did or didn't do. Keep calling me names because it's all you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj6R4E466xk

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the 9/11 star wars thread was funny and 9/11 will always be funny

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

ArfJason posted:

i got probated and or banned (its been years) for these

No dick. Rated 1