Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

i tried to permaban myself by breaking my posting vow to never post in the succ zone but it didn't work so I guess I'll ask again: what the gently caress?

lemme see if an admin can throw the lever on the queue friendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

lemme see if an admin can throw the lever on the queue friendo

hey squizzle before i die i just wanna say that i never stopped getting poo poo for supposedly failing the biden toxx

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Has he posted on facebook today, or just total silence everywhere?

Iirc his mom is a biglaw lawyer and has probably told him to shut the absolute gently caress up forever

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

shm being the last permaban :pray:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I joined these forums right after I turned 18, and had lurked for at least two years prior. This is how it ends, I guess.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

cool dance moves posted:

Are you calling my theories dumb :mad:

no it's a good argument and i think it's correct. it's also a very dumb thing for lowtax to attempt. luv u

Squizzle posted:

t-man can post horny or post angry so plz dont interrupt her when she is willing to commit to being angry :whitewater:

my posting is:

30% angery
20% horny
25% nerd poo poo/anime
15% sincere sap posting
10% die cis scum/serious effortposting

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
since there's already plenty of dramatalk going on in this thread, i posted about BnR in a tradgames thread because i like the thread and wanted to suggest BnR as a place it could continue

some COWARD edited my post lol

Sharkie posted:

edit: stop spamming random threads

i guess this is "spamming random threads" now?

"Hi! So, I don't think I've ever posted in this thread, but I've lurked it for a long time. I genuinely love what's been created here, and reading through these reviews has gotten me through plenty of hours of being bored, sad, hungover, etc. So please let me shill for breadnroses.net. It's an SA replacement web forum that was created by goons earlier this year and in the past 24 hours it's gone from a few hundred to over 3000 posters.

It's the closest thing to SA that you're going to find online. It has a lefty politics section, yes, but it also has tons of chill forums, including a traditional/tabletop games forum. I'm not a mod or anything there, just someone who loves this thread (and tg in general) and wants to see it continue regardless of what happens here. So please consider going to breadnroses.net and signing up. Right now afaik it's free, there's a note about 10bux when you register but from my understanding the admins are waving that because they're flush with donations and right now they just want to let everyone in that they can. They approve everyone manually so it might take a second because there's such a rush of new posters signing up. And yes, it is a lefty site, but there's plenty of subforums and threads on there that are very chill and fun (basically don't be a nazi). But please just consider signing up and checking the games forum out (they also have forums for mafia, cyoa, and so on). I think it would make a great new forever home for this thread, and while I don't know computer stuff, it looks like inklesspen would be able to adapt her magic archiving, uh, magic to that sort of forum far easier than discord. So please! Check out breadnroses.net!

Thanks to everyone who's ever contributed. I hope goons keep fatal & friends rolling for years to come. "

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
personally i'm excited for him to crawl back and beg

you know he's been working on the perfect excuse

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

forkboy84 posted:

Clearly some goons are going to use it as a chance to grind axes because goons gonna be goons even as the planet is swallowed by the ever expanding sun. But just because they are using that as a way to do so doesn't mean it's not got a legit concern at its core. People talk about wanting to keep the community together (& honestly I don't know if that's even desirable, never mind possible, there's some loving horrible people on here. Liberals even!) but having such a lack of confidence (which when combined by the lack of transparency is a real issue) in the people who are apparently deciding our collective future as a place for bad posting about the Failing New York Times & what pistol feels the nicest when you put it up your bum or whatever the Gun Weirdos sub talks & all the rest makes that pretty unlikely.
well, we'll probably lose a lot of people no matter what. so there isn't really any "good" option just a lot of "less bad" options. but i've posted this elsewhere but i thought at the time that it was just a custody dispute. she's kidnapped his kids? what? there was something unsettling and disturbing going on but let's say the mods did try to launch an officers coup at the time, knowing what everyone knew at the time, would most goons have been behind them? that's hard to say. there were a lot of goons defending him. that's not a good reason but i don't think they knew WTF was going on.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

SA was successful in the early internet days specifically because of lowtaxs heavy handed moderation and more of a site wide monoculture

as soon as he walked away (lol briefly handing the keys to Frags) a bunch of different communities and micro-communities sprung up and flourished. this was cool, but the lack of a single source for sitewide moderation made the individual admins and mods go crazy reading cow entrails to determine what the bossman actually wanted. drama grew exponentially, the userbase became increasingly antagonistic to the modstaff, and, well here we are
:hmmyes:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I would genuinely be loving honored.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

rip spiderhyphenman, you will be remembered as a poster who sure posted a lot, sometimes good

godspeed

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

i tried to permaban myself by breaking my posting vow to never post in the succ zone but it didn't work so I guess I'll ask again: what the gently caress?

Perma yourself by changing your password to gibberish and forgetting it and posting an auto an and shut the gently caress up about it jesus christ.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
hey guys, remember zoofights? those were cool.
you know what wasn't cool? Ban on drunkposting.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

twoday posted:

I’m Newman, you guys are Kramer, and instead of talking about mail, they’re talking about mods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hox-ni8geIw

i'm kramer but instead i'm just cancelling forums entirely. don't need em

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do not give MMO players, specially goons, any form of authority god loving dammit we should know this by now

are you talking about the mmo mod that gave people sixers for posting about ff14 in the anti-blizzard thread that was given admin powers

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lmao SpiderHyphenMan man saw nobody below 18 rule & nodded his head

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sharkie posted:

since there's already plenty of dramatalk going on in this thread, i posted about BnR in a tradgames thread because i like the thread and wanted to suggest BnR as a place it could continue

some COWARD edited my post lol

i guess this is "spamming random threads" now?

