Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ron Darling posted:

At its height I bet this could have sold for mid-8 figures easily

now I think the worth is in the nostalgia and the domain name - I'd say maybe six, seven if you can dupe the buyer

i guess this site thinks it's worth $2.2 million, which seems super high https://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/somethingawful.com/

Those websites are based on potential worth if everything was working correctly and leveraged etc etc. They'll say random d-list celebritys like the McElroy brothers are worth 3 million because its based on output thats completely unrealistic in the real world.

That being said this has eBaumsWorld and fark being worth 10 times as much and 14 times as much respectively so maybe its not all hooey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Nuts and Gum posted:

Like a bunch of loving 12 year olds posting naughty pics teehee.

So what the gently caress now? this is the only place I'm comfortable on, and I don't think the forums on whatisthematrix.com are still around.

donate to RAINN, poo poo post till we're banned, and make sure Tax don't get no money. Maybe he'll cede control but probably not, so we're just fiddling and incurring extra server costs until whatever happens, happens.

RAINN thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929249

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

here comes cask posted:

here are the balls

These forums have done some good work

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Horizon Burning posted:

Due to QCS drama, ZDR deleted all of his posts from the forums database which broke a ton of threads. The admins claimed it was unrelated, but this was clearly a lie. Months later, ZDR returned to the forums and asked Goons to support him financially as he was between jobs and couldn't support himself or his sick wife. In return, he promised to do a lot of coding work on the forums. He got thousands of dollars from SA Goons, then vanished into the ether, never to return. If you pointed out this was a scam, you were branded a chud.

Seriously. What the gently caress.

The $300 jeans guy.
ZDR.
And Lowtax with the million dollar house.

What's with these successful scam GoFundMe?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tungsten posted:

here's a freshly hosted copy for everyone

:eyepop:

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

karma_coma posted:

lol remember like once a decade lowtax would mess with the css for like months like it was some huge deal and then not do anything

This place has been basically the same as long as I can remember. When was the last time something code wise changed I wonder? Maybe some backend stuff has happened but idk about anything really
Jeff's been making big changes the past six months. The last big redesign was like, a decade ago... GBS 1.0, easy

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Daikloktos posted:

Calmbro...

rip to a real one

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

karma_coma posted:

lol remember like once a decade lowtax would mess with the css for like months like it was some huge deal and then not do anything

This place has been basically the same as long as I can remember. When was the last time something code wise changed I wonder? Maybe some backend stuff has happened but idk about anything really

There's a changelog but not much happened up until recently

https://forums.somethingawful.com/CHANGES

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Alien Sex Manual posted:

Goodnight, Sweet Prince.

i had a hearty chuckle at this one

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

AHH F/UGH posted:

I love how people are posting so much bannable poo poo and none of the mods or admins are even stopping it

Why would they?
gently caress Lowtax

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Stalin-Chan posted:

gently caress off incel

Kitfox88 posted:

Naw just stop posting, shame pig

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I'm not even tossing incel out willy-nilly, vandalism:

-plays magic the gathering but whines about SJW elves or whatever the gently caress
-plays world of warcraft but doesn't actually socialize with anyone
-thinks women could have just left when louis ck pulled his dick out, and that the fact they stayed makes them fame-thirsty whores
-came into this thread to repeat, and defend, his assertion that lowtax did nothing wrong

again, it's textbook incel.

CesspoolofHatred posted:

shut up you methane-huffing faux-intellectual dork

I know you guys can’t help yourselves, but how do all these goons always go for the most soft penis’d insults, it’s so terminally goony

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

i love this

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

The $300 jeans guy.
ZDR.

goons are unbelievably gullible, it is our defining characteristic and is inherently selected for because in order to become a goon you have to believe someone who tells you that paying 10 dollars to post on an internet forum is a good idea

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Gonna miss your art, Spin. You made good threads.

Ready for a secret???
It's eyeshadow

ALL OF IT
ALWAYS WAS
Afaik no one else is doing it anywhere
:haw:

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

superloosegoose posted:

I know you guys can’t help yourselves, but how do all these goons always go for the most soft penis’d insults, it’s so terminally goony

what do you think this is, r/roastme?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Omnicarus posted:

If it's 25K the daytrading thread could buy it and it wouldn't even be the biggest loss that day.

i cant believe a thread like this exists. lol this place rules

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I am never going to catch up to this thread; did lowtax show his coward face yet?

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

no

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

BUG JUG posted:

Is that original beecock? I feel like there was another.

There was a spidercock for a while, which IIRC was a poster who did it for some hosed up forums challenge. He put a piece of wadded up toilet paper in his urethra so none of the abrasive/stinging hairs could make it into his dick, as a precaution. Lowtax was directly involved.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
I volunteer to take over the forums and hosting for free, until I can figure out how to legally take donations.

I could do a pixel perfect rewrite of this bitch in my sleep, but I'm lazy and for years figured whats the point, no one will use it.

I guess the more things change the more they stay the same, huh?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

here comes cask posted:

here are the balls

King.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
hey spinster I don't post in gbs much these days but Cocktale Waitress was one of my favorite threads in the last few years

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

angerbeet posted:

There was a spidercock for a while, which IIRC was a poster who did it for some hosed up forums challenge. He put a piece of wadded up toilet paper in his urethra so none of the abrasive/stinging hairs could make it into his dick, as a precaution. Lowtax was directly involved.

wasnt it a tarantula and it looked like the one from home alone

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

The $300 jeans guy.
ZDR.

charity steamrig

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
dear lord, getting scraped with long fingernail yikes

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

superloosegoose posted:

its literally a reference to his post, you'd know that if you actually read all 300 pages of this thread before butting in and making yourself look dumb

"Faced with an intelligent and legitimate point of view, the ignorant masses lash out. It's good to see some actual arguments instead of "gently caress off" or "look at the incel""

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cock hero flux posted:

goons are unbelievably gullible, it is our defining characteristic and is inherently selected for because in order to become a goon you have to believe someone who tells you that paying 10 dollars to post on an internet forum is a good idea

I trust everyone remembers Doobie and the dogs.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Give me $5

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

The $300 jeans guy.
ZDR.

i don't know why but this list reminded me of doobies doghouse

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Excelsior posted:

is this dinkmagic lol

Yes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i just wanna say the taco bell thread really went in the shitter once the fast food forum happened it was better in gbs

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Wasn't spidercock an old ban image?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Novo posted:

I volunteer to take over the forums and hosting for free, until I can figure out how to legally take donations.

I could do a pixel perfect rewrite of this bitch in my sleep, but I'm lazy and for years figured whats the point, no one will use it.

Do it

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Bring back Helldump (but not Boniface, if we're talking about heinous posters because he sexually harassed a bunch of women)

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I have offered 150k but got no response. So I assume it’s to low of a number. I’d be willing to go higher if there was an open negotiation.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
folks, this site just doesn't hire the best people

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Novo posted:

Can you do a pixel perfect rewrite of the balls in pictures?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

hey spinster I don't post in gbs much these days but Cocktale Waitress was one of my favorite threads in the last few years

Thank you so much I can't BELIEVE how nice GBS was about it; it was frankly bizarre

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Eason the Fifth posted:

folks, this site just doesn't hire the best people

my dude it doesn't hire anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

punk rebel ecks posted:

The $300 jeans guy.
ZDR.

The trick to a successful funding campaign is to brutally gut the competition. People only have so much money to give away and it needs to go to you. Woman fleeing domestic violence and hiding in a shelter needs money for a lawyer and accommodation? Destroy her and claim those funds for yourself!