Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MotU posted:

everyone come to my house so you can watch me eat an entire 130 count bag of Tostino's pizza rolls in a sitting, just like the good old days

can we record it and then post the entire video but in reverse

e: this is a terrible page snipe so I'll say that BnR seems pretty neat and it has a dark theme and I liveposted with some friends about AEW there :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
you, my daughter, are much like the bible in that i don't pay attention to either of you

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
The bible thing is like a variation on some edgelord bullshit a 14 year old would say. But it's a middle-aged dude saying it to his kid. The video was brutal too, I couldn't get through the entire thing. It was like abuser manipulation 101.

What the gently caress?

I don't post a ton, although that's changed a bit lately, but I'm 36 and I've been reading the forums in some capacity since highschool. Unless there's a way to carry on without Lowtax the site is dead.

I'll end up checking out Bread and Roses a little further, it seems alright.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's ridiculous to say that Lowtax would be nothing without these forums. He also once had a boxing match with Uwe Boll.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Zombie Lemur posted:

The bible thing is like a variation on some edgelord bullshit a 14 year old would say. But it's a middle-aged dude saying it to his kid. The video was brutal too, I couldn't get through the entire thing. It was like abuser manipulation 101.

What the gently caress?

I don't post a ton, although that's changed a bit lately, but I'm 36 and I've been reading the forums in some capacity since highschool. Unless there's a way to carry on without Lowtax the site is dead.

I'll end up checking out Bread and Roses a little further, it seems alright.
Lowtax hasn't been around hardly at all since I've been around and things were just fine, it's just the matter of "Will Lowtax nuke everything so nobody is happy or hand over the keys"

The gross option is that he somehow gets a huge payout when someone buys Something Awful from him and just keeps being a lovely person. There's a reason why people don't hear about Moot from 4Chan anymore and it's because he sold it off and just got a job at Google and hasn't exposed himself as a lovely person.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still cant believe he told his kid to grow the gently caress up and he never wants to see her again what a loving loser

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN CENA posted:

i still cant believe he told his kid to grow the gently caress up and he never wants to see her again what a loving loser

He's just following the Vince McMahon school of parenting

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

this is by far the best wrestling forum I've ever seen and it's the only place I enjoy posting about football, too. A lot of the fun in both sports is watching them paired with the posting here, especially when a particular show(WWE) or game is otherwise boring/bad.

Even a discord hideaway wouldn't be the same because the drat thing would move so fast during events that you wouldn't be able to keep track

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Reluctantly signed up to B&R, see you guys over there when they approve my account, I guess

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-XbNj6Tk

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dell_Zincht posted:

Reluctantly signed up to B&R, see you guys over there when they approve my account, I guess

same

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Dell_Zincht posted:

I signed up as an excuse to try and get back into wrestling!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tyma! Do you still watch rugby? I really fell off over the last few years but I used to really enjoy your rugby threads :)

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
I feel like my biggest contribution to this subforum has been saying things about WCW that MRT corrected me on minutes later, but I'm going to miss it here if things go the way they're looking like they'll go. Signed up for BNR as The Superman 3 of People, so I'll probably continue to be wrong about WCW over there.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tyma posted:

I signed up as an excuse to try and get back into wrestling!

Aaaaaa Tyma! :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Claytor posted:

The Superman 3 of People

That is an incredible username :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm the Superman Returns of People, an update to a classic that nobody asked for and nobody paid money to see

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like joining new places. it takes me about 3 years of not interacting to get comfortable and then spread out and bother people with my presence without caring.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Rarity posted:

I'm the Superman Returns of People, an update to a classic that nobody asked for and nobody paid money to see

It was cool when you caught that plane tho

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The gbs thread moves too fast so I will ask here. Evidently Logan recanted her ISIS style recantation video. Where/how did she do this?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Lowtax hasn't been around hardly at all since I've been around and things were just fine, it's just the matter of "Will Lowtax nuke everything so nobody is happy or hand over the keys"

The gross option is that he somehow gets a huge payout when someone buys Something Awful from him and just keeps being a lovely person. There's a reason why people don't hear about Moot from 4Chan anymore and it's because he sold it off and just got a job at Google and hasn't exposed himself as a lovely person.

