Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

QUEER FRASIER posted:

hello yes, is this the evening news? wait until you hear about the owner of dead comedy forums “something awful”

I'm literally screaming "LOWTAX IS A WIFEBEATER" at Peter Jennings headstone rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

juggalo baby coffin posted:

maddox is on the hook for a huge amount of money because he tried to sue some former collaborator for cucking him or calling him a cuck or something, but it turned out the lawyer was scamming him and maddox lost and now has to pay both the lawyer and the state a huge amount of money

Now he pretends to be a cowboy banana or some poo poo online while pretending people still like him.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

this may come as a surprise to you but SA isn't "a whole community", it's like 10 communities wrapped in a trench coat pretending to be one forum and any time there's cross pollination between 2 of them it blows up in drama, bans, reports, and QCS threads that goes completely unnoticed by the other 8 communities until months after the fact when there's a PYF saga post about it

No only when CSPAM, D&D & FYAD go at each other. All the other subs cross pollinate heavily and at worst occasionally one looks upon another like a cousin making obvious bad life choices and just chuckles quietly at the coming trainwreck

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Ya

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

lol

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Rashaverak posted:

I did contact Buzzfeed and forgot to list them. TMZ notified because gently caress it, scum begets scum.

doesn't buzzfeed like not pay its workers and do just all the same shady poo poo as every other lame 'journalism' site?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

is that bird person the only one to step down so far?

pretty disappointing overall if so, but well done to her for both stepping down, and helping that lady irl

Lightning Knight stepped down too, and i think a few other mods who's usernames i don't remember

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Maddox and Lowtax should set sail together on a boat, live out the rest of their days telling each other stories about how they should have been internet royalty

or, well, I guess Lowtax should probably go to jail or something

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mr. Spaghoot posted:

I like T-man. They, not FYAD, were the one to take Lowtax to task last time around. I understand that all you cis hets are scared that the big evil LGBTs are gonna take away your video games, but I think you just need to learn to accept that it just isnt ok to be a cis man in america anymore.

Wtf are you talking about. I'm queer and not cis either and I thought that poo poo was excruciatingly bad. You don't have to be a transphobe to think T-Man's posts were terrible.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

it was extremely funny to find out that maddox looks like borat on chemo and not like some type of macho chad guy

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

zer0spunk posted:

loving yikes

yikes that you have to take a stance against domestic abuse

yikes that anyone would take the pro domestic abuse stance

yikes that the mod staff think this place is going to continue as normal too like we weren't giving money to a pilled out serial abuser while all his bullshit got hushed up. gross.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So is the radium code still so busted that this godforsaken hellpit literally runs on a slur?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Martman posted:

Maddox and Lowtax should set sail together on a boat, live out the rest of their days telling each other stories about how they should have been internet royalty

or, well, I guess Lowtax should probably go to jail or something

What? Lowtax has a history of beating women. Maddox wouldn't be safe around him.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

QUEER FRASIER posted:

hello yes, is this the evening news? wait until you hear about the owner of dead comedy forums “something awful”

extra extra read all about it! sweaty toed wifebeater dies in a fiery gtr crash

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

it was extremely funny to find out that maddox looks like borat on chemo and not like some type of macho chad guy

You should hear his voice

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

VikingSkull posted:

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Boy the forums are really revolting, huh.

...And I don't just mean the owner! :downsrim:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I legitimately have the resources to start a Something Awful 2, but I A) Don't have the time or the desire to run anything and B) Wouldn't even consider it unless these forums died for real.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Slippery posted:

doesn't buzzfeed like not pay its workers and do just all the same shady poo poo as every other lame 'journalism' site?

