Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Store seems mostly stable now, one hour in exactly like everybody said...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Azran posted:

Hey guys, looking for some recommendations for my sister. She's very new when it comes to PC gaming and her PC is sorta low-end (no GPU, i3 8100, 8gb ram). She loves games that are relaxing, heavy on narrative and/or exploration, the natural world (especially plants) and complex puzzles. Some stuff she's loved: the whole Zachtronics catalogue, Sunless Skies, Minecraft, Morels: The Hunt, My Time at Portia. Any ideas?

Abzu and outer wilds - would need to investigate to confirm whether they work on that hardware though

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Azran posted:

Hey guys, looking for some recommendations for my sister. She's very new when it comes to PC gaming and her PC is sorta low-end (no GPU, i3 8100, 8gb ram). She loves games that are relaxing, heavy on narrative and/or exploration, the natural world (especially plants) and complex puzzles. Some stuff she's loved: the whole Zachtronics catalogue, Sunless Skies, Minecraft, Morels: The Hunt, My Time at Portia. Any ideas?

These might be worth looking into, maybe:

Waking Mars
A House of Many Doors
Knytt Underground
Pixeljunk Eden
Morphopolis
Echo of the Wilds

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
It's really cool how there's a huge fuckoff banner on every single page telling me I can save $6 on every $35 spent, thanks Gabe Gorhill!

So what's the gimmick this sale? Is there a badge?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Akarshi posted:

If I'm a Skyrim addict who has been through Bleak Fall Barrow countless times, would I like Fallout 4? I remember liking Fallout 3 and NV. Is the modding scene robust?

If you liked Fallout 3 you'll like 4 almost certainly. As for modding, it's a decent scene but doesn't have quite the variety Skyrim etc have. There's a few big mods, but most mods either simple or hilariously overbloated (Horizon, Sim Settlements, Armorsmith Expanded). FO4 has probably the "best" vanilla gameplay of the Bethesda games so you don't really need mods tbh.

As far as the DLC, they're fun if you want more of the game but none really give you anything at the beginning so you might as well play for the refund period and see how you like it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Im_Special posted:

It's really cool how there's a huge fuckoff banner on every single page telling me I can save $6 on every $35 spent, thanks Gabe Gorhill!

Doesn't seem to be a gimmick you just buy the badge with points and click the banner every day for a free sticker

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Im_Special posted:

"Free" points you use to upvote user content and buy gifs and jpegs.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Im_Special posted:

The gimmick is 'give us money'. I'm not even being glib, this time there's no voting or clicking or whatever for a free trading card per day, you give them money and get a random sale card in return.

So toss 'steam points' onto the garbage pile along with upvotes, gems, cards, emoticons, stickers, profile pic backgrounds, those single-use chat effects, and probably something else long-forgotten that I'm missing

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

TRAIN IS UP

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
That's good about no gimmick, I have no time for that poo poo anymore, I just want to check my wishlist once, then move on without feeling like I'm missing out on some "event".

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I bought the gold profile thing just to spend some of the points, there is literally no point for any of these stickers but I guess its nice to be given free virtual stuff with purchases.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

ErrEff posted:

Lol, these Steam Points are here to stay, now and forever. That's why there's so many of these dumb stickers.

Valve just introduced premium currency into Steam, guys.

2020 is truly cursed.

Seems closer to the reddit "awards" that people buy and place on threads they like. It's a way to make a game out of people making guides, posting screenshots, and making reviews with an extra incentive from the "community" of each game to push it. They're working really hard to make an ecosystem here that you can't get from competitors. It has the secondary benefit of being the catch-all currency they can give away for free during event sales (instead of games or cards that can be farmed and sold for cash).

Kinda sucks that there really isn't much of a special event this year. The grand prix was such a fiasco that they're just not bothering.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Akarshi posted:

If I'm a Skyrim addict who has been through Bleak Fall Barrow countless times, would I like Fallout 4? I remember liking Fallout 3 and NV. Is the modding scene robust?

I'd even so bold as to suggest Fallout 76. Now that they've added NPCs I'd say its better than Fallout 3 at this point. 3 just feels so basic.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Any other good ~$1 games to push over into $30 for the $5 coupon? Sitting at $29 with a few things so far. I saw Sonic Generations, which eh sure, but curious if anything else in that price ballpark.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ugh, I added to my cart all the stuff I want and it’s $180 when my budget was $100. Gonna have to trim but it’s so hard too...

