Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It says it costs $10 though so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Demon_Corsair posted:

Just to clarify, right now you don't have to pay to join BnR. The admins are letting in goons for free right now.

You just need to sign up then wait once you hit the paywall screen. The admins over there will approve your account as soon as they can. They are just hilariously underwater right now, there are 4 people doing approvals and the member ship has gone from 600 to over 5000 in just over a day.

I totally understand. Had to deal with a similar thing when NeoGAF imploded and ResetERA hadn't been setup, yet.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

moths posted:

It says it costs $10 though so

It normally does. Right now they're manually approving everyone though. Don't expect a quick approval, they're getting slammed and only have like 3 people doing approvals.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Not sure what BnR is but really don't need to trade one lovely goonlord for another.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

No mods no masters.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I don't know if I want to get advice about what forum to join from the admin of the wifebeater forum

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

yeah that ain’t it, chief

e: which is to say, Reene has nothing to do with Lowtax's behavior

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 25, 2020

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ravenkult posted:

I don't know if I want to get advice about what forum to join from the admin of the wifebeater forum

An admin for BnR just got banned from a Discord I’m in for being an aggressive sex pest, if you want non-Reene advice

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

thetoughestbean posted:

An admin for BnR just got banned from a Discord I’m in for being an aggressive sex pest, if you want non-Reene advice
:yikes:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

welp

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

cmon name and shame

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Farg posted:

cmon name and shame

DisDisDis posted:

from the goon ff14 discord, this is sa user and afaik bnr admin tashilicious

Jacque Pott
Nov 6, 2010

Worth noting the timestamp there. Tash got banned from the FF14 discord based on Reene's accusation, so that can't really then be used as supporting evidence for that accusation...

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

fun to know that Reene is "multiple independent reports from members of this server" in your mind

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the ban did not take into account renee's accusation, and the people who made the decision almost certainly were not aware of it at the time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jacque Pott posted:

Tash got banned from the FF14 discord based on Reene's accusation
believe women when its convenient for me

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Mors Rattus posted:

fun to know that Reene is "multiple independent reports from members of this server" in your mind

e; hey i completely misread this cuz im sleep deprived which is not a good excuse for being a dick, sorry

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 25, 2020

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

DisDisDis posted:

ripley's believe women or not

Jacque Pott
Nov 6, 2010

Mors Rattus posted:

That's what I get for skimming it - sorry, ignore me.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Jacque Pott posted:

Worth noting the timestamp there. Tash got banned from the FF14 discord based on Reene's accusation, so that can't really then be used as supporting evidence for that accusation...

Goons Believing Women 5th Edition

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jacque Pott posted:

That's what I get for skimming it - sorry, ignore me.
Ah, so you persecute Tash, simply for having different beliefs *a bunch of goons get mad at me* Sorry. Sorry. Im trying to delete it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Endorph posted:

Ah, so you persecute Tash, simply for having different beliefs *a bunch of goons get mad at me* Sorry. Sorry. Im trying to delete it

On the one hand, it was very dumb. On the other, did you want him to double down?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

thetoughestbean posted:

On the one hand, it was very dumb. On the other, did you want him to double down?
At least this one was comprehensible

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

thetoughestbean posted:

They also just got de-admined so that's somehow a quicker turn around time than SA banning the known pedophile or the nazi.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Catfishenfuego posted:

They also just got de-admined so that's somehow a quicker turn around time than SA banning the known pedophile or the nazi.

There’s the other admin accused of being a sex pest...

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

thetoughestbean posted:

There’s the other admin accused of being a sex pest...

I wouldn't mind seeing an accusation from someone who isn't an SA mod

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tarnop posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing an accusation from someone who isn't an SA mod

Tardcore posted:

Zyla is absolutely a sex pest, they got banned from a discord Im in for PMing women photos in various states of undress lol

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ok then!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If you know anything about us lefties on SA it's that the only thing we hate more than institutional racism, Nazis, and conservative politics is each other, and historically, the countless sites built around aggrieved subcultures on SA all fell into nothingness, usually with some infighting involved.

Setting aside problems with the admins, you can't build an offsite for c-spammers and then expect everyone to join, as any given subculture on SA has plenty of people who strongly disagree with it or at minimum have no interest in being involved. And not even a c-spam poster can agree what c-spam should be about.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

If you know anything about us lefties on SA it's that the only thing we hate more than institutional racism, Nazis, and conservative politics is each other, and historically, the countless sites built around aggrieved subcultures on SA all fell into nothingness, usually with some infighting involved.

Setting aside problems with the admins, you can't build an offsite for c-spammers and then expect everyone to join, as any given subculture on SA has plenty of people who strongly disagree with it or at minimum have no interest in being involved. And not even a c-spam poster can agree what c-spam should be about.

I still could not tell you what the scope of cspam is as compared to dnd to this day.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Nea posted:

I still could not tell you what the scope of cspam is as compared to dnd to this day.

DnD but you have to shitpost (I have no idea either)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Nea posted:

Imagine having a twitter feed, and then slowly reposting each tweet to another website.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/lucaviftw/status/1276329550830600202

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nea posted:

It's the same as DnD but with zero expectation of effort posting or sober discussion as opposed to maybe 50%

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Xelkelvos posted:

It's the same as DnD but with zero expectation of effort posting or sober discussion as opposed to maybe 50%

But it's the effort posting that makes SA good, why would you not want that?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hel posted:

But it's the effort posting that makes SA good, why would you not want that?

CSPAM was an off-shoot of a couple of shitpost-y threads in Debate & Discussion that turned to the left in the wake of the disaster that was November 9, 2016.

There are threads and people there that take the time to make effort-posts, it's just also a place where people are comfortable telling you to gently caress off if your effort-post is trying to rationalize Obama-era drone strikes or the "pragmatism" of merely only expanding the PPACA as opposed to supporting Medicare-for-all.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Returning to industry chat:

https://twitter.com/EclipsePhase/status/1270727383641993216

EP doesn't belong in a BLM bundle if they're still selling Devotees.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
clicking on that link brought me to a not found page, so maybe they realized that.

fake edit: nope, looks the bundle ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

StratGoatCom posted:

EP doesn't belong in a BLM bundle if they're still selling Devotees.

Dare I ask?