From what I hear, they wanted some credibility and brought in some actual legit investigative journalists and are actually one of the better ones out there rn.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I met Maddox at comic con 06 and yeah meeting him and seeing how he actually looked was one the more disappointing things in my young life.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

i know people are joking that the mod forum needs to be opened up but it actually does

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

wasnt that always the assumption

I thought the whole humor was this idea of him as a masculine god despite being a scrawny coder dude

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
greatest flaw of this forum, since forever, is goons cant help themselves suckling at the teat of drama. regardless of how unnecessary it is. congregating offsite to shittalk mods or each other in little discords and whatnot. just cant help themselves. I barely even recognise mods, let alone hold grudges against them.

the increasing ability for people to form little meta-communities which they use to police what they dont approve of, or even outwardly positive things like making friends and support groups outside of the forums creates the environment that is the death knell for this site in certain ways.

its all well and good for people to smugly sit there calling for the forum to be dismantled because THEY have already made the same-thinking friends they want to associate with beyond the forums.

for me and probably many others, the forum itself is the only avenue I care about. I won't be joining any dipshit discord or doomed offsite. if lowtax can be removed from the equation all the better, but gently caress all the people who are salivating at the chance to disintegrate this site. it has value that evolved long ago beyond the control of one random perpetually absent abuser.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

From what I hear, they wanted some credibility and brought in some actual legit investigative journalists and are actually one of the better ones out there rn.

Oh cool, good to hear, thanks!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Jeza posted:

if lowtax can be removed from the equation all the better, but gently caress all the people who are salivating at the chance to disintegrate this site. it has value that evolved long ago beyond the control of one random perpetually absent abuser.

Honestly the last few hours have left me feeling that even if they kick Lowtax out things wont be better

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Slippery posted:

Andrew Kaczynski did some really good reporting during 2016 but then got pinched by I think CNN cause lol buzzfeed

Alot of the "which corgi on you based on your favorite pepperoni" quizzes are community sourced

not a lawyer
Jan 8, 2020

cock hero flux posted:

LAB turned out to not be a huge fuckhead and has instead been very supportive and helpful towards lowtax's victims, but because they're not a huge fuckhead they also couldn't justify not resigning their position as admin

LAB is good and a hero.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Manxome Foe posted:

I legitimately have the resources to start a Something Awful 2, but I A) Don't have the time or the desire to run anything and B) Wouldn't even consider it unless these forums died for real.

Give literally a bird authority over it, as the only 100% confirmed Good Mod. All other "good mods" are at best Probably Good Mods, and some "good mods" are in fact actually Bad Mods.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yes but what is your metric for that. In my opinion there shouldn't ever be poo poo demeaning trans people or minorities for their identity in any way whatsoever, there were plenty of people on this forum that thought that position was too extreme for them despite just being basic decency or that they could just calmly "debate" the validity of these people's existence.

I don't care about disagreements or people calling each other dumbass morons or making stories about fart poop n poo poo, but there's a difference between offense garbage that is just being obscene (which is meaningless and unimportant) and then offensive garbage that hinges on dehumanizing other human beings.

If you're for the former then I'm cool with it, but if it's the latter then I don't think that poo poo should be given a single inch. There's no middle ground on that, either it's allowed or it isn't, and I wouldn't post in a place that would tolerate it.

This is actually a pretty complex topic that I think B&R gets wrong. I probably will risk a permaban myself with my outrageous opinion on this but ...transgender people are people and people can be assholes.

If you are willing to draw the distinction that a transgender person can be an rear end in a top hat completely unrelated to their sexual/gender identity then we can talk.

No one should be abused, dehumanized, discriminated against or preyed upon in any way. But if someone is doing something, like the sexual predation by B&Rs admin staff members, then their actions are what is important not their identities.

Like, small example here. Someone comes into a thread, is harassing other people or just being extremely hostile in tone and I retaliate against them does it matter if they are a republican or a democrat? straight or gay? trans or cis? When this person tells someone to "gently caress off and commit suicide" instead of engaging with the discussion or posting any worthwhile content if I then tell them to gently caress off and quit being an rear end in a top hat is that only fine if they happen to be straight?

Unfortunately some names I recognize on Bread and Roses thought that because they are transgender they should be shielded from the entire concept of criticism, in any context. You can't say they have bad taste in movies. You can't say they have a wrong opinion on anything. And a forum built around that foundation is hosed from the start even if they get an influx of survivors from a sinking Something Awful. Me saying this does not mean i have any negative opinion toward any transgender person. You don't know my life or my identity either and I don't feel like it's relevant to share.

