Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer
JUST SELL TO loving JEFFREY OF YOSPOS

snoipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Tiler Kiwi posted:

posthumous

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

garfield hentai posted:

lol ok, lowtax goes out of his way to specifically target people who he knows are emotionally vulnerable so he can manipulate them then throw them under the bus by pointing to their mental illness as a way to exonerate himself from any wrongdoing, therefore both people are really at fault here, got it

Lol you guys are out for blood

This is exactly what I mean, he’s not shacking up with a normal person, because a normal person would tell a webmaster in 2020 to gently caress off, not shack up

Not saying she’s not a victim but thanks for wishing for my death guys

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Tiler Kiwi posted:

posthumous

Pretty much the only way the forums can be salvaged and even then people like reene have the keys so lmao

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Squalid posted:

i know things are weird but right now but for people looking somewhere you can just post about video games or history or w/e here's one more discord to add to the pile: https://discord.gg/xy2wEd

Uh your background of your discord is literally Hitler. Wtf

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

oxsnard posted:

lowtax: jump in front of a train you absolutely waste of oxygen

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

QUEER FRASIER posted:

what sort of disposition are people hoping to see from Lowtax when he finally shows up? I feel like we’re most likely to get some disingenuous spiraling/pity-party bullshit soon to be followed by mass bannings, but for maximum comedy I’d love to see him show up doing some sort of puppetmaster routine

I'm hoping everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) tells him to get hosed and he proceeds to gently caress off after realising he can't ban the entire forum user base, personally.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

what sort of disposition are people hoping to see from Lowtax when he finally shows up? I feel like we’re most likely to get some disingenuous spiraling/pity-party bullshit soon to be followed by mass bannings, but for maximum comedy I’d love to see him show up doing some sort of puppetmaster routine

something funny either from absurdity or patheticness

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

dex_sda posted:

just curious, what was the other one? coz that doesn't narrow it down

Neogaf.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

QUEER FRASIER posted:

i think he'll be pretty hangry

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

QUEER FRASIER posted:

I expect he'll just act like a persecuted loser because his brain is too addled to ever acknowledge his own failure, and given how we've treated the unhinged over the years I'm trying to decide if it's ironic or not

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
So it was coerced? drat that video was depressing. Also the MRA response from lowtax, jfc.

Shania Twain
Aug 25, 2008

cum posted:

goons never cease to amaze me at playing psychoanalysis experts

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

QUEER FRASIER posted:

i mean hes been responding to random people messaging him on facebook with "IVE NEVER BEEN CONVICTED OF ANYTHING" and "PROVE IT" over and over again, so, probably that

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

So it was coerced? drat that video was depressing. Also the MRA response from lowtax, jfc.

where's the lowtax response i didn't see it

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

THANK YOU L-A-B CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

literally a bird is a hero

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Valleyant posted:

Please consider the following:

Shut the gently caress up you toad

it's entirely valid to be worried about his kids right now but the solution isn't to give him money because it's well established at this point that he blows it all on bullshit for himself

really there's nothing to be done on that front other than contributing to anything that his ex-wife sets up, if she chooses to do so

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Hi, I'm anattorney that has had to deal with exactly this type shitbag. When his ability to control the victim and the narrative officially slip from his control is when the real fireworks start.

I remember one dude who, after being barred from going near his house started volunteering to mow the HOA owned grass next door and trying to gaslight everyone with "all I'm doing is being a good neighbor." It didn't work because we aren't morons and he was arrested for "being a good neighbor." Unfortunately the judge was a moron and let him post bail so two hours later he drunkenly crashed his truck into her garage and sat in the car cradling a .45 for an hour before they sent a dog to drag him out by his face.

This poor girl needs to get as far away as possible as quickly as possible.

Yeah but isn't some scumbag getting dragged out of his car by a dog biting his face off the sort of police overreach we can all get behind these days?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Permabanned

Which on that note, does anyone know if he actually bothered hardening his account against that?

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

LifeSunDeath posted:

lol if you couldn't read the morse code in the vid

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Literally A Bird kicks rear end.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Hi, I'm anattorney that has had to deal with exactly this type shitbag. When his ability to control the victim and the narrative officially slip from his control is when the real fireworks start.

I remember one dude who, after being barred from going near his house started volunteering to mow the HOA owned grass next door and trying to gaslight everyone with "all I'm doing is being a good neighbor." It didn't work because we aren't morons and he was arrested for "being a good neighbor." Unfortunately the judge was a moron and let him post bail so two hours later he drunkenly crashed his truck into her garage and sat in the car cradling a .45 for an hour before they sent a dog to drag him out by his face.