:saddowns:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'd link to English Country Tune myself but steam is dead. Still, it's a cheap and cool puzzle game for a dollar

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Ugh, I added to my cart all the stuff I want and it’s $180 when my budget was $100. Gonna have to trim but it’s so hard too...

:saddowns:

Show us your cart!!!

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

roomtwofifteen posted:

Any other good ~$1 games to push over into $30 for the $5 coupon? Sitting at $29 with a few things so far. I saw Sonic Generations, which eh sure, but curious if anything else in that price ballpark.

Treasure Adventure World!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

:gifttank: Train Thread is up! :gifttank:

Moon Hunters at 85% off is probably one of the few things I'm going to buy myself this sale. I was almost considering it at full price the other day.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

credburn posted:

I'm trying to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but this ridiculous plot, the constant ancient MacGuffins

I am currently playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider right now, and if it wasn't for the cool tomb raiding and parkour and equipment upgrading and weapons and poo poo, I would have severed a long time ago. The writers aren't doing a very good job of getting me to sympathize with Lara. Most of the time at the end of each cut-scene I'm like "it's just a trinket dummy." I get I should probably suspend my disbelief in a vidya game, but even the voice actress isn't making it any easier to do so.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Store seems mostly stable now, one hour in exactly like everybody said...

Still unstable for me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My wishlist is broken :mad:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Leal posted:

My wishlist is broken :mad:

I just kept reloading and it eventually worked

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hey I know we're staring at steam but there's a new announcement up about the future of the forums, take a look.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Im_Special posted:

Isn't it only once?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Animated Geralt stickers are beautiful and if you don’t like it maybe you need a hug

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Is anyone else's check out not working? I've tried both a debit and credit card and I get the same error.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Stokes posted:

I am currently playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider right now, and if it wasn't for the cool tomb raiding and parkour and equipment upgrading and weapons and poo poo, I would have severed a long time ago. The writers aren't doing a very good job of getting me to sympathize with Lara. Most of the time at the end of each cut-scene I'm like "it's just a trinket dummy." I get I should probably suspend my disbelief in a vidya game, but even the voice actress isn't making it any easier to do so.
Fatal 'new Tomb Raider' drinking game: Take a sip every time someone says "Trinity".

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'd link to English Country Tune myself but steam is dead. Still, it's a cheap and cool puzzle game for a dollar

link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/207570/English_Country_Tune/

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Thom12255 posted:

Is anyone else's check out not working? I've tried both a debit and credit card and I get the same error.

The entire steam train is stalled due to steam being dead, so it's not just you

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Has anyone played Descenders, TerraTech, and/or Super Arcade Racing?

The former looks interesting to me, but I wonder if having Lonely Mountain: Downhill makes it superfluous (although when has that stopped anyone during a Steam Sale)? TerraTech is something my kids who are currently playing a lot of Trailmakers want. And the last one caught my eye at some point, but the reviews don't overwhelm me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Wow I have a shitload of points for some reason. No discount vouchers, huh? Unfortunate.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yessss, cheap Agents of Mayhem. I really liked that on PS4 but never finished it. 6 bucks is a great price to get my "GI Joe with the serial numbers filed off" on.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I started the sale with 185000 points. Holy poo poo, I've spent 1850 bucks on Steam since February? God drat quarantine has me bad with money.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
He said, with no irony, purchasing Agents of Mayhem for the second time

<3

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

He said, with no irony, purchasing Agents of Mayhem for the second time

<3

And then booting up The Division 2, which I’ve owned for a year, instead of one of my new games. Steam is weird, man.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I started the sale with 185000 points. Holy poo poo, I've spent 1850 bucks on Steam since February? God drat quarantine has me bad with money.

right there with ya. daddy govt has paid for all of these games lol

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Some of these things I wanted still haven't dropped to :10bux: so so far my list is 1 DLC.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Didn't take me long to splurge the couple of thousands of points I had, I like these animated backgrounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oh Neptunia games are on sale, I wonder how the DLC is

20%

:nono: