Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

So 100/$1.00 Steam points are just a permanent thing now? Or you can earn them from community stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

haldolium posted:

I just finished Detroit and can say it's a good game, BUT... Quantic Dream should work with Robert Kurvitz for all words in their games and use their amazing game engine technology for once with uncringy scripts and dialogues. The idea of their games exceeds their capability of writing constantly.

Yeah I guess your enjoyment of the game will depend heavily on your ability to forgive schlocky writing. I'm in the middle of rewatching Smallville so I'm evidently immune to cringey scripts and dialogues to a certain extent.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Gotta say, I think the animated backgrounds are pretty cool

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Anyone has played Dragon Ball Z Kakarot? I've just finished watching Dragon Ball Z Abridged (by Team4Stars) and enjoyed it so much that I want more. I heard combat is fairly similar to Xenoverse and I found that pretty enjoyable except the targeting/camera against multiple opponents, which was a nightmare.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

Already having trouble buying stuff.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Anno posted:

So 100/$1.00 Steam points are just a permanent thing now? Or you can earn them from community stuff.

Retroactive too. I'm sittin at 100k points

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m trying to get the rear end Creed games but it says rear end Creed 3 is no longer available on Steam by request of the publisher...

WTF!
:saddowns:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Eat The Rich posted:

Geez, I'm only at 7k

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

And now I can't load anything. It has truly begun :allears:

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Angry Lobster posted:

Anyone has played Dragon Ball Z Kakarot? I've just finished watching Dragon Ball Z Abridged (by Team4Stars) and enjoyed it so much that I want more. I heard combat is fairly similar to Xenoverse and I found that pretty enjoyable except the targeting/camera against multiple opponents, which was a nightmare.

It's fairly standard. Most DBZ games are really similar. If you want to play through the same familiar storyline then Kakarot has the most complete version I think.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I guess its just the site being fucky but I tried to buy something and now I have 0 points lol

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

well I'm excited to get to buy a game in a day or so

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Groupees serves different kinds of bundle, but I'm particularly fond of their music bundles. There's now one with music inspired by Bloodborne.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Zeron posted:

It's fairly standard. Most DBZ games are really similar. If you want to play through the same familiar storyline then Kakarot has the most complete version I think.

I don't have much experience with modern DBZ games, but yeah, from the footage I've seen it seems to be like Xenoverse with the traditional storyline and a semi open-world with side activities.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

well the client has decided to log me out

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Shadow225 posted:

Think we'll do a gift train this sale?
I have a lot of fascinating thoughts on the matter.

As far as I can see, the options for the forums in general are as follows:

1. An anracho-syndicalist takeover of the forums by the modmin team. The community governs the community, Lowtax is thrown into the Uwe Boll pit, there is great rejoicing. A glorious victory for all that is good and just.

This option appeals to my deep-seated need to do and change absolutely nothing for some kind of stability in these trying times.

We have a gift train in celebration, the ewok song play in the background.

2. The above doesn't happen. Every single sub-forum splits off and dies an inglorious death. The forums proper are overrun by the sort of people who don't have a problem hanging out on a forum run by and for a wifebeater. Evil triumphs.

This seems slightly more likely...

But you know what? gently caress it. We can have a gift train to celebrate the good times before we all walk away while the forums burn behind us. Viking style, except less tainted by alt-right associations. Glorious rear end Creed vikings.

We're currently in a quantum flux between the two states, so we might as well have a gift train for both reasons.

(I may just have an addiction to gifting people on steam)

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Cardiovorax posted:

I have played Chains of Satinav, which is their previous game in the Dark Eye series of adventure games, and I can personally recommend that one. It was a really nice exploration of a weird and detailed fantasy world that I know basically nothing about. Gorgeous artwork, too.

I was thinking of picking up at least one of those games, but now that they're - let me check... 90% off... yeah, I think I'll get both of those, once Steam actually allows me to do so. But I'll pass on the "Dark Eye Universe" bundle which comes with Blackguard, which is apparently terrible.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Wasn't sure if I was gonna run the train or not. I really, really don't wanna lose this community, but I can't see that moving will work.