I don't know, Lowtax seems real bad with money, who knows how long a huge payout would last him before his spine falls apart again.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Cavauro posted:

i don't like joining new places. it takes me about 3 years of not interacting to get comfortable and then spread out and bother people with my presence without caring.

Same plus no community for its faults at times will be as good as this one.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Jerusalem posted:

Tyma! Do you still watch rugby? I really fell off over the last few years but I used to really enjoy your rugby threads :)

I kind of got "too involved" in rugby, and started playing. Right now, I'm the captain of the UK's oldest and largest "mixed ability" rugby team, bringing disabled and able-bodied players together to play against other Welsh Rugby Union teams. If all goes well, and the Paralympics don't get pushed back another year, then we'll get to represent Wales in a World Championship next June!

I've never mentioned this in the Rugby thread, because it's super, super hard to talk about Rugby, now that I'm signed to one of the unions, and get to work with some of the players and referees that we absolutely, definitely didn't say many nice things about in a few of the past threads ^^;

I think I'll probably try and get the SA Rugby Community together in a new thread (or Discord, or whatever), once we know what the majority of SAS is doing, moving forward?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Bluedeanie posted:

The gbs thread moves too fast so I will ask here. Evidently Logan recanted her ISIS style recantation video. Where/how did she do this?

Facebook. It was... uncomfortable to watch, to say the absolute least.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

weekly font posted:

Facebook. It was... uncomfortable to watch, to say the absolute least.

I saw the video, I meant evidently she has already walked back/denounced what she said in the video where she said she was not being coerced and lowtax was right (really obviously done due to being coerced by lowtax, who is wrong)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Re: B&R, this is the messaging from a CineD mod and I'm not sure if they speak for the whole mod team on this or what:

Franchescanado posted:

Breadnroses is a fringe forum that was made in response to CSPAM being purged back in November. I will not be joining it, and it is not at all involved in the plans of the future of SomethingAwful. The mods and admins have several ideas that are being worked on together, which has the goal of preserving SomethingAwful's current culture and subforums and maintaining the spirit of the forums. BreadNRoses is a reaction against SA, not in the spirit of. Feel free to join it if you want, but I will be announcing what the Mods and Admins are planning as soon as I can.

I did pay my tenbux to them but I hope this forum can excise Lowtax and keep on keepin on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Like every offsite it's more for bitching about this one that anything else.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

flashy_mcflash posted:

Re: B&R, this is the messaging from a CineD mod and I'm not sure if they speak for the whole mod team on this or what:

I did pay my tenbux to them but I hope this forum can excise Lowtax and keep on keepin on.

A lot of the mod team isn't very good so I'm not overly worried. But they are right. BnR was founded as a reaction to some dumb poo poo I can't even remember or wasn't aware of in the first place. It's quite clearly not trying to just be SA all over again, which I assume most people would regard as a good thing because an awful lot of SA history is miserably toxic. Think the BnR rules make clear what it is, an explicitly left-wing, progressive space where casual bigotry isn't wanted. Clearly that's not going to be great for everyone but a) it's better than nothing b) it's an improvement on SA in some respects because this place has some baggage. Ideally Lowtax relinquishes control of this forum & fucks off for good but the chances of that seem piss poor to this outsider.

Aphrodite posted:

It's explicitly not for this but okay

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I've literally not seen that at all, and it's frankly impressive the hoops you and others are jumping through

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That seems like an uncharitable description of how B&R was formed. Like, at the least it sets itself apart as being one of the few off-sites formed because SA was too racist and lovely instead of not racist enough. I get the mods concern about B&R but uncharitable explanation.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

BnR I’m pretty sure was a reaction to DICKEYE echoing the statements of a lot of queer posters feeling like they were no longer welcome here. I love Dickeye but they can be pretty intense and I’m sure some harsh things were said on the way out but it’s no kiwifarms.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The ideals behind BnR seem pretty decent but the site creators have always been super pushy about promoting it and it's kind of a turn-off.

