Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

edit: helps to actually follow the process. Thanks!

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

uncurable mlady posted:

if lowtax doesn't give the forums/site over to someone then he probably loses the mod/admin staff and the writers and things just kinda fall apart. maybe he keeps the lights on with whoever remains, lord knows there's some people that will be happy to post here come hell or high water and if there's a bunch of sudden openings at the top then i imagine he wouldn't have problems filling the roll with sycophants.

realistically, i think it will be like neogaf all over again. that site had exactly the same problem, with its owner being a rapist and the community saying enough was enough and leaving, all of them. yet, neogaf managed to stay afloat with a few stragglers and over the last three years has accumulated a whole community of alt-righters and white supremacists. its owner no longer has money issues. if Jeffrey doesn't manage to secure SA, then it will go the same way as neogaf

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I don't really see why Lowtax wouldn't hand the site over as all it does is cost him money based on his posting?

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

abigserve posted:

I don't really see why Lowtax wouldn't hand the site over as all it does is cost him money based on his posting?

yeah why doesnt he pursue his other varied interest and achievements

pram
Jun 10, 2001

abigserve posted:

lol he was making like six figgies for the past couple months

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
his patreon just dipped below $3k so that's the end of that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its me

im the one constantly buying new avatars

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
well knock it off

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Saoshyant posted:

realistically, i think it will be like neogaf all over again. that site had exactly the same problem, with its owner being a rapist and the community saying enough was enough and leaving, all of them. yet, neogaf managed to stay afloat with a few stragglers and over the last three years has accumulated a whole community of alt-righters and white supremacists. its owner no longer has money issues. if Jeffrey doesn't manage to secure SA, then it will go the same way as neogaf

yeah, this seems pretty likely

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Beamed posted:

dont refer to domestic abuse that way

there’s a huge difference between what’s happening around lowtax and what happens in the vast majority of the cases of domestic abuse. you trying to draw parallels between the two is at least irresponsible and creates false expectations that could hurt the victims

FYI, most cases of domestic abuse do not involve a few thousand people on the internet watching someone’s patreon like a stock ticker

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Rufus Ping posted:

johnny unblock me on twitter wtf

fiiiine

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

do any of the new sites/discos have a secfuck thread?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
well loving well well what do we have have hare. It's the mother ufcking funy computer forum.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
hello mealworm jim

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
mfw 6/10 HB roastie destroys mizzou king/Based pill zaddy efortlessly in one move abslousetly effortlysess.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Amethyst posted:

his patreon just dipped below $3k so that's the end of that

ohhhhh snap that's ba messed up.

dreadman
Mar 18, 2007
epilepsy is great for washing up
Ive been lurking for my entire time here, but its always been a great read. gonna continue to lurk in the discords.
I know a few of the private game groups are jumping ship - time to follow the Diamond Frogs to whichever pond they land in :L

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
So just so we're clear, this is a thread for women to post about the sick tunes lowtax is dropping, right, or have I totally misread things?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

did we ever find out what happened to zen death robot

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

TerminalRaptor posted:

or have I totally misread things?

nah you got it

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Hamprince posted:

did we ever find out what happened to zen death robot

think they begged for some money and then flaked out

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Broken Machine posted:

think they begged for some money and then flaked out

tbf, wasn't that lowtax's telling of things?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

haha lol

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
rip the forums, he never scored

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

pram posted:

haha lol

It's like a reverse kick starter

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
Do nord vpn approve of doing business with this man ??? Same question re. mangosteen corporation

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

TerminalRaptor posted:

It's like a reverse kick starter

deleted the obvious domestic violence joke here

Wish I would delete my posts

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Rufus Ping posted:

Do nord vpn approve of doing business with this man ??? Same question re. mangosteen corporation

They're missing a golden opportunity for an ad campaign championing the ability to hide your domestic violence search history from the police

help im cat
Oct 30, 2012
i’ve lurked here since uh... 2012? 13?? a lifetime ago. my only regret is not posting more in here (and i guess in general); y’all always seemed cool.

i don’t know what way this is gonna land, but i hope there can still be a community that isn’t broken into nine or ten pieces by the time it does. either way, this place has been around through some real poo poo times in my life, so i just wanted to say thanks for everything.

stay safe yospos

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
In all seriousness, I'm hoping she gets the help she needs as what I read in the GBS thread is disturbing especially the recent stuff that comes across as textbook domestic violence victim hostage

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Acer Pilot posted:

do any of the new sites/discos have a secfuck thread?

the discord does

pram posted:

haha lol

sweet almost 420

Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.
can’t very well keep this whole thing going but it was a good ride. Not very surprised by the lowtax stuff but we shouldn’t kick ourselves for giving him some second and third chances. Obviously no excuses for his behavior here but it is not our doing and not our job to vet people who operate the sites we relax on

Followed SA since ‘99 in college and also med school and residency and then fellowship. only got an account in 2003 I guess. rarely posted. I’ll miss lurking yospos, it’s like the life I didn’t live and is so different from what I do only not different.

was not a computer toucher but in academic medicine and so spiritually a computer toucher. Stayed away from the doctor forum because it’s largely dumb and full of terribles. like a real hospital

Now I am a old man, and as one of that type I know when the last stop has been reached. Quick shout out to some of the clever posters I’ve seen over the years (pres beep, jony290, smoka, shaggar (refuse to believe your brain thinks some of these things but still much love)

peace, love to all, indeed. be good

signed

MD

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thankyou

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Moby_Dick posted:

Followed SA since ‘99 in college and also med school and residency and then fellowship.
signed

MD
they gave us all the clues

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Saoshyant posted:

I missed the neogaf stuff, do googled, holy poo poo that place

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

jre posted:

Come join the site created and admined by people too insufferable for SA. What a compelling offer

“we reject capitalism. please pay $10 to post on a forum with 1000 threads”

madeupfred posted:

mfw 6/10 HB roastie destroys mizzou king/Based pill zaddy efortlessly in one move abslousetly effortlysess.

what

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space
drat, i kind of feel dumb for not knowing anything about the first or second times (?) he did this. wtf lowtax

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

the discord does

sweet almost 420

maybe if it gets that lowtaxll do a reverse elon and take sa into a public trust

Basic Poster posted:

I missed the neogaf stuff, do googled, holy poo poo that place

yeah i was wondering why i hadnt seen it mentioned for a while

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

candy for breakfast posted:

drat, i kind of feel dumb for not knowing anything about the first or second times (?) he did this. wtf lowtax

yeah i still don’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

echinopsis posted:

yeah i still don’t

I mean most members are either lurkers, buried into a few megathreads, or just here for some casual shitposts. It takes a lot of drama to spread out and reach most of the forums.

Also, this dumb gay forum has been taking a run at imploding once every 6 months now. It's p disappointing that the place that both made me an idiot edgelord in middle school and then undid that damage later (as everyone grew up or expelled the nazis) couldn't have any kind of positive impact on the site owner, who is clearly a terminal idiot who hurts people.