SA was kind of lightning in a bottle. You aren't really going to be able to replicate any kind of balance like that since it's 2020 and all that's important is identity and being mad as hell and fighting the enemy. Objectivity is extinct.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Maddox also has a failed movie based on his material

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Jeza posted:

for me and probably many others, the forum itself is the only avenue I care about. I won't be joining any dipshit discord or doomed offsite. if lowtax can be removed from the equation all the better, but gently caress all the people who are salivating at the chance to disintegrate this site. it has value that evolved long ago beyond the control of one random perpetually absent abuser.

Thank you. It's loving insane that people want to rip every shred of it apart.

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!

Jeza posted:

greatest flaw of this forum, since forever, is goons cant help themselves suckling at the teat of drama. regardless of how unnecessary it is. congregating offsite to shittalk mods or each other in little discords and whatnot. just cant help themselves. I barely even recognise mods, let alone hold grudges against them.

the increasing ability for people to form little meta-communities which they use to police what they dont approve of, or even outwardly positive things like making friends and support groups outside of the forums creates the environment that is the death knell for this site in certain ways.

its all well and good for people to smugly sit there calling for the forum to be dismantled because THEY have already made the same-thinking friends they want to associate with beyond the forums.

ok

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Jeza posted:

yeah we get it, you don't give a poo poo about giving money to a serial woman beater, your posting zone takes precedence.

gently caress you

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

same but a review for airbrush paint on amazon

same but on a guestbook for an old geocities site

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

There Bias Two posted:

Thank you. It's loving insane that people want to rip every shred of it apart.

also gently caress you

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Friend posted:

:stat::wal:
Boy the forums are really revolting, huh.

...And I don't just mean the owner! :downsrim:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

LastGoodBoy posted:

What? Lowtax has a history of beating women. Maddox wouldn't be safe around him.

Barudak posted:

Maddox also has a failed movie based on his material

Maddox was also almost the first person to be legally declared a cuck in a court of law.

He sued Dick Masterson for calling him a cuck, and Dick was ready to prove it with evidence.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Rashaverak posted:

Here is a running list of places I have sent a news tip to regarding this story, including all relevant posts, pictures, police reports, background etc:

CNN, NPR, NBC, Missouri News Tribune, The Verge, Kotaku, Gizmodo, Jezebel, HuffPost
Slate, The Atlantic,The Daily Beast, 4 parts of Vice, Motherboard, Buzzfeed
Mother Jones, Reuters, AP, Chicago Tribune, ABC, CBS,
Scott Vance and Barbara Vobejda at Washington Post (both Deputy Managing Editors), NYT, Mashable, Polygon

Any other suggestions on how to get this out there? I realize the chances are slim to none that anyone will give a gently caress but it's worth a try. I used to have a job pitching video news releases to the top 100 TV stations in the country so I don't give a gently caress about calling and talking to news directors, I just need suggestions or contacts as I have none anymore.

Anyone want to amplify my voice and send the story out too? This story could benefit from a good investigative journalist or 10 to get at the truth. They'd obviously protect the identities of the alleged victims unless they choose to be identified / if they want to remain anonymous or not speak at all.

gently caress you Lowtax. Believe women.

I can't believe I ever actually defended you to anyone. I don't give two shits if Lowtax bans me for this - it'll be my first and loving last ban and I'd deserve it for 19 years of thinking Lowtax wasn't a shitbag.

Truly, Lowtax, you are Something Awful.

Can't wait to see the CBS headline "Guy In Missouri Does Domestic Abuse" or the CNN live coverage of internet nerds posting hosed up edits of goatse with a tiny butthole.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

weekly font posted:

i know people are joking that the mod forum needs to be opened up but it actually does

it's all just random administrivia. remember there was a leak of it years ago, it was all like exactly what you'd expect of a bunch of people moderating an internet forum. no drama just chat

I think some people get way too worked up about pointless stuff. do you really think there's super secret bad poo poo in there

even if it were posted in its entirety those people would just say 'well the real evil is in the ADMIN forum' or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

Manxome Foe posted:

wow. can i suck your dick