In fairness if we were able to get our forum for wrestling our community would probably be happy there given the general political vibes here, it's just we'd be less likely to attract new people and for those of us who post in multiple forums that might get fragmented. Like, it's good to have as a backup option if nothing else works out but I think we're better off trying to move us a whole with the rest of the site.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

SA discussion is explicitly against the rules.

flashy_mcflash posted:

and lol that is a hilariously and conveniently trimmed down description of how BnR formed

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Aphrodite posted:

That's why there's a rule saying "don't do this"

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

weekly font posted:

BnR I’m pretty sure was a reaction to DICKEYE echoing the statements of a lot of queer posters feeling like they were no longer welcome here. I love Dickeye but they can be pretty intense and I’m sure some harsh things were said on the way out but it’s no kiwifarms.

BnR happened because a beautiful poster set up a discord for her friends right before being banned and then ppj got outed and it was the tail end of the fyad drama and a bunch of people joined the discord and then some of us got the idea that forums are good and important and there should be one that's explicitly leftist and provides permanence that's missing in social media.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Sounds like a cool place to talk about professional wrestling.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Rarity posted:

The ideals behind BnR seem pretty decent but the site creators have always been super pushy about promoting it and it's kind of a turn-off.

In fairness if we were able to get our forum for wrestling our community would probably be happy there given the general political vibes here, it's just we'd be less likely to attract new people and for those of us who post in multiple forums that might get fragmented. Like, it's good to have as a backup option if nothing else works out but I think we're better off trying to move us a whole with the rest of the site.

I'd never heard of it until this stuff with Lowtax came out.

How big is the active SA userbase anyways? I know it's 200k total users but what percentage of those are lapsed and not even posting anymore? Once an offsite hits a critical mass of users, it kind of becomes THE offsite doesn't it? And B+R is up to 5k members and seems pretty chill from what I'm seeing. The only downside I am seeing so far is that the userbase is still too small to support large sub communities. There's more than enough people there for a vibrant left wing politics discussion. There are two pro wresting threads - one for wrestling in general and one for AEW. So unless and until there's more migration (or comrades in the political discussion decide they like wrestling, which seems less likely) it won't be a sufficient Fight Island replacement. For that reason I do hope the modmins are able to wrest control of SA from Lowtax. If they aren't though, it seems like a perfectly good backup and it's 100% free so.

Gumball Gumption posted:

That seems like an uncharitable description of how B&R was formed. Like, at the least it sets itself apart as being one of the few off-sites formed because SA was too racist and lovely instead of not racist enough. I get the mods concern about B&R but uncharitable explanation.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

BnR happened because a beautiful poster set up a discord for her friends right before being banned and then ppj got outed and it was the tail end of the fyad drama and a bunch of people joined the discord and then some of us got the idea that forums are good and important and there should be one that's explicitly leftist and provides permanence that's missing in social media.

Gotcha. Real world stuff had me away from the forums around that time but seeing the people that were gone by the time I got back really bummed me the gently caress out

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

fyi: this person got probed because they kept shilling bnr in the adtrw lgbt thread, a few people in adtrw made fun of bnr (because there are people in adtrw who have been hurt by the cspam/tgrs/bnr crowd), coincidentally the person doing most of the joking got bought an insanely transphobic avatar and then a bread n roses avatar, then they were asked to leave the adtrw lgbt thread and they refused and mocked people for wanting them to leave

you are free to join bnr and i dont wanna crossimport drama but keep your guard up if you do join it rather than embracing it as the turbowoke leftist paradise it seems to want to sell itself as. peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ps: dolph ziggler was never good