Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Doesn't the patreon pay for the servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

AstroWhale posted:

Doesn't the patreon pay for the servers?

i mean, im sure part of it does. and medical bills, and fancy cars and cookies

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

T-man posted:

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Oh yeah we were talking about this in the Splatoon thread.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

In much the same way we must sometimes attempt to separate the art from the artist, it’s important to look at the forums as a community and what it means to the people who are in that community, as opposed to looking at it all through the lens of Rick Kyanka.

Yeah I am inclined to agree with my esteemed colleague here. Love the forum, hate the sinner.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

yeah no i think lowtax actually hosed up for good this time

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Now is the time for bloard to rise

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

THS posted:

yeah no i think lowtax actually hosed up for good this time

I don't see anyone defending him, at any rate

I hope SA stays around, though it'd be nice if it was wrested from Lowtax somehow

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh yeah we were talking about this in the Splatoon thread.

jesus christ, Lowtax's crimes have blotted out the last rays of light in this miserable world

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It’s in every thread I have bookmarked

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

FlamingLiberal posted:

There was a legitimately coordinated effort by small handful of posters to post about it I. every single thread on Something Awful, which may actually end up being the X factor that causes it to stick this time because to my knowledge no one’s ever tried that before

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Most of you are on Twitter, and there's basically zero chance that jack hasn't hunted poor people for sport.

Hopefully we can wrest control of SA from what a poster in CineD called the digital landlord.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
seize the means of posting.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
We must kill the king dethrone his corpse and steal the archive from his vaults and move on to green and pleasant lands.

This is metaphor btw.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bust Rodd posted:

There was a legitimately coordinated effort by small handful of posters to post about it I. every single thread on Something Awful, which may actually end up being the X factor that causes it to stick this time because to my knowledge no one’s ever tried that before

:evilbuddy:

Get mad and just post.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
T-man you got a discord account? I didnt manage to get dickeye friended before she was permad and If this goes nuclear i want to be able to shitpost with you again in the after scape.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Where is the thread gone? Where the poster? Where the giver of gang tags?
Where are the mods of the sub? Where are the goonmeets?
How that time has passed away,
grown dark under cover of night, as if it had never been.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Halloween Jack posted:

Most of you are on Twitter, and there's basically zero chance that jack hasn't hunted poor people for sport.

Hopefully we can wrest control of SA from what a poster in CineD called the digital landlord.

I'm on board with this sentiment. :hfive:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

uber_stoat posted:

seize the means of posting.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don’t think the site is going anywhere anyway. Would be nice if he sold it to someone else, but my understanding is that this is his main income

Right. He’s not going to just pull the plug while he’s breaking even on the site and doing 0 work for it.

No ethical posting under capitalism.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I saw new posts in the cinema discuso kaiju movie thread but they were just discussing Godzilla movies.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Kingfish posted:

Right. He’s not going to just pull the plug while he’s breaking even on the site and doing 0 work for it.

No ethical posting under capitalism.

The patreon, which is probably the majority of his income is going DOWN DOwn down, a 1/3 of what it was last time I checked.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

T-man posted:

The patreon, which is probably the majority of his income is going DOWN DOwn down, a 1/3 of what it was last time I checked.

If there were a patreon just for the forums, or if it were a monthly membership I wouldn’t mind at all. Turn the forums into a co-op.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I’d have to think that if the forums went dark today, another site would pick up the refugees like digg —> reddit exodus.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Breadnroses.net seems to be the main refugee camp right now

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

T-man posted:

A year ago it was 12000 a month.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Gripweed posted:

A year ago it was 12000 a month.

Before the forums are reduced to ash I gotta know. Are you the old forums poster triple b?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

littleorv posted:

Before the forums are reduced to ash I gotta know. Are you the old forums poster triple b?

no

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I see

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

adebisi lives posted:

I saw new posts in the cinema discuso kaiju movie thread but they were just discussing Godzilla movies.

It was Gamera :colbert:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

10 years on SA, no bans but plenty of good probes, i think six or seven redtexts; first one of a black mage in minecraft, last one <-- over there. trans woman and entertainingly broke brained.

i think i'm gonna get on chapo, emailing virgil now.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

red19fire posted:

Turn the forums into a co-op.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
as bad as it is sometimes this thread and the one in cspam were two of the better places to discuss the show across the wider internet

now thats mostly thanks to process of elimination but still

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

AnEdgelord posted:

as bad as it is sometimes this thread and the one in cspam were two of the better places to discuss the show across the wider internet

now thats mostly thanks to process of elimination but still

incredibly low standards, this is by far the worst thread in my bookmarks

but i keep coming back

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

T-man posted:

incredibly low standards, this is by far the worst thread in my bookmarks

I did say it was by process of elimination

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i will miss hating the posters here

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

I’ve always hated you t-man, and I downloaded a chrome filter that turns all of your posts into randomly selected insults and nonsense words like trunp ( still better than the poo poo you posted)

tried placing you on block but other idiots kept quoting your bad posts. this was my only path of action

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

THS posted:

i will miss hating the posters here

Samsesies. But mostly you <3

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I miss when people would get on boring tangents about cancelling Amber for causing Matt's divorce as you could audibly hear Felix snorting coke in Fortnite etc. and then BENGHAZI 2 would just straight up post direct quotes from Cum Town bits and then something about Judge Dredd or Kamen Rider and the thread would chill out and be pretty cool for a while.

There were a ton of other unjustly banned CSPAMmers after New Year's, but BENGHAZI 2 had the best name imo, RIP

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

o7