Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Chris James 2 posted:

you first, since you insist

Badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Lightning Knight posted:

I hope, vainly, that somehow this ends with the website intact but Lowtax, for whatever reason, having decided to simply go away. perhaps, we can make it impossible for him to ban the people he doesn’t like if it’s the entire forum.

I don't hit this site up often enough, or for long enough, to know all the ins and outs and such (I literally just learned what exactly a toxx was about). But I do like the site, I've really liked that it stayed no bullshit web 1.0 when the rest of the internet slit its throats to chase facebook impressions, and I liked that the community somehow managed to keep the nazi rot out, and actually become pretty woke and lefty, when almost every other part of nerd culture I remember from my days as a kid in the 90s early 00s has gone full fash.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, that there's a chance Kyanka is eye-of-sauroning this site for people who bad-talk him on this, but it might be the end of the site anyway, and a full scale user revolt could help avert that?

It's bad to hit women. People who hit women are bad people. gently caress to them. I don't really follow the lore of this place close, but I've been a semi regular reader of at least the front page since '04 or so, and I've got some vague outlines in my head and it's not flattering, and it comports pretty well with the new accusations. So if as sounds very likely, Kyanka hit this woman, as well as other women, that dude is a piece of poo poo, he's already got my tenner, but I won't be giving him another. There are other dead gay forums than these. Bring the ban or don't.

If I've misread how big a deal this is, sorry for posting cringe I guess? But it really seems like the end of days up in here. Been nice knowing you all.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

PipHelix posted:

I don't hit this site up often enough, or for long enough, to know all the ins and outs and such (I literally just learned what exactly a toxx was about). But I do like the site, I've really liked that it stayed no bullshit web 1.0 when the rest of the internet slit its throats to chase facebook impressions, and I liked that the community somehow managed to keep the nazi rot out, and actually become pretty woke and lefty, when almost every other part of nerd culture I remember from my days as a kid in the 90s early 00s has gone full fash.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, that there's a chance Kyanka is eye-of-sauroning this site for people who bad-talk him on this, but it might be the end of the site anyway, and a full scale user revolt could help avert that?

It's bad to hit women. People who hit women are bad people. gently caress to them. I don't really follow the lore of this place close, but I've been a semi regular reader of at least the front page since '04 or so, and I've got some vague outlines in my head and it's not flattering, and it comports pretty well with the new accusations. So if as sounds very likely, Kyanka hit this woman, as well as other women, that dude is a piece of poo poo, he's already got my tenner, but I won't be giving him another. There are other dead gay forums than these. Bring the ban or don't.

If I've misread how big a deal this is, sorry for posting cringe I guess? But it really seems like the end of days up in here. Been nice knowing you all.

the gently caress is this

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PipHelix posted:

:hmmyes:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SOMETHING AWFUL WAS WEB 2.0 YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

DUMB PIECES OF GARBAGE

LEARN YOUR GODDAMN INTERNET HISTORY

gently caress YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

PipHelix posted:

oxsnard posted:

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

oxsnard posted:

I came to post about how much Boomers suck, everyones talking about the forums are dying I go look around, see Lightning Knight made a post suggesting Lowtax was gonna ban everyone, don't have time to read 50 more pages, quote through to say I agree with what he has to say there (many hours ago) and if the site goes down, ah well, tough poo poo for us, having a good site be owned by a bad guy.

Already pre-apologized if I misinterpreted or posted cringe, dangit!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Web 1.0 was back in the NCSA Mosaic days right?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

T-man posted:

DUMB PIECES OF GARBAGE

gently caress YOU

Remember when every icon had a gradient and a metallic shine effect in the corners

I miss ugly 00s geocities web design, at least it had character

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

space uncle posted:

Do you really think a drug addict man child is going to put in the time, effort, and money to sell his only asset and source of income?

Think like an extremely lazy person - you have a golden goose that you’re starving to death through sheer neglect. It still shits golden eggs, despite your best efforts to scare it away by beating all the women in its vicinity.

You know the goose is worth some amount of gold and that a goose doctor could probably save it, but that would require you to contact a goose buyer and a goose lawyer and then you need to collect all your financial documents and ownership files and server passwords and the metaphor is breaking down.

That’s a lot of work and I’m sure he will just limp this thing along as long as possible. In 2025 there will still be a handful of goons posting here.

If he remains in charge the site's no longer going to make any money, and it's easy to see this. He's going to sell, and that's not ideal since he still gets money, but it will preserve the community

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Actually, Something Awful is web 3.0.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
im going to buy the forums from lowtax for the $12 i stole from his wallet and when i shake his hand im going to steal his casio wristwatch

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Samurai Sanders posted:

Web 1.0 was back in the NCSA Mosaic days right?

