Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

you tried to follow an act like Wayne Gretzky's what did you expect would happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

and on the absolute polar opposite from wayne gretzky's balls:

this is unmitigated purely refined fail aids.

its funey bevause its a picture i recognize and if i post it everybody will love me

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Agreed.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

brokenknee posted:

you tried to follow an act like Wayne Gretzky's what did you expect would happen

true

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

H2Eau posted:

Yes it is

Nobody knows who the gently caress you are why would you be the person to "buy the forums"
Good thing I didn’t want to do it all by myself, and I wasn’t the one who said, “I’ll buy the forums.“ So, no. It isn’t. Contracts and paperwork exist. You don’t have to know who I am to ask for more information, or express interest.

Horizon Burning posted:

Let this forum die. Consider that no Goon offsite survives without turning into a den of terrible, terrible drama. We all want SA to be the awesome site it was, but that ship sailed years ago. The past twelve months should make it abundantly clear what this site is. It is dead. It is a dead site. There is nothing of value here anymore.

You might be right, but I am willing to explore the options before I give up. If it’s over, it’s over. We’ll all move on. However, I really can’t think of another equally inclusive, interesting, and useful online place as this one. With warts and all, it’s among the best the Internet has to offer.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

You know what this means. Star Citizen has possibly outlived SA.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

cum posted:

its funey bevause its a picture i recognize and if i post it everybody will love me

lol cum

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

ArfJason posted:

this is unmitigated purely refined fail aids.

the word choice has you throwing stones in a glass house, bud

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Also unless someone wised up and changed it, current mods have access to the mod forum archives, which go back to about 2005. There's some pretty enlightening reading in there, mods. The same was true of the admin forum, though it was basically unused and you couldn't lure Lowtax in there with all the expensive cakes and cookies you could order from goldbelly.com.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Majorian posted:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Chris Benoit, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Chris Benoit. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Chris Benoit is a murderer. He killed his wife and child. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Chris Benoit. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always muffin out Chris Benoit as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could muffin to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a wrestler had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a professional wrestler was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Chris Benoit in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a WWE champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers in history. By 40 years-old.

Chris Benoit was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like MVP, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the ring, and that that same man could strangle his wife and child only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Nancy, and not for their child.

Chris Benoit owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Chris Benoit is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Chris Benoit was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

i can't believe you've done this

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

plenty of have come near me, if you know what i mean

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I literally offered to put in exactly that amount toward purchasing this site and/or setting up infrastructure for another. This place is worth way more than that, even in its current condition, but at least I set a starting place. I offered that three times, and not one person showed interest. Meanwhile, 400 people empty quoted Jeffrey saying, “I’ll buy the site.“

As usual, goons are interested in performative measures over real ones, because real measures take real time and real resources. So, gently caress it. The place can sink or swim on its own.

I hope this rear end in a top hat moron buys the site.

Bradley Headstone
Jul 4, 2008

Tungsten posted:

here's a freshly hosted copy for everyone

This suuuuucks but at least I am posting Goatse on Something Awful, for once in my God Damned life.

I've loved lurking here for most of my adult life and I'm gutted, but I'm not giving Lowtax another dime, and we can't survive here unless he goes.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

I hate yankees posted:

You morons would have known about this poo poo last year if you paid any attention to fyad because they were openly mocking lowtax for being abusive as well as using sloane as leverage to trap ashli from leaving him since he refused to get ashli’s immigration paper work sorted out

But you stupid fucks lack the ability to differentiate between a sex pest and an actual trans person, so when fyad called out a literal sexual fetishist / jonathan yaniv impersonator who got an erection in a woman’s bathroom you fell for the communist propaganda from cspam that fyad were “nazis” and “white supremacists” and banned fyad for being “problematic”

This allowed mods like Burt sexual to then continuously sweep the truth under the rug because it came from the “nazi” website kf while the rest of you clapped your hands like good seals and chanted, “we’re good allies!”

