Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Pastry of the Year posted:

Not a quote per se but please read the "Marge Quest (2?!)" thread in BYOB before it is potentially lost forever. I'd embed a link if I weren't on my phone, but it's easy to find.

Here ya go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Professor Shark posted:

My current read on the forums is “not good” op

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Ratjaculation posted:

Travel couples on Instagram OP

Like can you go anywhere beautiful without having to both be in the photo lifting eachother up or doing that holding hands with cameraman thing

Please note this isn't me being jealous that they likely get paid to do this whilst my 15 followers get to enjoy my blurry photos of rocks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dustcat posted:

i've had this ready for years but she's probably gonna outlive the forums

Now click through and look at the date.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

oldpainless posted:

Well since the forums are probably dying I just want to say I’ve really enjoyed this place and all the other posters on this website even the ones I got into arguments with. This place was a huge part of my life for so long and I’m really going to miss it and the people. This next part has some personal info so I’m gonna spoil it since apparently off sites are combing the website looking for personal details

if you haven’t by now, I really urge you to play RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS. It’s the hot new game everyone is playing. The fantastic graphics, the orchestral music, the unparalleled gameplay, it’s unlike anything you’ve ever played. And there’s a free trial! You have literally nothing to lose. If you do nothing else before this website departs, you owe it to yourself and me to play the game of the year, RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS

I honestly laugh out loud every time you do this. You leave it just long enough that it's always unexpected. :roflolmao:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Phlegmish posted:

lol

oldpainless is a good poster and it's kind of a shame that the last x years people have just been replying with puns on his username.

Yeah, let him go out the way he should have been allowed to post.

Oldpunless.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Movie poster thread

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Remember when we would all learn about celebrities dying from the funny forum quotes thread

isaboo posted:

I hope these forums don't die

If I never again get the chance to say it, Thank you sardine friends.

Keith Atherton posted:

I learn about this from the goddamned sardine thread

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chamois posted:

imagine being a guy on the diy forum or something that just goes there to post a picture of his deck every once in a while, and then one day the site goes away and you're like "hey what gives" and then you start finding stories about the cabal of pedophiles, rapists, and serial abusers that have used the site as a hunting ground for its entire lifespan, all while you were just posting your deck and complimenting other people's decks

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

He was part of the problem with all the unsolicited deck pics.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

He was part of the problem with all the unsolicited deck pics.

I hate that I laughed at this, like, one single BWOK just coughed up out of me

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pastry of the Year posted:

I hate that I laughed at this, like, one single BWOK just coughed up out of me

It's the spirit of birbmod channelling through you in chicken noises.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Friend posted:

Remember when we would all learn about celebrities dying from the funny forum quotes thread

I usually learned about it from the Political Cartoons thread, as the terrible obit cartoon went up.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Inceltown posted:

It's the spirit of birbmod channelling through you in chicken noises.

LITERALLY A SHRIMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Li1k5hGBE

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

LITERALLY A BAKLAVA

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

While things are in this wild "is this place gonna be here in a few hours" limbo I'd like to say that pastry and bird were my favorite mods in this forum and pyf was generally the most fun sub to just browse around in for half an hour a day.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DisDisDis posted:

ripley's believe women or not

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

literally a hog posted:

Thats Wishes for Death
aka Fat Swedish Hero
aka Fish Steer a Dhow
aka Fall Sick and Die ( He gave up the anagram username gimmick here)

He used to be known for writing over the top, effort crafted gimmick threads in GBS and never dropping character then disappearing for a while, scrambling his username letters up, and repeating. One of my favorites was this thread with the story of being head of a Ghostbusters cosplay troupe. They enjoyed moderate success before it all came crashing down due to petty in-fighting squabbles and him ultimately having an affair with the Janine cosplaying member of the group which torpedoed his marriage. I think he wrote that he was the Egon of the group and the whole Janine/Egon lust dynamic became too real. It was sourced with all kinds of pictures and elaborate details like all his threads were.

Of course this was also the time period of Boomerjinks being a popular member of the site and not the butt of jokes about reddit drama over Jurassic Park jeep scandals. Boomerjinks just couldnt let someone have a laugh in his specific area of Ghostbusters fandom and had to run into the thread to call bullshit on all the minute details of the story. Using his expertise to call attention to pictures of Ghostbusters props that only he could recognize and knowledge of the local cosplay groups of whatever area in the country this was supposed to be in, Boomerjinks had to rush in and ruin everyones fun. He was the top Ghostbusters nerd with the inaccurate replica Ectomobile made from a modified Subaru hatchback, which amounted to 90% of his posting back then. Total different era of GBS and the weird bigger than life personalities that used to clash there.