You guys want a train? I'm happy to run it. Just been holding back a little to see where things go...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m trying to get the rear end Creed games but it says rear end Creed 3 is no longer available on Steam by request of the publisher...

WTF!
:saddowns:

Yeah I think it's gone forever since they released the remaster. You can't even play it if you bought it in the past (I know, I tried) it has been memory holed. Very lame, especially since the remaster isn't very good

Zeron posted:

Do you know how far into DBZ Kakarot gets? The screenshots on steam don't show anything past Frieza I don't think, which is where I stopped watching as a teen when it was on Toonami.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I think it's gone forever since they released the remaster. You can't even play it if you bought it in the past (I know, I tried) it has been memory holed. Very lame, especially since the remaster isn't very good

Saw the remaster on Ubi’s website for $20, gently caress that. It’s gonna be a while before I get to that game anyway, I’m starting from the first. I’ll decide whether to bother or not at that time.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ainsley McTree posted:

Do you know how far into DBZ Kakarot gets? The screenshots on steam don't show anything past Frieza I don't think, which is where I stopped watching as a teen when it was on Toonami.

Up to the end of Buu, so basically all of Z.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Nettle Soup posted:

Wasn't sure if I was gonna run the train or not. I really, really don't wanna lose this community, but I can't see that moving will work.

You guys want a train? I'm happy to run it. Just been holding back a little to see where things go...

I really want a train, provided that you won't mind if I bail on SA if lowtax is still here by the time this drama shakes out.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

Through the end of DBZ (Buu) currently, with possibly more as dlc.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

For what it's worth if you'd launched your Steam copy of AC3 in days gone past your Uplay account is still credited and can play the old version.

But yeah, poo poo out of luck otherwise.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I have the game for PS4 and it has all the main story arcs from DBZ: Saiyan, Frieza, Cell and Majin Buu. I haven’t played the DLC but I believe it does the Battle of the Gods arc from Dragonball Super.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Xander77 posted:

I have a lot of fascinating thoughts on the matter.

As far as I can see, the options for the forums in general are as follows:

1. An anracho-syndicalist takeover of the forums by the modmin team. The community governs the community, Lowtax is thrown into the Uwe Boll pit, there is great rejoicing. A glorious victory for all that is good and just.

This option appeals to my deep-seated need to do and change absolutely nothing for some kind of stability in these trying times.

We have a gift train in celebration, the ewok song play in the background.

2. The above doesn't happen. Every single sub-forum splits off and dies an inglorious death. The forums proper are overrun by the sort of people who don't have a problem hanging out on a forum run by and for a wifebeater. Evil triumphs.

This seems slightly more likely...

But you know what? gently caress it. We can have a gift train to celebrate the good times before we all walk away while the forums burn behind us. Viking style, except less tainted by alt-right associations. Glorious rear end Creed vikings.

We're currently in a quantum flux between the two states, so we might as well have a gift train for both reasons.

(I may just have an addiction to gifting people on steam)

I think we gift train to celebrate your fascinating thoughts

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Saw the remaster on Ubi’s website for $20, gently caress that. It’s gonna be a while before I get to that game anyway, I’m starting from the first. I’ll decide whether to bother or not at that time.

$20 is probably the max I'd say that game is worth at this point, and I'd still say don't buy it just to not give them the satisfaction. Honestly I'd even say skip 3 and play everything else and then if you're still craving more, give 3 a shot, it's not that good.

Justin_Brett posted:

Up to the end of Buu, so basically all of Z.

Nice, glad to hear it.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Eat The Rich posted:

If I had to guess it is probably retroactive to the last big sale, or something. Judging by the points I have.

The reason people miss the old sales, and the flash sales, and the reason there was such FOMO at the time, is that Steam would gently caress up all the time. The first set of prices in a sale was guaranteed to have some completely underpriced gems, and then every other batch of flash sales was accidentally 90% off instead of 10%.

It was a glorious time.

