Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i did the bnr thing but i dont wanna pay money so now i just wait or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kaedric posted:

but you should! It convinces more people that it's a legit place to go and they should go too.

Also, folks should be posting the link in the GBS thread, every page. Strike while the iron is hot.

In that case, I registered six months ago with the cool kids! New username though, so my bland poo poo posts can't be traced :ninja:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Why would it be a bad thing to post that you registered? Even if you're using the same name, wouldn't that add to any sort of authenticity of the newly registered account on B&R?

This thread isn’t about an off-site, it’s about a serious abusive situation, and there’s already a thread dedicated to off sites that it’d be more appropriate for

The people who have been doing great jobs helping people successfully transition to the site, including approving accounts, have repeatedly consistently said not to do it here; the mods who have been trying desperately to keep us updated on the situation and get in touch with the abused woman and make sure she’s safe have repeatedly consistently said not to do it here; why then would you continue to do it here? Nobody’s said don’t talk about it at all ever, just in a more appropriate thread

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

nothing the new album was rad

It's like they emerged from a cryo chamber totally unchanged from the late nineties. They didn't evolve any in the two decades and as such, they sound like an out of place relic. It's not that it's bad, it's that the world moved on while they were in stasis.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Edit Not the thread for it

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Chris James 2 posted:

This thread isn’t about an off-site, it’s about a serious abusive situation, and there’s already a thread dedicated to off sites that it’d be more appropriate for

The people who have been doing great jobs helping people successfully transition to the site, including approving accounts, have repeatedly consistently said not to do it here; the mods who have been trying desperately to keep us updated on the situation and get in touch with the abused woman and make sure she’s safe have repeatedly consistently said not to do it here; why then would you continue to do it here? Nobody’s said don’t talk about it at all ever, just in a more appropriate thread

:hmmyes:

All the “I registered at bnr with the same username” posts are extremely white noise at a time when people are looking for updates about a tumultuous situation

:siren: There is a thread for discussing offsites, there do not need to be 2

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Petey posted:

after reading all the police reports, I would really like to find a way to setup a trust or something for Lowtax's daughters, accessible only to them and in equal portion. No idea how to do it logistically but it feels right.

Holy heck Petey there's a blast from the past

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Number continues to sink like a stone.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

Good

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Bob Socko posted:

look as long we're there for the funny numbers everything will be aaaallllll right

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

bandwidth: $80
domains: $30
servers: $60
staff: $0
2020 Nissan GTR: $1600
gourmet cookies: $400

somebody who is good at budgeting please help me my forums are dying

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He lost 100 patrons in the last hour. Yowza.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Can someone magic up an adblock/ublock friendly rule for the bottom of the page goon-bought ads? I must be doing it wrong with the ublock element picker because I'm only blocking discrete ad images

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He lost 100 patrons in the last hour. Yowza.

What's his total per month down to now?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

DeathSandwich posted:

$2577 at the moment. https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

Bob Socko posted:

Current update like 20mins after that post is now 436 and $2577

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Still no comment from the taxman, here or on Facebook. Is he on a bender, weeping at his mom’s house, or remaining silent under legal advisement, you reckon?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

mysterious frankie posted:

Still no comment from the taxman, here or on Facebook. Is he on a bender, weeping at his mom’s house, or remaining silent under legal advisement, you reckon?

Hes hoping if he's quiet this will all go away

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

maybe the real “Something Awful” was the friends we made along the way?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

mysterious frankie posted:

If I had to guess, the attorney handling custody of his third kid told him to shut the gently caress up or else they’re dumping him as a client. He’s probably screwed his chances of getting custody.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

Just like the last two times.maybe he'll do another sub purge in an attempt to distract

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Zipperelli. posted:

He can’t be that stu..pi... erm

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i wonder who the last holdouts are weekend crew people who dont post anymore and are too rich to bother paying attention to their patreon possibly games posters that seems like the biggest forum by far that wouldnt have an obvious reason to talk about this

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Some Guy TT posted:

i wonder who the last holdouts are weekend crew people who dont post anymore and are too rich to bother paying attention to their patreon possibly games posters that seems like the biggest forum by far that wouldnt have an obvious reason to talk about this

I don’t know if there’s a specific way to tell that from our end, tbh.

I don’t think there’s any going back to normal though. If Lowtax refuses to either step down or sell, either we try to make an “official” successor and abandon ship, or we simply turn the proverbial lights out when we leave and let the place be a ruin. I, personally, won’t stay if Lowtax does. I haven’t seen a mod disagree with that sentiment.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

cumshitter posted:

A new life awaits you on the offsite forums. A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

when are mods going to start shutting down threads that aren't about offsites and how much lowtax sucks?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

Just like the last two times.maybe he'll do another sub purge in an attempt to distract

He'll take out the noncontents first before purging the sub

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
someone in QCS suggested unbanning everyone who was permabanned and it's a really funny idea if probably unfeasible

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BioMe posted:

when are mods going to start shutting down threads that aren't about offsites and how much lowtax sucks?

I dunno. most of the mods have just kind of given up on doing stuff right now.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I don't have the time, technical knowhow, or business sense to run a site 1/10th the size of SA, but I am extremely online and probably very easily corrupted by power. please give me the forums.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

*an extremely youthful, refreshed looking cumshitter on a billboard puts a pill or a small morsel of food or whatever in his mouth*

or whatever :thunk:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i'd hoped that i would feel better in the morning, but nope, everything about this is still making me feel sad and tired

poo poo sucks, man :smith:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Number go down??

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

GrimGypsy posted:

I don't have the time, technical knowhow, or business sense to run a site 1/10th the size of SA, but I am extremely online and probably very easily corrupted by power. please give me the forums.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
lol i suspected he was just a complete dumpster fire irl because of the ridiculous stream of drama he has produced over the years

but wow. ffs

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Wamsutta posted:

Once you get your settings right on BnR posting there really feels like home tbh

My recco: make text smaller, use light minimalist layout, and hide all the sidebar/menu bars and poo poo for full widescreen trump posting

ty these really make a differenc

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
if im in lowtaxes shoes, id take a payoff and walk away, versus holding on to an even deader than now gay comedy forum. especially with his patreon dwindling by the hour.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Lightning Knight posted:

Thats probably for the best.take care of yourselves LK and e-kick burt in the nads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

is there no plan to set up an alt site yet?