Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Mods rename thread to The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Rapidly Going Deaf > Howard Stern Show Megathread: Anything else, Robin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Where are we gonna go, goons? Like US, not just goons in general? Where will we once again find goons like Sand Monster, YeahTubaMike, Lifespan, Moniker, Tubesteak Tom...

Actually, before this all goes away, can I tell you my my favourite Matt Dillon story, real briefly?

FFRRRrrrraaaappppppPPPP

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

Mods rename thread to The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Rapidly Going Deaf > Howard Stern Show Megathread: Anything else, Robin?

What are you talking about? We have 5 more years.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Moniker posted:

FFRRRrrrraaaappppppPPPP

Actually, it's more of a "bornownoramp?" (question mark because it sort of goes up at the end).

Fairly morbid thought, but you know how gas escapes corpses a little while after they die?

Do... Do you think that happened to Mike Walker? Did his rear end explode?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

no man, he poo poo on a duck

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I don't think the Mike Walker bakery call gets enough love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSUsc53yrRA

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

All-time top prank calls from the show?

I'll nominate the "Who's High Pitch?" call since it has about 3-4 classic drops. Also, the "No Gravity band" Hugs for Harlem prank is an epic.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The Billy West, "Barbara Booey" call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYXoV_6wI_Q

I want you to go to jail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsslxKFIao&t=31s

Ricardo!How are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1831QF-QhHs&t=38s

I'd post some of Richard's but he's his own category

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Baba Booey

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.
T-O-P-L-E-S-S

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
OK, Eric, what I want you to do is...

get up from your desk...

go somewhere else...

and when you get there...

gently caress yourself.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

"March 11th is your birthday?
Your parents refer to that as three eleven I bet."

Sy Borg
Sep 20, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have been lurking this thread for awhile. This little bit pops into my head when trying to think of a word.

M-A-C-H-I-N-E...MAH-kine!

clambake
Aug 30, 2007

quote:

I'd post some of Richard's but he's his own category

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcTn8YKpdkA

Hi, is this the adult store?

Well, me and my buddies we’re having a bachelor party and I’m wondering what kind of sexy games, board games, you have?

Can you let me know if you have Hungry, Hungry Dildoes where you stuff one of your buddy’s asses with meatloaf and whoever digs it out with a dildo first wins?

Well, can you just let me know real quick if you have Cockopoly where the buddy who can put the most game pieces in their peehole wins?

Do you have BattleShit where you shape your turds in the shape of a ship and then you throw it at all your buddies?

Well, I was just curious do you have Pin the Pecker Inside the Donkey’s rear end in a top hat where who whichever buddy can fight off the other one to get to bang a blow up donkey first wins?

No, it’s not a real donkey, it’s a blowup…

Ohh, Do you have Connect Foreskin, where two uncircumcised guys connect their foreskins together and then another buddy tries to separate ‘em with their tongue?

Oh, you don’t?

Do you have Splattergories where one buddy with diarrhea splatter shits on the game board and then you have to guess what he ate?

Well, I just want..

Well, do you have Poop Chutes and Ladders where you climb a ladder and try to poo poo in your buddy’s mouth below and whoever shits in the mouth first wins?

Hello?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

RIP Blue Iris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdH5x0SJJ_o

One the most touching moments on the show is when she died and Richard was in tears and played the last voice message she left him.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I think her best call is also the stupidest, when she calls the "Christmas ball store". "Do you have hairy balls? Do you have balls that shoot cum?"

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Blue Iris is in my top 5 all time. Very underrated.

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.

MrMidnight posted:

Blue Iris is in my top 5 all time. Very underrated.

Are you stroking your cock?

Can I suck on your tits?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The three great mechanic prank calls are Blue Iris, Mark the Bagger, and Richard calling with his recorded diarrhea sound.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Who was the hothead rear end in a top hat who got SUPER pissed at someone calling in? He was all "I'll PAY ya to meet ya!! I'll PAY YA!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/marge-schott-university-of-cincinnati-trnd/index.html

The Darkie is my favorite Beast. Id Like to apologize to all the blacks. Its a time of healing.

They're just taking her name down now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6G_j74mx0U

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Who was the hothead rear end in a top hat who got SUPER pissed at someone calling in? He was all "I'll PAY ya to meet ya!! I'll PAY YA!"

Pretty sure it was Sal and Ricard using a Ronnie Mund sound board.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It was like someone’s hot-headed cousin or friend and they knew he’d be a great target for a Ronnie prank call

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

It was like someone’s hot-headed cousin or friend and they knew he’d be a great target for a Ronnie prank call

Yeah, it was a guy on the receiving end of a prank, and I think it was an intern's dad. He told Sal and Richard to call his dad because he knew he'd blow up.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

https://youtu.be/HrFCEO8h9eE
Done deal pal

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Szyznyk posted:

The three great mechanic prank calls are Blue Iris, Mark the Bagger, and Richard calling with his recorded diarrhea sound.