"Hi! So, I don't think I've ever posted in this thread, but I've lurked it for a long time. I genuinely love what's been created here, and reading through these reviews has gotten me through plenty of hours of being bored, sad, hungover, etc. So please let me shill for breadnroses.net. It's an SA replacement web forum that was created by goons earlier this year and in the past 24 hours it's gone from a few hundred to over 3000 posters.

It's the closest thing to SA that you're going to find online. It has a lefty politics section, yes, but it also has tons of chill forums, including a traditional/tabletop games forum. I'm not a mod or anything there, just someone who loves this thread (and tg in general) and wants to see it continue regardless of what happens here. So please consider going to breadnroses.net and signing up. Right now afaik it's free, there's a note about 10bux when you register but from my understanding the admins are waving that because they're flush with donations and right now they just want to let everyone in that they can. They approve everyone manually so it might take a second because there's such a rush of new posters signing up. And yes, it is a lefty site, but there's plenty of subforums and threads on there that are very chill and fun (basically don't be a nazi). But please just consider signing up and checking the games forum out (they also have forums for mafia, cyoa, and so on). I think it would make a great new forever home for this thread, and while I don't know computer stuff, it looks like inklesspen would be able to adapt her magic archiving, uh, magic to that sort of forum far easier than discord. So please! Check out breadnroses.net!

Thanks to everyone who's ever contributed. I hope goons keep fatal & friends rolling for years to come. "

nice of you to write that about the 30k thread

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Homeless Friend posted:

The reason cspam is able to get away with everything is because there's too many post, nobody is willing to do that much work. They can only beg for people to report lol

:(

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

hey squizzle before i die i just wanna say that i never stopped getting poo poo for supposedly failing the biden toxx

one for the road...

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

i tried to clarify in the succ thread...... yesterday?? recently, during the present Forums Crisis

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Quetzadilla posted:

Perma yourself by changing your password to gibberish and forgetting it and posting an auto an and shut the gently caress up about it jesus christ.

if you think i'm going to end my ten year two-page rapsheet with an autoban then you are out of your loving mind.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

T-man posted:

no it's a good argument and i think it's correct. it's also a very dumb thing for lowtax to attempt. luv u

Oh ok luv u 2 :)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dustcat posted:

rip spiderhyphenman, you will be remembered as a poster who sure posted a lot

godspeed

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

I'm not bashing it, many of my epic post would have me interred in qcs hell

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

shouldn't have failed ur nojoe nerd

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
IF SA goes down, where will I get my TV news and pandemic mega threads?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

hey guys, remember zoofights? those were cool.
you know what wasn't cool? Ban on drunkposting.

The drunk posting ban feels literally unbelievable to me at this point, and I very nearly fell prey to it several times

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BULBASAUR posted:

nice of you to write that about the 30k thread

different thread

but what annoys me is that i was posting with complete sincerity (my mistake, i know) and trying to be helpful and it gets caught up in some stupid mod grudge bullshit

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Fellatio del Toro posted:

one for the road...

Lmao

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Pillowpants posted:

IF SA goes down, where will I get my TV news and pandemic mega threads?

You can get those at BnR (that means Boobtube n Rona)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Look at this poo poo. Look at it.

Still trying to mod, still trying to be in charge, still trying to keep people on topic, still being vaguely threatening, all while this poo poo goes on. That's a sickness.

what's threatening about that

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Homeless Friend posted:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The drunk posting ban feels literally unbelievable to me at this point, and I very nearly fell prey to it several times

if drunk postin werent allowed i wouldnt have survived 2016 cspam w/o a perma

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Homeless Friend posted:

so did I, thanks to my lovely mom for buying this account for babby T-man

ironically I started posting the same time I realized I was unhappy being a boy and eventually SA's trans threads, a Laura Jane Grace Concert, and the magic of titty skittles later i'm still unhappy but glad to be a lady

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Squizzle posted:

if drunk postin werent allowed i wouldnt have survived 2016 cspam w/o a perma

:same:

also I have been high for probably 90% of my posts since... 2015? thank god for self medication

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

if you think i'm going to end my ten year two-page rapsheet with an autoban then you are out of your loving mind.

Ok fine I respect that.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

oldest thread I remember was about something called bryfi that was about some dude writing fan fiction about himself or something.

I never could find any trace of it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

mine hasn't happened yet. do I need to add a tubgirl to my QCS post? lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i hope shm posts again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

T-man posted:

he doesn't care about the forums, he cares about the $$$ and dumb e-fame being the owner of the forums. it sounds like he might have cared back in SA's bad old days when he was active and we hadn't pushed out the blatantly 4chan/8kun types.

the forums grew despite him and now the forums are going to spite him

lowtax would not post in the mod forum for 3 to 4 years at a time. his only post for years right before i quit was a very weird thread where he apologized for not being active and a few sentences in turned the post into complaining about kicking his daughter out of his house for saying something nice about his exwife. he has not actually worked in probably a decade.