Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Saoshyant posted:

realistically, i think it will be like neogaf all over again. that site had exactly the same problem, with its owner being a rapist and the community saying enough was enough and leaving, all of them. yet, neogaf managed to stay afloat with a few stragglers and over the last three years has accumulated a whole community of alt-righters and white supremacists. its owner no longer has money issues. if Jeffrey doesn't manage to secure SA, then it will go the same way as neogaf

i think it's probably slightly different in that the $10 barrier to entry would stop the critical mass you need. he could drop the reg fee but since SA a everything/nothing board, there's little reason to post here instead of all the other alt-right places.

though i'm always surprised when i learn about a shithead community that's been around forever, so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i love how this has instantly turned all of SA into an enormous circular firing squad, everybody just clumsily slapping at each other and screaming no u

lmao

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I heard vague things about Lowtax being a creep but I guess his admin goonsquad was successful in erasing it because that's all I knew- vague rumours.
That there's a post with it all in detail, including the admin protection crew, pinned in GBS is a sign of something.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

i love how this has instantly turned all of SA into an enormous circular firing squad, everybody just clumsily slapping at each other and screaming no u

lmao

but the guns seem to be pointed exclusively at lowtax?

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
Yospos is being deleted on June 26th 2020.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SRQ posted:

but the guns seem to be pointed exclusively at lowtax?

nah more like the people screaming that cspam is bad and toxic, but so are the people that left cspam because it was bad and toxic

it owns

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
like i get it, their biggest thread is people just all caps misspelling our stupid president's name. but lmao

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

the hell does cspam have to do with lowtax being a shitiot

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

cspam is not that bad in and of itself, i have very little faith in making cspam the nucleus of a new forum though. still, i'll wait a few weeks for things to settle and then sign up there, see for myself how it works out.

the fact that the patreon money really is evaporating has lent me a bit of hope that the forums might actually get spun out.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
lowtax if you're reading this - and I know you are - I will pay you eight thousand us dollars for the somethingawful forums. My PM box is open.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

that's literally 160 boxes of those fancy cookies you apparently like

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

maybe you should just offer the cookies

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I am willing to make the purchase in cookies if that's what it takes to get lowtax to the table.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

lets make this happen, Rich.

LuckySevens
Feb 16, 2004

fear not failure, fear only the limitations of our dreams

rotor posted:

lets make this happen, Rich.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
extremely jeffk voice https://www.reddit.com/r/y0sp0s/

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

TerminalRaptor posted:

In all seriousness, I'm hoping she gets the help she needs as what I read in the GBS thread is disturbing especially the recent stuff that comes across as textbook domestic violence victim hostage

if you really believe she’s a hostage, why are you gawking at it from the sidelines and not doing something?

either way, you are a terrible person

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Max Facetime posted:

if you really believe she’s a hostage, why are you gawking at it from the sidelines and not doing something?

lameeeee

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Max Facetime posted:

pot, meet kettle

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

Max Facetime posted:

I see a lot of terrible posters wowing to leave SA for some off-site or other, so either way it’s a loss for SA

Max Facetime posted:

there’s a huge difference between what’s happening around lowtax and what happens in the vast majority of the cases of domestic abuse. you trying to draw parallels between the two is at least irresponsible and creates false expectations that could hurt the victims

FYI, most cases of domestic abuse do not involve a few thousand people on the internet watching someone’s patreon like a stock ticker

Max Facetime posted:

I'm really glad you choose to go down with this ship. I doubt anyone is going to miss such quality posting.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

TheCoach posted:

I'm really glad you choose to go down with this ship. I doubt anyone is going to miss such quality posting.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

the true yospos replacement is going to be on like gopher or some weird outdated nerd poo poo

smdh if yospos doesn’t already have a yggdrasil mesh running a secure scuttle butt pub and some sort of modded version of soulseek bridge running through v2ray and obfs5 tunnels that are only accessible from the browser modded into the cockpit of some 90s flight simulator game or something along these lines

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Computer Serf posted:

smdh if yospos doesn’t already have a yggdrasil mesh running a secure scuttle butt pub and some sort of modded version of soulseek bridge running through v2ray and obfs5 tunnels that are only accessible from the browser modded into the cockpit of some 90s flight simulator game or something along these lines

the only remaining apple eworld server

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

corgski posted:

pot, meet kettle

no, I’m absolutely not a member of the viewing audience. there is a report of domestic abuse, as a result all the resources of social services are working to help the victim and most crucially, I’m not part of that process in any way

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

no flair no post

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Max Facetime posted:

no, I’m absolutely not a member of the viewing audience. there is a report of domestic abuse, as a result all the resources of social services are working to help the victim and most crucially, I’m not part of that process in any way

lol if you think social services don't let abuse victims fall through the cracks all the loving time

also holding lovely people accountable is literally the first step in creating safe communities

so tell us, what's your handle on kiwifarms

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

SA is a large forum, so statistically there’s a fair chance that there’s at least one domestic abuse victim reading these forums who is weighing whether or not she should report the violence she’s suffering

what do you think she’s going to think seeing a bunch of people going on saying, effectively, “guys guys, if we can get his patreon down to below 1000$ do y’all think we’ll get another tearful video of her?? wouldn’t that be grand?!?”

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Max Facetime posted:

SA is a large forum, so statistically there’s a fair chance that there’s at least one domestic abuse victim reading these forums who is weighing whether or not she should report the violence she’s suffering

what do you think she’s going to think seeing a bunch of people going on saying, effectively, “guys guys, if we can get his patreon down to below 1000$ do y’all think we’ll get another tearful video of her?? wouldn’t that be grand?!?”

hey speaking as a domestic abuse victim shut the gently caress up

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

corgski posted:

also holding lovely people accountable is literally the first step in creating safe communities

great, do that once it is certain that the victim can no longer be hurt by the aggressor, and not before that, and not to create drama

you rear end in a top hat

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

oh, and sorry about violence you have suffered

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

:rolleyes:

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

calling you an rear end in a top hat was for suggesting that I post on kiwi farms and nothing else, just so we are clear on that

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Max Facetime posted:

great, do that once it is certain that the victim can no longer be hurt by the aggressor, and not before that, and not to create drama

you rear end in a top hat

Max Facetime posted:

calling you an rear end in a top hat was for suggesting that I post on kiwi farms and nothing else, just so we are clear on that

:getout:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
what the gently caress are you talking about max

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

crepeface posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about max

it turns out that doing the thing which is most convenient to him is actually coincidentally also the only moral choice.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
What happened to ZDR? He keeps coming up in conversations and I never realized he left.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
to hear lowtax tell it, they flaked out, borrowed some money, and flaked out even harder

now, in hindsight...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
borrowing money, particularly in light of doing unpaid admin and development work on the forums, is pretty hilarious

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

infernal machines posted:

to hear lowtax tell it, they flaked out, borrowed some money, and flaked out even harder

now, in hindsight...

Strange how that seems to be a common theme with people who work with lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes. it is weird how the one rock solid consistency in this 20 year history of spectacular flaming meltdowns has been lowtax.

incredible even