Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

He's leasing it from his dealer who is also his dealer

but is the medical bills thing bullshit that's what i really want to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

pretty sure that after lowtax's "richard kyanka" personal account got banned from twitter he started posting under an account for SA that he also got banned
Yeah, the last time I looked I saw multiple unused or disappeared accounts so it seemed like something was up between SA and Twitter. I guess that's the same situation now?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

RaySmuckles posted:

is the forum really officially going to definitely die (tonight at midnight) or will abuse-ghazi end up going away?

Without patreon money something is going to give, eventually

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

is the forum really officially going to definitely die (tonight at midnight) or will abuse-ghazi end up going away?

It's already blowing over.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
cant wait for the forums mandate to pivot to saying the cool slurs and owning the libs in hopes of attracting gab posters who dont mind a little domestic abuse and will definitely donate to lowtax's patreon steadily instead of calling him a cuck to his face and getting the site shut down inside of four months for actionable terrorist plotting

Wendell
May 11, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

cant wait for the forums mandate to pivot to saying the cool slurs and owning the libs in hopes of attracting gab posters who dont mind a little domestic abuse and will definitely donate to lowtax's patreon steadily instead of calling him a cuck to his face and getting the site shut down inside of four months for actionable terrorist plotting

I believe that’s exactly what happened at NeoGAF, outside the shutdown

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

waiting for the bnr reg to go through...

can i just say that hostage video is some disturbing poo poo and maybe should have a content warning of some kind

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I think he has a hosed up back and medical bills, but was also spending money on luxury cars.

those bucket seats really support his crumbling spine

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

PawParole posted:

gently caress b&r, they’re radlib freaks.

lmao I’ll go down with the ship r/ther than use a website named after those dweebs

bread and roses is a song older than any living human you dumbo, Joan Baez played it as a standard. My english communist choir group is run by 60yos who sing it in cathedrals.

oh also Pride, which predates the BNR party by 3 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDdvbqbmM4o

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 25, 2020

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

BoldFace posted:

this isnt "blowing over" this is an abuse victim rationalizing their abuse i've done the same thing

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

financial load bearing slurs

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Yinlock posted:

when you think "wow i can't believe i'm getting away with this" that is your helpful hint that you are not in fact getting away with this

that,s me everytime i shitpost :ohdear:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

The patreon lost 60% of its income in under 24 hours, the mods and admins are committed to not enforcing poo poo until he leaves, and some posters have already bailed because they don't want to wait and they don't trust him (which, why would you at this point)

His only options at this point are leave or "surprise" shutter the thing. This isn't going away, and if he logged on and tried to post through it like last time, he'd get (deservedly) swarmed in ways he's not going to be able to press the ban button fast enough to overcome

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

shovelbum posted:

Chuds constantly write everything off as a business expense and poo poo and get away with it

*if you're not rich

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it turns out lf didn't call the fbi on lowtax enough

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

BoldFace posted:

isn’t it *super loving common* for victims of domestic abuse to blame themselves for their partners actions?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Honestly getting the forums away from Lowtax in one way or another has seemed like the right thing to do for years for me. But you know...owning the means of production and everything.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BoldFace posted:

Considering his patreon is still going down it's safe to say nobody is taking that at face value and recognize abuse victims when they see it.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I think someone found a court document where he owed well over $100k in back taxes

patreon money printer go brrrr
the good times ain't never gonna stop

he had a 100k lien on his house, but that was before the patreon

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

katatonic posted:

isn’t it *super loving common* for victims of domestic abuse to blame themselves for their partners actions?

yes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

katatonic posted:

also that was very very obviously written by lowtax himself

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

that would be the most appropriate outcome I guess. the forums don't die but they twist into a nightmare version of themselves.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lol watch the video that was posted after that if you think it's "blowing over."

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
"he accidentally pushed me" and "i fell down some stairs" huh

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this entire situation is just domestic abuse.txt really

ChristmasBaloogan
Dec 24, 2018
do you have stairs in your house

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yinlock posted:

also that was very very obviously written by lowtax himself

Yeah if you don't know how that conversation went to get her to that point on the video then I envy you for never having known a treacherous snake of an abusive human being before but I will spare the reenactment

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

personally if i had somehow lucked into having a bunch of strangers pay me a six figure salary to do absolutely nothing i would make sure not to do something that would make them reconsider giving me money for free

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yinlock posted:

this entire situation is just domestic abuse.txt really

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Ahhhhhhh I'm on vacation for the first time in a year and now I'm signing up for every bread and roses/discord I can instead of relaxing.

Lowtax, step down, then keep stepping down until we can't see you anymore.

ChristmasBaloogan
Dec 24, 2018

Shear Modulus posted:

personally if i had somehow lucked into having a bunch of strangers pay me a six figure salary to do absolutely nothing i would make sure not to do something that would make them reconsider giving me money for free

10k a month patreon, 3 posts in a year.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

getting the site shut down inside of four months for actionable terrorist plotting

the ghost of LF drags lowtax into the abyss

mystes
May 31, 2006

"I fell down the stairs" is about as plausible as "yes this black man totally decided to commit suicide by hanging himself from a tree and there was no foul play."

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

remember when GBS/the forums were actively growing in the tumblr-ish days and he sabotaged that because his elite posting clique-crew thought it was better to be able to post slurs

he is cyclically self-destructive

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

I like SA, I like goons. I like the community and I hope that the admins and mods pull a rabbit from their hats so that it doesn't fracture too badly.

Not gonna hold my breath on that one though.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

mystes posted:

"I fell down the stairs" is about as plausible as "yes this black man totally decided to commit suicide by hanging himself from a tree and there was no foul play."

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

this isnt "blowing over" this is an abuse victim rationalizing their abuse i've done the same thing

one partner accusing and then retracting could be legit false

three partners accusing, with the latest retracting: :thunk:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah if you don't know how that conversation went to get her to that point on the video then I envy you for never having known a treacherous snake of an abusive human being before but I will spare the reenactment

like if i didn't see it happening in front of me i'd think this was copy-pasted from a textbook example of a domestic abuse situation

lowtax has strong irredeemable-piece-of-poo poo fundamentals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristmasBaloogan
Dec 24, 2018