Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Luitpold posted:

The guitar guy was James friend since childhood. It turned out Mike and James were screwing him over and siphoning more than their fair share of the income they were getting from Cinemassacre, and when he confronted them they told him to pack his poo poo. Aside from James AVGN persona, Kyle (guitar guy) was the most popular of the three on their webshow. Last I heard he started his own successful business and is living the American dream.

Did not know about this. Totally blows, but good to know. Thanks :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Even the person who posted it on kiwifarms edited their post,the gently caress is your problem?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SCROTEBUSTIN posted:

fair enough. I'll get back on topic.

why did FYAD, the only forum which openly refused to stop talking about the allegations of abuse against Lowtax, get deleted soon after that happened under nebulous allegations of "white supremacy"?

Why would FYAD let getting deleted stop them? If y'all actually cared you'd have kept talking about it regardless.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

cum calamity posted:

(goons also helped him track her down it was bad)

jesus i forgot about that part

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

gently caress making a new off-site with crap UI. Let's just do a hostile takeover of like the Neopets forums.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

less talk about fyad, more talk about lowtax rp'ing the prodigy's smack my bitch up

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pulchritudinous posted:

I'ma need to see this

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

SCROTEBUSTIN posted:

tipping justifies low wages. generous tips even more so

I disagree

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I thought windows 98 got banned to hell like 5 yrs ago

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

cum posted:

to the idiots advertising their stupid sites and discords: please stop. i am feeling second hand embarrassment for you

five minutes till the asteroid hits and you're insisting on :decorum: :sad:

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

cum calamity posted:

(goons also helped him track her down it was bad)

drat burt was really busy back then

G.A.P.O.
Jun 24, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grifter posted:

I turned off my monthly Patreon payment but more importantly there's still a surprisingly large number of people still giving money.

Divest.

I bet it doesn't look like a large number of people to Lowtax lmao

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Incomplete Fish posted:

anyone that things win 98 can actually reach ashli irl is a bigger idiot than he is

Whatever bros I'm out then. Enjoy circle jerking over my posting as if I am even relevant at all in his behavior. I am not who you should be focused on. You are letting your disgust for my bad posting guise where you should be directing your troll posts.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Incomplete Fish posted:

dont listen to windows 98 hes been riding lowtax's dick for years

hes only here to defend lowtax. the guy orbits lowtax in the form of being stream mods, etc. look at the idiots rapsheet

if a mod doesnt like my post they will delete or ban it. i refuse to take any directions from windows loving 98

i don't have mod powers here and i have had no contact with LadyAmbien

but based on what little I know from people who do satisfy those conditions, there's a reasonable chance that Win98 is right

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Incomplete Fish posted:

anyone that things win 98 can actually reach ashli irl is a bigger idiot than he is

Sorry fish I am a dickhead here

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Windows 98 posted:

Whatever bros I'm out then.

Ok. Stay gone this time.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

Windows 98 posted:

Whatever bros I'm out then. Enjoy circle jerking over my posting as if I am even relevant at all in his behavior. I am not who you should be focused on.

bye!!

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Yo edit this and the post with all the police reports into the OP

SCROTEBUSTIN
Sep 2, 2008

"the asslicker" of fyad

cda posted:

I disagree

we don't tip in my country because the minimum wage is 15 USD so I guess I can't say for sure

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Windows 98 posted:

Whatever bros I'm out then. Enjoy circle jerking over my posting as if I am even relevant at all in his behavior. I am not who you should be focused on. You are letting your disgust for my bad posting guise where you should be directing your troll posts.

gently caress you idiot go ask lowtax to mod his next creative content stream so you can orbit him and pretend people like you

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

thunderspanks posted:

less talk about fyad, more talk about lowtax rp'ing the prodigy's smack my bitch up

shut the gently caress up retard

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Windows 98 posted:

Then don't stumble out to own yourself, yet again, with pictures of private emails between Lowtax and his wife to make everyone focus on you before crying that nobody should be focusing on you

Ulthar
Aug 14, 2007

My parents are deeaaaaaaad!!!

Windows 98 posted:

*hangs his rear end way out over the railing, waving it at passers by* STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO ME

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I want to punch Lowtax in the face.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

Windows 98 posted:

shut the gently caress up. people are trying to come in here and defend lowtax occasionally like this is some isolated case of a misunderstanding. Sure its a majority echo chamber of gently caress Lowtax, but there are people out there who need to be firmly convinced the man has a pattern of serial abuse behavior. It was a weird off-the-cuff "what the gently caress" not something deeply personal. Chill.

Broheim, even one case of abuse is what we call "too many." Take a nice bath in ice to cool yourself and snap to reality.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

vandalism posted:

im truly fuckin gay, my dudes

lol

hell, same

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

I regret that we've enabled Lowtax over the years, and I am comforted only by the fact that, despite that, his life always seemed loving miserable.

Also, I'm realizing that what shocks me most about goatse is the tiny image resolution, by today's standards. It's practically a thumbnail.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Holy poo poo I never noticed in that picture the prescription pills next to the bottle of booze.