Even if we had Flash sales now I doubt they would screw prices up as often. That era is sadly over.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Ainsley McTree posted:

$20 is probably the max I'd say that game is worth at this point, and I'd still say don't buy it just to not give them the satisfaction. Honestly I'd even say skip 3 and play everything else and then if you're still craving more, give 3 a shot, it's not that good.

From what little I played of 3, it seems like you're better off just watching a cutscene compliation on youtube.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hey guys, looking for some recommendations for my sister. She's very new when it comes to PC gaming and her PC is sorta low-end (no GPU, i3 8100, 8gb ram). She loves games that are relaxing, heavy on narrative and/or exploration, the natural world (especially plants) and complex puzzles. Some stuff she's loved: the whole Zachtronics catalogue, Sunless Skies, Minecraft, Morels: The Hunt, My Time at Portia. Any ideas?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I'm trying to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but this ridiculous plot, the constant ancient MacGuffins that power the long-dormant machines designed to, I guess, create awkward ways of climbing to higher altitudes within their mystery caves, and Lara interpreting Mayan crayon drawings are things that worked just fine in 1996 when she had all of sixteen polygons. When the graphics approach this level of fidelity and the presentation has this kind of production value, all that lazy C-grade Indiana Jones stuff just feels weird. There's so much here that is great, the graphics, the engine (except for the constant goddamn loving ledges that look like other ledges that you could climb earlier but oops no not these ledges; and similarly the ground that's a bit out of the way but looks like other ground but actually you're not supposed to touch this ground so you die immediately), the combat, but every time a cutscene begins I'm just waiting for it to be over.

credburn fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 25, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Azran posted:

Hey guys, looking for some recommendations for my sister. She's very new when it comes to PC gaming and her PC is sorta low-end (no GPU, i3 8100, 8gb ram). She loves games that are relaxing, heavy on narrative and/or exploration, the natural world (especially plants) and complex puzzles. Some stuff she's loved: the whole Zachtronics catalogue, Sunless Skies, Minecraft, Morels: The Hunt, My Time at Portia. Any ideas?

Surely you've played Stardew Valley, but I might as well recommend it anyway.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Here goons enjoy, please try and post if you take one.

Ag* of Wond*rs III - 8Y*HP-ZI3YT-*KKPZ
Broken A*e - 9DKN*-WFMJ8-0L6VH
Darkest Du*geo* Shieldbreaker DLC - 9WE9L-4E3J0-TT24*
FT* (faster than...) - 9KK98-6QXHJ-E7*MD
Ki*gdom Classic - 993T*-MCLGW-3BY7H
This War of *ine - A93XA-K0AZX-V*K2Q

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Hold up...rear end Creed Odyssey Ultimate edition includes it!!!

WTF :psyduck:

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Lol, these Steam Points are here to stay, now and forever. That's why there's so many of these dumb stickers.

Valve just introduced premium currency into Steam, guys.

2020 is truly cursed.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 25, 2020

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

TheManWithNoName posted:

Here goons enjoy, please try and post if you take one.

This War of *ine - A93XA-K0AZX-V*K2Q

Thank you for This War of Mine!

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007
Whatever happens, I've enjoyed reading everyone's opinions on video games.

Is X4 worth getting yet?

Azran posted:

If she liked Sunless try Cultist Simulator

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

If I'm a Skyrim addict who has been through Bleak Fall Barrow countless times, would I like Fallout 4? I remember liking Fallout 3 and NV. Is the modding scene robust?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

LewdMonocle posted:

Whatever happens, I've enjoyed reading everyone's opinions on video games.

Is X4 worth getting yet?

If she liked Sunless try Cultist Simulator

Lord no, don't buy Cultist Simulator, it's made by a predator named Alexis Kennedy.

Get House of Doors instead, or Sunless Skies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

ErrEff posted:

Lol, these Steam Points are here to stay, now and forever. That's why there's so many of these dumb stickers.

Valve just introduced premium currency into Steam, guys.

2020 is truly cursed.

I pimped out my profile page and that's about it.