At some point Wishes for Death dropped the gimmick only posts got made a mod of LF. I thought he went crazy over DocEvil letting Rorschach gently caress with the forum before they deleted LF, but it looks like he was still posting in 2016 and then disappeared forever.

Thanks, I remember this poster. I feel like he became one of the Chapo guys or something.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Friend posted:

I have no problem believing that there's a sardine megathread with ten posters in it who never go anywhere else on the site. That's the kind of place this is.

He said, sighing wistfully

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phlegmish posted:

I have no problem believing that there's a sardine megathread with ten posters in it who never go anywhere else on the site. That's the kind of place this is.

Only ten posters but it's a very small megathread so they're really packed in there tightly.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

Lobok posted:

Only ten posters but it's a very small megathread so they're really packed in there tightly.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

the sardine thread was usually on the first page of gbs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The sardine thread sucked ever since the IK banned anchovy discussion.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I remember when the smoked kippers ingredients thread first started it got a lot of people interested in solving the mystery, but they left when it turned out it was all red herrings

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I remember a story about this family of goons who ate rotten meat and everyone concluded they were literal bears and there was pictures and such.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RandomFerret posted:

I remember when the smoked kippers ingredients thread first started it got a lot of people interested in solving the mystery, but they left when it turned out it was all red herrings

Funny quote.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tuo posted:

You know what I get asked all the time? If bees sting me. Because I can only assume it's what people fear the most from bees, and that is totally okay and I understand it.

I then tell them that I get stung regularly. Sometimes you have to tend a hive when the weather is absolutely not right, sometimes a bee gets caught in your hair and stings in panic, sometimes the princess meets the wrong drones, resulting in a pretty hostile hive. But I mostly get stings because I refuse to select my queens for beeing calm. I want their offspring to be able to defend themselves from bad creatures. I just can't get behind the concept of breeding bees to be calm because the beekeeper can't be arsed to wear protective clothing. There are methods and bee hive boxes that are "closer" to nature that make bees calmer, I witnessed this many times. But you still rip open a hive if you have to inspect them, and I want my bees to be angry at me when I do this. I also adapted a pretty new way of handling my hives this year which I thought would totally fail but at the moment seems okay, but I'll post about that somewhere after the winter.

Whenever I get stung, the first thing I do is trying to get the bee out of my skin before it rips itself apart, because she'd be dying in the process (the bees don't know they'll die when they sting something with skin like humans, that's why they panic twice like "gently caress, gently caress, I can't get away, I'm stuck and it's tearing me apart when I try to fly off but my wings are so strong", like bees don't die of they sting other bees, wasps, snails etc. ,They are basically in for the same surprise as the people getting stung, only their chance of dying is pretty high. I sometimes (not often, tbh) managed to remove a stinging bee with her stinging aparatus still intact, and put her next to the hive I suppose she came from (I also bugger out then because bees basically mark you with scents and poo poo like "here, I started killing this big bad thing, help me and kill it with me")

What I'm trying to say is: Lowtax, I hope you get never stung by a single bee that is under my care. Not a single one is worthy to die for you, you terrible rear end in a top hat. This forum had so many cool and good people, threads and whatever.

Lowtax, if a single bee of mine would sting you, it would be a wasted life of an insect that forms a colony that creates and looses 2000 bees a day.

This is my meltdown, and I stand by it. gently caress you, Lowtax.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Goddamn that is good.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

drat

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Nurge posted:

Reene is a good admin and this is some stupid bullshit. They're doing all they can to resolve the situation.

:thunk:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Randaconda posted:

That was one time! and it was an all girl dump I stole from imgur! :negative:

Rascar Capac posted:

It’s proper title is “SWAP.avi”.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gotta admit this is pretty convincing evidence.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Maybe premature, but

Party Boat posted:

right now I'm waiting outside the window

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Maybe premature, but
Hurray! for the announcement of hope!

From a thread celebrating said announcement:

Snowy posted:

Looks like we’ve goatse’d ourselves out of another jam, folks

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

louis friend posted:

Daddy grabs me with his powerful noodly arms. "Don't make me punish you" he says with his commanding falsetto voice, I quiver under his touch, setting the slinky he has for a neck reverberating

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

This is called good moderation though :confused:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Well, my righteous indignation feels a bit tight. (Actually, the only mod I'm coming for is Burnt Ineffectual.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Well, my righteous indignation feels a bit tight. (Actually, the only mod I'm coming for is Burnt Ineffectual.)

Phrasing!