Ya know, I just now saw the page before this one they're talking about what is and isn't 1.0 vs 2.0. Could be, I dunno. I mean, I remember having the early 90s dialup, but other than video sites being a thing you could go to once you had college broadband the internet seemed pretty static (in look and feel) up until like, I wanna say late 00s? Wikipedia says mid-00's, which woulda been right in the pocket for SA in its prime.

Anyway, LK also said not to go off topic from the abuse in the first page, so again, I probably only understand half of what went down and less of the prior history, but I don't like none of it. Hope it doesn't wreck this nice site I poo poo up with my rambles and rants.

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Actually, Something Awful is web 3.0.

2.0 was using sql so people could post stuff

3.0 was react I think?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Remember when every icon had a gradient and a metallic shine effect in the corners

SA is one of the only sites left that has any drop shadows, emboss, or volume in the design at all and doesn't use safety blue

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Koalas March posted:

I was sad when they changed :(

B&R make a retro SA theme option tia

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

PipHelix posted:

I came to post about how much Boomers suck, everyones talking about the forums are dying I go look around, see Lightning Knight made a post suggesting Lowtax was gonna ban everyone, don't have time to read 50 more pages, quote through to say I agree with what he has to say there (many hours ago) and if the site goes down, ah well, tough poo poo for us, having a good site be owned by a bad guy.

Already pre-apologized if I misinterpreted or posted cringe, dangit!

you need to post more posts with less words in each post and also stop giving a gently caress what losers in this forum think

:justpost:

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
thinking back to the simpler times of six months ago, when lowtax got mad on stream and banned a bunch of posters and then kramered into tgrs to angrily yell at people for accusing him of maybe not possibly being an lbgt ally

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Lowtax? Never heard of the guy.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

thinking back to the simpler times of six months ago, when lowtax got mad on stream and banned a bunch of posters and then kramered into tgrs to angrily yell at people for accusing him of maybe not possibly being an lbgt ally

- Lowtax
- Renee
- Burt Sexual
- Fluffdaddy

The polycule from hell.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gio posted:

so when is lowtax going to become a MAGA grifter off of this

i'm glad that you said when and not if

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Dont think I'll be sticking around here since every post and page view is ad money in Lowtax's pocket.

Had a blast posting with you guys, if things change I'll come back.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Jeff Fatwood fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 25, 2020

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

quoting again

nightonthesun
Apr 23, 2002
As someone who watched my mom get beat up my father from about 8 years old until his death 9 years later, I couldn't watch the video more than 10-15 seconds.

I've lurked here since 2000. I hope the forums are successfully migrated to someone other than LT, but I'm not optimistic. Anyway, you guys along with my wonderful wife have made me a leftist and I'm thankful for that. Like others have said, I feel like I'm a much better person now. Goonspeed, Godspeed, or whatever!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

i'm glad that you said when and not if

vilerats mom talked at the rnc didn't she

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Montasque posted:

Dont think I'll be sticking around here since every post and page view is ad money in Lowtax's pocket.

Likewise. I consider you one of C-SPAM's founders. Hope we meet again

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

T-man posted:

DUMB PIECES OF GARBAGE

gently caress YOU

web 2.0 was ajax and the birth of web apps. this place is about as web 1.0 as you can get, it doesn’t even have mobile styles!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

I was thinking the same thing until I saw this

lol

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of Lowtax’s spine...

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry, double post.

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 25, 2020

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Montasque posted:

lol if you haven't been blocking ads

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kaedric posted:

but you should! It convinces more people that it's a legit place to go and they should go too.

Also, folks should be posting the link in the GBS thread, every page. Strike while the iron is hot.
the GBS thread is currently half full of people complaining about what they think BnR is and why that's bad

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bawfuls posted:

the GBS thread is currently half full of people complaining about what they think BnR is and why that's bad

what are they complaining about

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

- Lowtax
- Renee
- Burt Sexual
- Fluffdaddy

The polycule from hell.

world’s worst foursome

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

loving COMMIES

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

A little something I mentioned earlier in the thread:

Lol was this mass produced as merch, or is it a goon made one off?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

"Keep your politics out of my gibbis poo poo posting fun" mostly

A couple of people really resent that there's a dedicated safe space for furries

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

loving COMMIES
and also "i'm totally a commie leftist but i don't want to talk about that all the time in every thread"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

remember when that goon asked mike huckabee a question at a debate in 2007 and that was the moment he blew up to be john mccain's main rival