This poor girl needs to get as far away as possible as quickly as possible.
Do you think it’s safe for her to go to the airport alone?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
So like can Lowtax get locked up please? This poo poo is getting way toooooo dark for the yikeseroo tag originally applied to this thread

Choose
Feb 15, 2020

The reason offsides fail is everyone sees it as "their chance" to get what they want like a bunch of sharks. SA is a delicate ecosystem where nobody really gets what they want.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

is Jeffrey rich?

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/YIps39n.jpg:nws:

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

We are now safely in "yikesarooney" territory

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

thanks for wishing for my death guys

:cheers:

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Obeah posted:

Update for posters w/ lives just joining in.

:siren:Primer/Refresher for Anyone Interested:siren:

This is/was an admin and marketing consultant for SA who, for a time, lived with Lowtax after meeting him during the collapse of his previous marriage.

She retracted her claims, though the veracity of this retraction is... suspect for a variety of reasons.

Warning: very uncomfortable video.
https://www.facebook.com/1503357396/videos/10216979537629666/

:siren:UPDATE: To the surprise of no one anywhere, it turns out Logan was coerced into her retraction.:siren:

I've been dunking on the mod/admin team a lot, but kudos to the ones who actually used their resources to help her, Literally a Bird in particular.

Another major issue regarding Lowtax and the administration's attitudes towards domestic violence are the unhealthy relationships Lowtax has had with the women in his life over the years, and his constant shifting of blame anytime anything relating to them comes to the forum's attention. Perhaps the most damning examples are the very, very recent (as of this year) abuse claims and custody issues Lowtax has been contending with.

Lowtax posted a large thread detailing his side of the story. Anyone looking to question him was... not treated well. The same went for anyone donating to the GoFundMe of his wife (well-liked user LadyAmbien), who had taken refuge in a women's shelter.

And the lengthier reports here:

https://twitter.com/H3yY0000/status/1276000545451446273

https://twitter.com/H3yY0000/status/1276000546902749185

https://twitter.com/H3yY0000/status/1276000548341374979

When goons finally came to their senses and were free to wonder what the gently caress was up with this bullshit, mods/admins involved had the following things to say.

Look, a primary part of why we probated and banned people for contesting Lowtax's claims of a wife conspiracy were to protect those wives' right to privacy in the thread where their abusive ex-husband repeatedly and confidently posted details regarding their private lives and legal stituation.

And Burt's very respectable response!

It is not yet apparent if the forums will be deleted, censored, sold, or handed over. Existing offsites, discord groups, etc. are popping in to welcome new people. New ones are being created. There isn't much consensus as to which of these are the most likely or preferable outcomes. A lot of us are just wanting to say our peace and will play it by ear afterwards. I expect to be banned in all likelihood.

Do what you want. My advice is this: unsubscribe from Lowtax's patreon, stop spending money on the forums completely and most importantly:

:siren: Donate! To RAINN! :siren:

https://donate.rainn.org/donate
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929249

All of this brought to you by

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

JakeP posted:

So like can Lowtax get locked up please? This poo poo is getting way toooooo dark for the yikeseroo tag originally applied to this thread

the odds of a domestic abuser being arrested by their people, the police, is pretty low!

40% of cops beat their wives

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

JakeP posted:

yeah but every time i read the word "yikeseroo" it makes me smile a little so it's pretty much all thats keeping me together at this point

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Frontpage was never funny.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

glad Logan is okay.

anyone remember that college presentation that blowtax did with some extremely cringey power point presentation and then got into an argument with the faculty in the audience about how it was funny and good to use the word human being in an internet context because it just meant "lame"?

the absolute moron then posted said video for us to cheer him on?

lowtax you are an absolute failure of a human being. wrap your car around a tree.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

interesting

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Accretionist posted:

Right now, they're approving everyone. Just register and you'll be queued up. (They got to me in like 30 minutes but I registered in the evening)

edit: Looks like they've picked up a few thousand active goons since yesterday morning, drat.
30 mins? drat. How I don't pass their political screening, I'd even be postin in CSPAM man

this revolutions sucks

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
we all know he's going to have a legit meltdown as per usual and double down into men can't catch a break lately nonsense.

he'll purge the forums and double down on covering his own rear end even more

dudes predictable

khy
Aug 15, 2005

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Well in terms of proceeding with the forums, I want him to say "Ok, I'm handing over control of the forums to someone else" and then he walks away from SA and we don't have to deal with his bullshit again.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Can I get an invite code for breadnroses? pm plz

edit: nvm maybe i don't need it