Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you ______ the things that are going on
This poll is closed.
recognize 17 18.89%
acknowledge 33 36.67%
see 15 16.67%
view 25 27.78%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Did any of you guys argue about sports back in 2012-2013?

You may remember a poster bu the nam e of nuncle jimblo/unclejimbo who was a vikings/gophers fan by life and a mountaineers/Pittsburgh fan by birth.

I regret to inform you that he passed away in late 2013, but wanted to communicate that as to why he stopped posting all those years ago.

He was a great dude and knowing him IRL, miss him all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yes I do remember him and that really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

crazypeltast52 posted:

You may remember a poster bu the nam e of nuncle jimblo/unclejimbo who was a vikings/gophers fan by life and a mountaineers/Pittsburgh fan by birth.

I regret to inform you that he passed away in late 2013, but wanted to communicate that as to why he stopped posting all those years ago.

As a fellow Vikings/Gophers fan, I do remember him I think with a Jerry Kill avatar? Sorry to hear he passed. Hopefully he was a huge pain in Gendo's rear end during his time posting here as a fan of MN football.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That was the start of my posting career but I remember the name. Condolences. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Kalli posted:

Yes I do remember him and that really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.

Thank you, I keep in touch with his family still.

For other goons, he was a heavy guy since elementary school but was super trim by the end of college, and died of a heart attack when he was figuring out OCS at 23.

Pouring one out for him since he brought me to these forums and all you goons.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Blowjob Overtime posted:

As a fellow Vikings/Gophers fan, I do remember him I think with a Jerry Kill avatar? Sorry to hear he passed. Hopefully he was a huge pain in Gendo's rear end during his time posting here as a fan of MN football.

He was the Jerry Kill seizure avatar.

Saving that to my hard drive for memories.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sounds familiar, sorry to hear that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh poo poo i remember him. that's tragic :smith:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

This was his last avatar:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Kalli posted:

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff. Definitely remember that :smith:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oh poo poo. He was a really good guy.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

crazypeltast52 posted:

That username looks familiar, but I don’t remember anything specific. Thanks for letting people know.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Thanks goons, I put this off for far too long, but with the forums situation I couldn’t put it off anymore. Hoping you all the best even if you like the other teams.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Yep, I remember him. Funny how the avatars stick the most in your memory if someone keeps it long enough. Sad to hear that he passed away.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

crazypeltast52 posted:

Why'd you wait 7 years to tell everyone :(

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

Yep, I remember him. Funny how the avatars stick the most in your memory if someone keeps it long enough. Sad to hear that he passed away.

Yeah I recognized the av immediately

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

crazypeltast52 posted:

For other goons, he was a heavy guy since elementary school but was super trim by the end of college, and died of a heart attack when he was figuring out OCS at 23.

I remember him, had no idea he was that young. Christ that's terrible.

Sorry to hear that's he passed instead of just smartening up and figuring out better things to do, which is my usual assumption.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

D-LINK posted:

Why'd you wait 7 years to tell everyone :(

Combination of forums and his favorite whiskey, Tullamore Dew. There was a night where we killed half a bottle of it and then set off on an epic journey to Taco Bell. Trees were fought, but we acquired our quesadillas.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Can this stupid meme die

https://twitter.com/JeffMillerLAT/status/1276250223011000320?s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No, it's funny

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

crazypeltast52 posted:

I remember him. Good dude.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The actual truth is funny though.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

I feel like it hasn't been that long since I've seen this av.

Sorry to hear about Uncle Jimbo.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Hey folks, breadnroses.net seems to be picking up steam as a replacement to SA, they’ve had several thousand new registrations in the past couple of days. There’s no dedicated football forum yet, but I’m sure we could get one if there’s enough activity in the football thread. Something to think about before the plug gets pulled.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Bob Socko posted:

Hey folks, breadnroses.net seems to be picking up steam as a replacement to SA, they’ve had several thousand new registrations in the past couple of days. There’s no dedicated football forum yet, but I’m sure we could get one if there’s enough activity in the football thread. Something to think about before the plug gets pulled.

Apparently the admin for that site is being accused of rape soooo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

well what the gently caress. link to info?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

indigi posted:

well what the gently caress. link to info?

It’s been brought up a bunch in the massive rear end GBS thread. I don’t know the details.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Bob Socko posted:

Not joining some forum full of communists LARPers led by sexpests.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Not joining some forum full of communists led by sexpests.

You already have (just a wife beater instead of a sexpest)

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nope. There’s a claim they sent unsolicited nudes 4 years ago, but no one has produced receipts. There’s a lot of game of telephone about it, like your post.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Not joining some forum full of communists LARPers led by sexpests.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bob Socko posted:

Bread and Roses is run by a sex pest and an assortment of the worst and most unstable C-SPAM castoffs. No thank you.

I'm not going to give any more money to sex pest forums.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It even says during registration that your $10 payment "doesn't guarantee your account is approved" lol

That site can eat a dick

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Bread and Roses is run by a sex pest and an assortment of the worst and most unstable C-SPAM castoffs. No thank you.

I'm not going to give any more money to sex pest forums.
Who was sent the unsolicited nudes? I’ll believe the person, but I need more than “I heard they sent someone unsolicited nudes” before I declare someone a sex pest. I need a trivial amount more. A screenshot, a chat log, something. Not gonna take the word of mods who actively covered up Lowtax beating multiple women that someone else is actually the baddie.

The CSPAM bit is fair.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

It even says during registration that your $10 payment "doesn't guarantee your account is approved" lol

They aren't even taking the $10 right now, and that just reads like "if you're a perma reregging we're not gonna go through the exercise."

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

Who was sent the unsolicited nudes? I’ll believe the person, but I need more than “I heard they sent someone unsolicited nudes” before I declare someone a sex pest. I need a trivial amount more. A screenshot, a chat log, something. Not gonna take the word of mods who actively covered up Lowtax beating multiple women that someone else is actually the baddie.

The CSPAM bit is fair.

definitely a defense that instills confidence

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Alaois posted:

definitely a defense that instills confidence
Right, so does whataboutism by enablers. I have zero confidence in Reene or Burt, which is why I’m asking for the teensiest bit of supporting information. Doesn’t have to make it an open-and-shut case. Doesn’t have to be a signed confession. I just need more than “trust me” from either of those two. So should you, about anything site-related.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 26, 2020

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

who wants to make a TFF/birding subreddit

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone in charge of anything sucks really bad. sorry for making a centrist post. that's not what this was supposed to be. there are well-defined tiers and some are much, much better and more tolerable than others. Thank You

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This isn't even about the same person lol

Incitatus posted:

PRAXIS

PRAXIS

namaste