Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Spokes posted:

it's wild how good NGU is

like, if i opened it tomorrow and it said "NGU is no longer free, please pay sixty dollars", i wouldn't think twice

but i also don't want to actively pay money because the progression is so well-done and i don't want it to end too soon

I bought all the newbie packs and all it did was smooth some walls a little, and make sure I had all the qol stuff immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Virigoth posted:

Link to patch notes before I refresh? I’m just grinding end game expensive research and runes right now.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...8PAYDnejZyKRLbQ

It's a pretty massive update, lots of end-game content.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...8PAYDnejZyKRLbQ

It's a pretty massive update, lots of end-game content.

I went ahead and refreshed so my anthill can get working. Challenge 8 looks awful. I don’t even have the minimum gold req to finish the challenge on a normal run lol

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eldercain posted:

isn't this like your fifth time? it's a good game tho
fourth :shobon:

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Virigoth posted:

I went ahead and refreshed so my anthill can get working. Challenge 8 looks awful. I don’t even have the minimum gold req to finish the challenge on a normal run lol

8 is fine, 9 is loving bullshit and I don't even want to know what 10 is gonna be like. Spoiler, in case someone wants to know what 9 is: loving no runes challenge ugh

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Anfauglir posted:

8 is fine, 9 is loving bullshit and I don't even want to know what 10 is gonna be like. Spoiler, in case someone wants to know what 9 is: loving no runes challenge ugh

Ah yeah I meant 9 and can’t count. The ant progression looks like a slow rolling wave of getting OP that will be interesting once it gets a couple more days in.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
So, is there a discord we can all migrate to? Maybe a secret channel in NGU for goons only to talk about every idle game?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
That does indeed exist!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
okay how do I prove that I'm a goon cause I don't play your (fine) game so I hadn't joined your discord before

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
Yeah I also have heard of this secret channel but I don't know how to get it. I'm already in the NGU discord.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Basically, just have a name in discord similar to your SA name, poke 4g whenever he's online and maybe make a short message in one of the public channels so he can find you easily to promote you.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Manyorcas posted:

Basically, just have a name in discord similar to your SA name, poke 4g whenever he's online and maybe make a short message in one of the public channels so he can find you easily to promote you.
lol at similar to my SA name as though I use this name anywhere else

(yeah yeah I can make it happen if I figure out how server-specific aliases work)

edit: no it's cool I'm DACK FAYDEN on the NGU discord now

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 24, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Just say "I'm [username] on discord" and it'll get sorted out

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

More interested in watching this number go down tbh

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Yeah just pm me on discord once you join the discord. link is here:

https://discord.gg/Hp6KbaS

at this point i'll presume if you pm'ed me and tell me your username that you're a goon and just let you in to make it go faster in these trying times.

edit: searching the discord i see no "duck fayden" so yes definitely pm me or i will literally not know of your existence

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Just also gonna pop in a reminder here that there's an online (multiplayer) idle games community with its own discord and it's a cool place if you're into those kinda games.

Sir Bruce
Jul 8, 2004

I'd like an invite to the Discord secret channel, too! Thanks!

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
Ugh Discord. 30 years of internet and we've looped back to AOL chatrooms.

Anyway, anybody else gave Level 13 a try? It's pretty obviously inspired by the exploration element of A Dark Room and I wish I liked it more. As it is, it's really slow paced while also requiring active play, so a swing and a miss for me. I wanna say if Armory and Machine on mobile was your pace, this may be for you. Too grindy for me.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

something posted:

edit: searching the discord i see no "duck fayden" so yes definitely pm me or i will literally not know of your existence
Sure, I will do so now, but also lol duck

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lufia posted:

Ugh Discord. 30 years of internet and we've looped back to AOL chatrooms.

Anyway, anybody else gave Level 13 a try? It's pretty obviously inspired by the exploration element of A Dark Room and I wish I liked it more. As it is, it's really slow paced while also requiring active play, so a swing and a miss for me. I wanna say if Armory and Machine on mobile was your pace, this may be for you. Too grindy for me.