I'm from the midwest, and I always enjoy how when they piss some dude from NY/NJ/(Boston?) off, one of the responses they all have in common is "I blank blank blanked ya mutha, how's that?"

(Sorry, I can't recognize specifically regional dialects, like who's from the Bronx, who's from Staten Island, etc. But like most others I can tell where people are from in my own state)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Mayday, mayday, I'm on fiyah

Where are we gonna go, goons? Like US, not just goons in general? Where will we once again find goons like Sand Monster, YeahTubaMike, Lifespan, Moniker, Tubesteak Tom...

Actually, before this all goes away, can I tell you my my favourite Matt Dillon story, real briefly?

Aw, I didn't know people recognized me :unsmith: Seriously though, I wish we could just take over the subreddit somehow.

Smeep posted:

I moved to reddit a couple of years ago, but yeah as someone else mentioned, the Stern show sub is harrible.

Seriously, all they do is talk about how much they hate Beth and SJWs.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Mayday, mayday, I'm on fiyah

Aw, I didn't know people recognized me :unsmith: Seriously though, I wish we could just take over the subreddit somehow.

Seriously, all they do is talk about how much they hate Beth and SJWs.

It's wild. It's all of these weird right wing guys who obsess over every nuance of the show and everyone around it. They'll reference something Howard said on the show and then point to a clip of him saying the opposite in 1993 as if people don't change over the course of 30 years. And they complain about SJWs and love if Jimmy Kimmel gets in hot water. It's so weird.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Moniker posted:

It's wild. It's all of these weird right wing guys who obsess over every nuance of the show and everyone around it. They'll reference something Howard said on the show and then point to a clip of him saying the opposite in 1993 as if people don't change over the course of 30 years. And they complain about SJWs and love if Jimmy Kimmel gets in hot water. It's so weird.

There's just...so much weird bullshit over there. The only reason I ever checked on it was because this thread hadn't moved in like three days and I was curious. While I've never been a fan of Jimmy Kimmel, I found their hatred of him puzzling. Speaking of unexplained hatred, these weirdos would make you think that Beth was an ugly sour old hag who has devoted her entire life to "ruining" (whatever that means) Howard.

Also, I understand missing a show's classic years -- I mean, hell, I posted in the Simpsons thread in GBS like five minutes ago -- but they only seem to miss is the casual sexism/objectification, racism, homophobia, etc. of the old bits.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Also, I understand missing a show's classic years -- I mean, hell, I posted in the Simpsons thread in GBS like five minutes ago -- but they only seem to miss is the casual sexism/objectification, racism, homophobia, etc. of the old bits.

This reminded me of one of my favourite bits, but I'll need help pulling it up; it's I believe a "phony phone call" (ugh, Howard is so old), and it uses Howard's voice, and he keeps asking sexual questions in a very calm manner, where the other person just keeps trying to disconnect the call or hang up or something. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? This is WAY less obscure than my "you annoy me" line.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This reminded me of one of my favourite bits, but I'll need help pulling it up; it's I believe a "phony phone call" (ugh, Howard is so old), and it uses Howard's voice, and he keeps asking sexual questions in a very calm manner, where the other person just keeps trying to disconnect the call or hang up or something. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? This is WAY less obscure than my "you annoy me" line.

Is the guy being pranked’s name also “Howard”?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Is the guy being pranked’s name also “Howard”?

That sounds familiar, so maybe.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Moniker posted:

What do you do for a living?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Moniker posted:

It's weird, most of the people I know who grew up on Howard are liberal, but his fanbase really does seem like a bunch of angry white male conservatives.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I figured the sub reddit was made up of the type of mostly SFN refugees.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
I assumed they went to Dawg Shed.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Imagine yearning for the golden days of the show when homo-cop or interviewing a lesbian live on air was cutting edge comedy.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

lynch_69 posted:

Imagine yearning for the golden days of the show when homo-cop or interviewing a lesbian live on air was cutting edge comedy.

I'll take that over an hour of cat stories or interviewing Dr. Agus over Zoom every week.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Former Human posted:

I'll take that over an hour of cat stories or interviewing Dr. Agus over Zoom every week.

Seriously. That Doctor guy must have been on like 5 times since the quarantine started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

You're supposed to evolve. You're not allowed to like the "I was out of my mind back then" material that Howard wants to pretend doesn't exist.