Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

suction posted:

Any private server yet ?

This. If City Of Heroes taught us anything, it's that there's a private server out there, goons are playing on it, and you need to drag that info out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Switch Flipper is still furloughed due to Coronavirus shutdown. In-game clock has now been stuck at 2:41 for 2 full months as there is no one to manually update it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Ez joke follow up: At least it's right twice a day now!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Saint Freak posted:

Switch Flipper is still furloughed due to Coronavirus shutdown.
If you think about it, though, is there a safer place to be when it comes to the virus than whatever dusty, remote basement they keep that switch in?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

If you think about it, though, is there a safer place to be when it comes to the virus than whatever dusty, remote basement they keep that switch in?

switchflipper doesnt even know about the virus. been stuck inside that wall since 2014

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Switchflipper, or Gaz Van Winkle

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

maining minecraft steve on the private server. the soul arrow/harp crossbow build is definitely getting nerfed but until it does im gonna farm so many goks

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The reason no one have access to the private server is because it maintains a precise number of users and a new user can’t be added until one of the old users has been randomly selected to serve as the switch flipper. They are then sealed into their home and switch flip until they die. I mean, in theory. That’s what I would imagine would be the process if there was a private server. Hypothetically.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

Sheetz is a gas station convenience store that over the years has been spreading out into things like fast food and working with local breweries to make special craft beers. They're like Wawa's but with more puns. They're all over the place here in PA.

Sheetz revealed a new kind of beer recently.

Sheetz no

Sheetz stop

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
The best part of the gas station food debate of Sheetz vs Wawa was non-US goons getting extremely confused by it.

A firm supporter of Sheetz basically summed up their stance as " you can order anything, and then get anything else put on top of it...and they'll do it"

Also Thing Burger, to pure for this world.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Thank god the private server only allows Wawa fans

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm in the US and I've never heard of either institution.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

same, until this thread

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Same but I bet we three are not East coaster scumbags either

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I had also never heard of these places until ICR came staggering in during my second cosmic to talk about them

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
They’re both pretty big in NJ/MD/PA, I don’t think you’ll find them outside the northeast.

QuikCheck is the one true gas station for food, anyway.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Royal Farms is the one true king but I have had to deal with sheetz long enough that I figured out what has a smaller chance of making me get the runs so its cool

Wawa has not only gone far down in quality they just dont offer nearly as many options

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Turns out the only thing that could kill this thread is the forum sinking around it.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Yeah, may as well post the private server before we all lose contact. Gimme a sec, gotta dig up a link for the verification discord.

e: ok was not expecting that level of response, had to edit out the sign up for a sec while we sort through all this. see yall in the :deadgame:

Mover fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 24, 2020

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Gotta get a post in before this poo poo burns to the ground. See you guys occasionally in discord I guess.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

where is the switch flipper in our time of need

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Only the Switch Flipper, master of all 75 in-game currencies, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON posted:

new thread for a dead game? mods?

3 years ago smh

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I heard 2020 is all trials to see if we deserve Marvel Heroes back and if we can just make it to December the switch flipper will rise once again and flip that switch back to on.

uniform and loot box prices are doubling though, switch flipper gotta eat

feels like just yesterday marvel heroes and avengers academy and <insert your favorite bad dead old marvel game here> closed down. Good thing Future Fight will still be running and bringing us quality patches in 2030 and beyond.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
These forums never went cosmic. Scrub tier. Not impressed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Doop bless us in this time of crisis.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Let's start a Minecraft Dungeons guild

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Marvel Heroes: Forum Dead So What. But Seriously Forum Dead, Mods Gone. RIP

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ill see you all at the wyld 130 in asphalt 9

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Saint Freak posted:

Turns out the only thing that could kill this thread is the forum sinking around it.
Never go full Hank Pym.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

MMAgCh posted:

Never go full Hank Pym.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Flip the switch on this sucker.

hexate
Sep 13, 2012

What do you mean it's not Tom Cruise?

:gaz: :gaz: :gaz: :gaz: :gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

twenty one Doom salute to this thread and forum

what is dead may never die

hexate fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jun 25, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The forums aren't going away.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I mean, posting has already sharply dropped in all the threads I have favourited and Lowtax's patreon income got dumpstered. Don't know how many people are just obligatory not posting right now and how many have truly left for good. Either way, I doubt the community will be the same after everything settles.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Preorders just opened for Marvel's Avengers. How is this game not Marvel Heroes please?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
It seems third-person and lifeless. Anticipating medium-high review scores followed by a quickly declining player count.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jedit posted:

Preorders just opened for Marvel's Avengers. How is this game not Marvel Heroes please?

I’m gonna do the opposite of what I normally do (minus buying it. Of course I’m buying it).

- the game has been delayed twice
- gameplay has been very minimal, QTE stuff and mechanics have barely been explained when the game should have already been released
- it’s made by Crystal Dynamics, which you gotta be cautious on
- the graphics are too crisp. You and I both know those are gonna get axed down
- it feels like Anthem

Beware. We need a ton more info. I am supremely interested in following the game though and I hope it’s good. But seeing some of the gear and skill screens, it’s looking half-assed and that’s troubling.

We are also in a pandemic. And I don’t know what effect that may have on development.

That’s as rational as it’s gonna be. Back to farting and eating Reese pieces these things are so good y’all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
thank you for farting