Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Me too please. Feels like we're on the sinking ship of the Titanic.

... That probably should have been a Star Trek reference...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Today I learned that Discord invites aren't just links to the chat room, they have expiration dates. And so all the links that I carefully copy-pasted into a doc yesterday to mass-join today when I had time to figure out this newfangled Discord thing, are now invalid. :suicide:

Brother can you spare another invite?

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Powered Descent posted:

Today I learned that Discord invites aren't just links to the chat room, they have expiration dates. And so all the links that I carefully copy-pasted into a doc yesterday to mass-join today when I had time to figure out this newfangled Discord thing, are now invalid. :suicide:

Brother can you spare another invite?

um, what other discords are there?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Nullsmack posted:

um, what other discords are there?

There's almost 100 I believe, I'm in one for Sci-fi, The Dorkroom, and US POL.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I believe there's an option in discord you can set so the invites don't expire

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

lmao, I don't think I saw this one before

lotta things you could put in there now :smith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I had no idea the invites expired so I'd like another one if possible

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Oh, hey, the reset button got hit, we can just go back to everything as if it was an episode of voyager

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
thats a little bit of TVIV star trek thread humor for ya'

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

This is the part where we all gather on the bridge and share a laugh as the end credits music plays (and Jeffrey of YOSPOS at Spock's console looks deeply concerned)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jeffrey has to explain the linear nature of time to the wormhole aliens in order to get them to help him remove the load-bearing slurs.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

You see, the forums are like...they're like baseball!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

WilWheaton posted:

Oh, hey, the reset button got hit, we can just go back to everything as if it was an episode of voyager

You always had FARK to fall back on!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I just hit the Voyager episode where Kes is going through the Ocampan version of puberty and between this and the subsequent episodes where Paris is lusting over her (with a big plotpoint being her second birthday party) oh boy. :aatrek:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
"what is this ... shitposting?"

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Drone posted:

This is the part where we all gather on the bridge and share a laugh as the end credits music plays (and Jeffrey of YOSPOS at Spock's console looks deeply concerned)

The most fitting 'concerned' face of Spock

Thanks for the invite btw!

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

And just like the episode where O'Brien suffers 20 years of trauma in an instant, we'll never mention it again.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Future's End parts 1 and 2 are still decent episodes. I still think that a better show would have added Sarah Silverman to the cast in addition to the new mobile emitter for the Doctor.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

womb with a view posted:

And just like the episode where O'Brien suffers 20 years of trauma in an instant, we'll never mention it again.

Forgotten, just like O'Brien's pet tarantula.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Drone posted:

Forgotten, just like O'Brien's pet tarantula.

Do you think Keiko got rid of it, or did Chester try to eat it?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Eighties ZomCom posted:

Do you think Keiko got rid of it, or did Chester try to eat it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Carry on, number one.

<number one continues to poop next to the vines>

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

8one6 posted:

Future's End parts 1 and 2 are still decent episodes. I still think that a better show would have added Sarah Silverman to the cast in addition to the new mobile emitter for the Doctor.

Sarah Silverman should have undergone a transformation into The Doctor like Fred in Angel

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The announcement simply says he has agreed in principle, nothing is concrete yet. Could all still go pear shaped.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The announcement simply says he has agreed in principle, nothing is concrete yet. Could all still go pear shaped.

Thus solving the problem once and for all.

"but-"

ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

8one6 posted:

According to Memory Alpha, they wanted to bring her in, but Rick Berman (surprise!) said no.

Of course, given when they did bring in new crew members, they were immediately forgotten. Equinox who?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

loving rick berman

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

AntherUslessPoster posted:

loving rick berman
RLM was always on point with the ‘gently caress You Rick Berman’

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I dunno, would you really want to sentence Sarah Silverman to a lifetime of convention appearances?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M40T475T7R4

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Ah yes, Dr. Dalen Quaice's breother, Delegate Galen Quaice

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

FlamingLiberal posted:

RLM was always on point with the ‘gently caress You Rick Berman’

That's gonna be the one and only thing I agree with them then

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Just watched The Ensigns of Command, doing a quarantine watch

Genuinely love that the crew of the Enterprise basically go 'wtf? This is way out of out jurisdiction' and peace out at the end.

I love TNG so much.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
Where is the image with the spoiler free rating and summary of every DS9? Thanks

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I dunno, would you really want to sentence Sarah Silverman to a lifetime of convention appearances?

dont you make a shitload of money at those things? I know Shatner charges 100 bucks a pop and the lineups for him are huge. he probably makes travel costs in three hours.

8one6
May 20, 2012

There are a decent number of actors who make an ok to decent living doing conventions. Not everyone though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqe-mr_zBdg&t=470s

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 27, 2020

8one6
May 20, 2012

VOY S3 e10 Warlord
Jennifer Lein does a pretty good job with the not much there scrip.

VOY S3 e11 The Q and the Grey
Q episodes are always fun. I wonder if Q made his offer to Picard first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

8one6 posted:

There are a decent number of actors who make an ok to decent living doing conventions. Not everyone though.

James Doohan said that he could have retired simply on the money he made from doing conventions and university / college appearances in the 1970s.

Also, regarding people of the stature like Shatner, T&E is covered by the convention organizer.