All of you get what you loving deserve and I hope this site is never whole again because it’s just as degenerate as resetera

i have no idea what you're talking about but it sounds loving stupid and im glad fyad is gone now

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

please try coming up with original funny content on your own

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

fuckin' same

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Good thing I didn’t want to do it all by myself, and I wasn’t the one who said, “I’ll buy the forums.“ So, no. It isn’t. Contracts and paperwork exist. You don’t have to know who I am to ask for more information, or express interest.
Pretty sure none of us can sell you SA

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

angerbeet posted:

Also unless someone wised up and changed it, current mods have access to the mod forum archives, which go back to about 2005. There's some pretty enlightening reading in there, mods. The same was true of the admin forum, though it was basically unused and you couldn't lure Lowtax in there with all the expensive cakes and cookies you could order from goldbelly.com.

werent you some big dick? i feel like you were

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
This is all so sad. Those poor innocent children. Glad I didn't go hang with lowtax at that Queens beer garden a few years ago. Though it would've been cool to meet the dozens of goons that showed. I went to several goon meets in NYC, LI, and upstate. Always had a good time.

Had many laughs and a blast playing Age of Empires 2 with the people in the GBS thread ~2 years ago.

The people built this community. I hope the people keep it going.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Squiggle posted:

Yeah but I don't pay any attention to fyad, that's the thing

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

cum posted:

please try coming up with original funny content on your own

I'm sorry it's just your username is really funny, it makes me laugh every time I see it

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
lmao that mods still haven't leaked the ~SECRET FORUM~

you decorum poisoned fucks

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Would you rather poo poo on your balls or poo poo your balls?

https://streamable.com/zuni3o

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

jase1 posted:

I have offered 150k but got no response. So I assume it’s to low of a number. I’d be willing to go higher if there was an open negotiation.

What a cool rear end story that would be. I'd shut up and stay far away from all gambling forums !!!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Majorian posted:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Chris Benoit, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Chris Benoit. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Chris Benoit is a murderer. He killed his wife and child. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Chris Benoit. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always muffin out Chris Benoit as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could muffin to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a wrestler had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a professional wrestler was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Chris Benoit in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a WWE champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers in history. By 40 years-old.

Chris Benoit was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like MVP, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the ring, and that that same man could strangle his wife and child only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Nancy, and not for their child.

Chris Benoit owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Chris Benoit is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Beautiful post

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

For some reason I thought wayne gretsky and shine were the same poster till now

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

rip to wayne gretzky and duncan and the funny posters who fell along the way. i will see you all on the other side of the rainbow bridge

the rainbow is made up of all the colors of the hematomas suffered at the hands of an abusive rear end in a top hat

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

bird with big dick posted:

I hope this rear end in a top hat moron buys the site.
You could do worse. I genuinely care about the place.

Elysiume posted:

Pretty sure none of us can sell you SA
This is true, and not what I was saying.

not a lawyer
Jan 8, 2020
lowtax bad

not a lawyer fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 28, 2020

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Majorian posted:

-----

Only registered members can see post attachments!

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

stavros plz buy & salvage the forums tia

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Why do people always post this pic of a bull with poo poo on it's own balls instead of saying bullshit I never get it

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Valleyant posted:

lmao that mods still haven't leaked the ~SECRET FORUM~

you decorum poisoned fucks

I am going to assume it’s because it has tons of compromising info that could potentially hurt some posters. Many threads with personal info/doxx stuff have been moved there

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

goons, be sure to run adblocker while shitposting

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

doctorthefonz posted:

don't tell nick

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
BEAT MY WIFE
FORUM IS A gently caress
Kill Em All 2020
I am tax man
410,757,864,530 DEAD GOONS

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

doctorthefonz posted:

plz

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not defending the mods rhey all suck poo poo but they shouldn’t leak a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
very successful viral ad campaign for goldbelly imo.