SCROTEBUSTIN
Sep 2, 2008

"the asslicker" of fyad

large hands posted:

shut the gently caress up retard

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

lol ffs

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Pepperoneedy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 25, 2020

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SCROTEBUSTIN posted:

we don't tip in my country because the minimum wage is 15 USD so I guess I can't say for sure

the best part about traveling outside the US (apart from the beautiful scenery, culture, and cuisine) was not having the expectation of tipping.
Even a few euro made the staff break out the house grappa or whatever they were your best friends man

Rhetoric-o-Tron
Jan 5, 2009

by Pragmatica

Windows 98 posted:

shut the gently caress up. people are trying to come in here and defend lowtax occasionally like this is some isolated case of a misunderstanding. Sure its a majority echo chamber of gently caress Lowtax, but there are people out there who need to be firmly convinced the man has a pattern of serial abuse behavior. It was a weird off-the-cuff "what the gently caress" not something deeply personal. Chill.

b l o w
i t
o u t
m y
a s s,
d i p s h i t

Rhetoric-o-Tron fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 25, 2020

bweep boop!
Dec 31, 2007

Nice shootin', Tex!
I'm skipping a few hundred pages here but just chiming in to say that between my account and the lurking I did before joining this website has been part of my daily routine for over half of my life. It's awful to admit that I was either blind or willfully dense when it came to Lowtax's personal life but learning all this now is absolutely sickening and if he's going to start chopping heads in this thread then so be it - I'll trade all the time I spent here for letting it be known that abuse in all forms is disgusting and I stand with the victims.

The SA forums have contributed, for better or worse, to a lot of who I am now from the media I consume to my political stance. I hope the forums can continue with a fresh start because it is literally the only online community I have ever been a part, but if that can only be by enabling an abuser then I'll just have to walk away. I will miss the ghost stories threads most of all.

Not that any cares what a lurker thinks.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

DickParasite posted:

Yo edit this and the post with all the police reports into the OP

link me to the post with the police reports and I will

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

SCROTEBUSTIN posted:

Tipping is for sure a symptom of a hosed up wage structure but stopping it won't change that unless you change the other stuff too. It's just philanthropy and philanthropy has the same problems.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ukRXR7Ts6k

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

bweep boop! posted:

I'm skipping a few hundred pages here but just chiming in to say that between my account and the lurking I did before joining this website has been part of my daily routine for over half of my life. It's awful to admit that I was either blind or willfully dense when it came to Lowtax's personal life but learning all this now is absolutely sickening and if he's going to start chopping heads in this thread then so be it - I'll trade all the time I spent here for letting it be known that abuse in all forms is disgusting and I stand with the victims.

The SA forums have contributed, for better or worse, to a lot of who I am now from the media I consume to my political stance. I hope the forums can continue with a fresh start because it is literally the only online community I have ever been a part, but if that can only be by enabling an abuser then I'll just have to walk away. I will miss the ghost stories threads most of all.

Not that any cares what a lurker thinks.

i care

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

JakeP posted:

link me to the post with the police reports and I will

Second post on page 278 friend

Edit:

Obeah posted:

Posting for Nite Crew's stumbling into this

:siren:Primer/Refresher for Anyone Interested:siren:

This is/was an admin and marketing consultant for SA who, for a time, lived with Lowtax after meeting him during the collapse of his previous marriage.

She has since retracted her claims, though the veracity of this retraction is... suspect for a variety of reasons.

Warning: very uncomfortable video.
https://www.facebook.com/1503357396/videos/10216979537629666/

A major part of the skepticism is the unhealthy relationships Lowtax has had with the women in his life over the years, and his constant shifting of blame anytime anything relating to them comes to the forum's attention. Perhaps the most damning examples are the very, very recent (as of this year) abuse claims and custody issues Lowtax has been contending with.

Lowtax posted a large thread detailing his side of the story. Anyone looking to question him was... not treated well. The same went for anyone donating to the GoFundMe of his wife (well-liked user LadyAmbien), who had taken refuge in a women's shelter.

When goons finally came to their senses and were free to wonder what the gently caress was up with this bullshit, mods/admins involved had the following things to say.

Look, a primary part of why we probated and banned people for contesting Lowtax's claims of a wife conspiracy were to protect those wives' right to privacy in the thread where their abusive ex-husband repeatedly and confidently posted details regarding their private lives and legal stituation.

And Burt's very respectable response!

It is not yet apparent if the forums will be deleted, censored, sold, or handed over. Existing offsites, discord groups, etc. are popping in to welcome new people. New ones are being created. There isn't much consensus as to which of these are the most likely or preferable outcomes. A lot of us are just wanting to say our peace and will play it by ear afterwards. I expect to be banned in all likelihood.

Do what you want. My advice is this: unsubscribe from Lowtax's patreon, stop spending money on the forums completely and most importantly:

:siren: Donate! To RAINN! :siren:

https://donate.rainn.org/donate
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929249

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I want to punch Lowtax in the face.

a common thought across the last 25 years of the internet