It gets worse because now instead of doing things like writing FAQs or updating wikis people just go "oh there's pins in the discord" because that's findable on search engines.

It's dumb as hell.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Discord is so miserable but I am joining a bunch related to my bookmarked threads in the hope that a spinoff becomes successful.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

The goon channel on the discord is just way down at the bottom of the list, if you missed it. TBH I spend most of my time in the game channel, but there’s occasionally some good banter

Musluk
May 23, 2011

bubbapook posted:

The goon channel on the discord is just way down at the bottom of the list, if you missed it. TBH I spend most of my time in the game channel, but there’s occasionally some good banter

Good idea, it's moved now.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Xtanstic posted:

Discord is so miserable but I am joining a bunch related to my bookmarked threads in the hope that a spinoff becomes successful.

Discord has almost entirely emulated IRC at this point. You can make it compact and tiny and look pretty much exactly the same. I was extremely against Discord years ago but am a full convert now. You'll get used to it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dis astranagant posted:

More interested in watching this number go down tbh

He's close to 4k now btw. Lowtax is failing at Covid Economy.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Getting close to 3k now. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't hit people who left and forgot they were paying and people who only read megathreads before long tho

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
hello yes i would also like to join the goon channel, I'm Meinberg on discord

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Patreon number go down, discord channel go up

Bodrick
Jan 3, 2009

In the unlikely event it gets outside, use full force to feign ignorance and pretend nothing happened.
I also would like to join the discord party, I'm Bodrick.

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
I think I'll get on the NGU Discord train as well. I'm on as Amperxand.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I too would like to Jon the channel.
Name is the same as here. Ninetysevena

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

On Synergism does the rune optimal reset timer mean for reincarnation or transcendence? I may have been doing a dumb for a long time.....

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I joined the discord as junanp~, let's see how this whole migration thing goes.

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
Joined as Punchizzle

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Virigoth posted:

On Synergism does the rune optimal reset timer mean for reincarnation or transcendence? I may have been doing a dumb for a long time.....

Rune optimal for transcendence, research optimal for reincarnation

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Are you supposed to both transcend and reincarnate?

E.g. transcend at optimal offering time and reincarnate at optimal obtainium time?

I am at e1055 particles and have hit a solid wall, offering income is abysmally low (like 6k? per 3860 second reincarnation)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ineptitude posted:

Are you supposed to both transcend and reincarnate?

E.g. transcend at optimal offering time and reincarnate at optimal obtainium time?

I am at e1055 particles and have hit a solid wall, offering income is abysmally low (like 6k? per 3860 second reincarnation)
Yes, unless the transcend is within about 5 seconds of reincarnation, in which case, jiggle the timers until it isn't. You get offerings each transcend, so it's way better.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'm not sure I think offerings are tied to transcendence but rather tied to reincarnate. I'm testing now but just reincarnating at optimal offering times I'm getting ~10-12k offerings and if I do the 1842 seconds at transcendence I'm getting way, way less. Are we saying the combination of them TOGETHER is going to make it larger as long as I don't transcend right before a reincarnation? It seems like transcending hurts my reincarnations more than not on a timer instead of a 1e25 power transcend.

I just got the 1e20 ants achievement so I'm going to do transcends for a bit and let a longer reincarnation run.

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013
Hey I'll stop lurking for a second to say that I'm Blindtron on the NGU Discord and it'd be really neat if I could get in the Goons channel.

This thread is what really got me into idle games after stumbling upon Idle Oil Tycoon on Android. I'm not sure whether I should be grateful or mad since I'm now considered a massive weirdo by my wife and friends for having 2-3 idle games constantly running in the background at any time, but in any case I'd be sad to see it gone :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Doctor Goon posted:

This thread is what really got me into idle games after stumbling upon Idle Oil Tycoon on Android. I'm not sure whether I should be grateful or mad since I'm now considered a massive weirdo by my wife and friends for having 2-3 idle games constantly running in the background at any time, but in any case I'd be sad to see it gone :shobon:

I went on vacation to Chicago with my GF and her family last year and kept my PC running at home specifically so I could RDP into it to rebirth every day while I was gone. You're among friends here.