Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Isomermaid posted:

I quoted the post in Games that was posted a bit up the thread, was let in in minutes. Seeing some names I recognise, but no drop in replacement for the UKMT that I can see?

Thanks, and thanks Guav. I missed that somehow. I'll hold off until there's a UKMT :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

a lovely king posted:

Did Seaside Loafer ever come back after that very scrambled set of posts telling us he's not dead, just very ill?

Sadly not. We all hope he's ok though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He may simply lack the commitment to expend his limited dexterity posting and is in fact doing other things during recovery. Which is unfathomable I know but some people are like that.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Another mostly-lurker chiming in- I really hope this group doesn't disappear. You guys helped me get my arse into gear when my mam's disability benefits were going to be taken, and are also my prime source of news. I am surrounded by communists in my day to day life and pretty much always have been (somehow), so news from other sources just feels like something out of the twilight zone to me.

Also, a lot of goons seem to be migrating to Bread and Roses. I don't know if it's good or not, but I'd much rather read stuff on a forum than on discord.

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 25, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This came up on the timeline & I need somewhere to share in the horror of it

https://twitter.com/stokel/status/1276041893030305795?s=20

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol I was just about to post this. Hope he wins.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

He may simply lack the commitment to expend his limited dexterity posting and is in fact doing other things during recovery. Which is unfathomable I know but some people are like that.

I got the impression it was post-stroke aphasia, which would probably make typing and/or reading very difficult.
Either way, it was sad, but understandable.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Biggest benefit of the thread, to me, right now

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Between this thread and Novara I’ve learned more relevant British history than anytime at school or while at and beyond higher education

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Maugrim posted:

Breadnroses integration for Awful app when

This is going to be my biggest miss. I need my apps man!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It must be at least 30c here with no wind. :sweatdrop:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
It is disgustingly hot here. These are Arctic temperatures!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Has anyone seen what caused the fight the pigs lost in Brixton last night? Seen a lot of the fallout but not the provocation.

Also I'm on an indefinite break from the hellsites, but you can find me at the obvious https://twitter.com/mfcrocker

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Bobstar posted:

Biggest benefit of the thread, to me, right now

This broke me. I literally ran downstairs in my pants shouting ‘Wife, I’ve been meme’d!’.

Though I assure you my fudge is 99% bee free.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

^^^write that poo poo on the packaging!!!

mfcrocker posted:

Has anyone seen what caused the fight the pigs lost in Brixton last night? Seen a lot of the fallout but not the provocation.

Also I'm on an indefinite break from the hellsites, but you can find me at the obvious https://twitter.com/mfcrocker
Apparently it was an "unlicensed music event" (aka, a party). Terrible idea to have a party obviously but Tories hosed the lockdown, what do people expect, & 22 pigs injured to 4 arrests is a damned good ratio so I say fair play to 'em.

Just chiming in to say that I would be very sad to lose this community, you're all good comrades & your company has enriched my life, even when I'm not posting (which is usually down to poor mental health, & is when I appreciate you guys all the more :unsmith:). I've jumped on the Discord just in case, it's all a bit newfangled for me atm but maybe I'll adapt.

gently caress Lowtax, gently caress 12.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Camrath posted:

This broke me. I literally ran downstairs in my pants shouting ‘Wife, I’ve been meme’d!’.

Though I assure you my fudge is 99% bee free.

loving coward.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ah, an Art

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I'm gonna be sad if SA goes, this thread has been such a weird constant in my life since I registered in my teens. I lurked for most of that time but it has always been a nice refuge from brainworm liberalism and has taught me a lot. I hope we manage to keep going in some way, but if not :rip: goons, it's been a blast. Keep fighting the good fight.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gonna frame this.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

I don't post a lot here because I'm not funny or informed enough, but you guys have really shaped me politically over the years, and there's definitely going to be a big gap in my life if it goes away.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1276101462519619590?s=20

forensic

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm gonna be sad if SA goes, this thread has been such a weird constant in my life since I registered in my teens. I lurked for most of that time but it has always been a nice refuge from brainworm liberalism and has taught me a lot. I hope we manage to keep going in some way, but if not :rip: goons, it's been a blast. Keep fighting the good fight.

Join the discord, weetman posting hasn’t been restricted there yet

E:

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

I'm liking the look of these here Breadnroses forums. I would encourage anyone who "likes the words to stay still until you're ready for them" (thanks JA!) to sign up while the signing's good, can't hurt, then we can have a UKMT over there if it all goes wahoonie-shaped here.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

BizarroAzrael posted:

loving coward.

where is forums user mailorder bees when you need them

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

forkboy84 posted:

This came up on the timeline & I need somewhere to share in the horror of it

https://twitter.com/stokel/status/1276041893030305795?s=20
I’ve never short circuited anything with my jizz :(

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

RLB getting dragged on Twitter for retweeting that MAxine Peake article in the INdependent, because of one line about US Police learning their neck-kneeling shenanigans from Israeli secret services.

This is all so loving tiring.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It's OK, Number 10 have said the matter is closed despite Jenrick having been openly caught lying in his account and there being records of him saying he was doing it to deny funding to the "Marxist" Tower Hamlets Council.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

I don't post much here or on twitter as I consider myself an alienating, low-impact poster with little offer. But I like reading this thread & the various posters I follow on Twitter. So if I don't already follow you, DM / follow https://www.twitter.com/robotcarlyle and I'll fix that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TACD posted:

There's no time like the present. (Although I personally wouldn't risk it during a pandemic.)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I don't post a lot here because I'm not funny or informed enough, but you guys have really shaped me politically over the years, and there's definitely going to be a big gap in my life if it goes away.

I've been on the drat podcast, don't let that stop you!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Where do you get the auth codes for BreadNRoses?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Blatant corruption but let's not actually demand he resign, that would be unreasonable

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Necrothatcher posted:

Go to games and quote the post in the chat thread with your username.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Join the discord, weetman posting hasn’t been restricted there yet

Why do you hate us

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

Search my posts in this thread (question mark bottom left) and it's 2/3 back.

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.
The discord says I am a Goon now but I'm still only seeing the entryism and code of conduct channels. How do I computer.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

TACD posted:

You've got to start with smaller, less technological devices, like pocket calculators, before gradually progressing to larger electronics, like PCs.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

bionic vapour boy posted:

The discord says I am a Goon now but I'm still only seeing the entryism and code of conduct channels. How do I computer.

Gotta do what it says in the entryism channel then you'll be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Jedit posted:

It's OK, Number 10 have said the matter is closed despite Jenrick having been openly caught lying in his account and there being records of him saying he was doing it to deny funding to the "Marxist" Tower Hamlets Council.

aha it seems Boris has fallen into sir Keir's elephant trap by demonstrating that his judgement is flawed, and now surely he will be compelled by his sense of civic duty to do the right thing or stand aside

lol

https://twitter.com/Jude_p_w/status/1276103818397265920?s=20

https://twitter.com/AphexGwyn/status/1276103986463084547?s=20

https://twitter.com/ZeObserver/status/1276102826310209536?s=20

https://twitter.com/SocialDemSheff/status/1276107132023255040?s=20

oh to have my brain eaten by worms