Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

There's a previous Discord made by goons, too - Traditional Games: https://discord.gg/myCUpF

It has 500+ members, if that means anything to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I don't want to discord.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Im with you. Ive begrudgingly joined some of the discords but I dont like the chat style

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm not going to join a discord for each of the two hundred threads doing this exact thing right now.

I exaggerate, but it'd be easier to just take over something that already exists.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Discord is not the best but I whipped up a TG Goons server

https://discord.gg/YjUAGR

There's actually a pretty big TradGames server already, if anyone is interested. https://discord.gg/cE67Bc8

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Tsilkani posted:

There's actually a pretty big TradGames server already, if anyone is interested. https://discord.gg/cE67Bc8

:saddowns:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Tsilkani posted:

I was not aware of that one.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I despise discord style chatrooms.

RIP in peace SA. Hopefully someone can break into Lowtax's house and steal the forums passwords to keep him from doing anything foolish.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
F

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Sorry, we crossposted!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Forums-style is still my preferred way to have any meaningful discussion on the Internet. If SA goes the way of the dinosaur, I’d hope there’d be a reasonably well populated goon-based forum alternative site.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

TotalHell posted:

Forums-style is still my preferred way to have any meaningful discussion on the Internet. If SA goes the way of the dinosaur, I’d hope there’d be a reasonably well populated goon-based forum alternative site.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Reddit seems to have subsumed all forums culture though, and everything that's not dinosaur old (somethingawful) is instead incredibly niche with ~3 posters.

Reddit is fine for quick reads or finding an obscure bit of info, but for actual long form discussion a forum can't be beat.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Gameko posted:

Yeah, I feel the same way. Reddit seems to have subsumed all forums culture though, and everything that's not dinosaur old (somethingawful) is instead incredibly niche with ~3 posters.

Reddit is fine for quick reads or finding an obscure bit of info, but for actual long form discussion a forum can't be beat.

what are you talking about, i love it when a conversation slowly narrows and shifts to the right the longer it goes

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

what are you talking about, i love it when a conversation slowly narrows and shifts to the right the longer it goes

But enough about Reddit! (Because they're a bunch of crazy libertarians and the like at the best of times.)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

thespaceinvader posted:

Given that the plane is a loving Stuka I'm pretty worried about the plane too.

It's also a really lovely conversion because someone's just slapped on some orky parts on a model plane and called it a day. No effort to build those weapons into the plane, just loving glue on a couple of comically oversized armour plates and guns!

Generally real life models work pretty poorly as 40K vehicles because the 40K style is so exaggerated and cartoonish, so real life tanks and vehicles (even if the size is similar) look too delicate and even the biggest tank guns look like infantry weapons.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
You know, it is very easy to just set up a web forum. I personally don’t care enough to do it, but you can easily buy some hosting space and install a starter kit.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Thread, I must confess before the forums die, I have given GW money.

I just like the nighthaunt models too much and wanted some spooky ghosts to paint while locked in the house.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

That's a good spoops.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

thanks to everyone for posting the most insane ly unspirational minis, they were all divine

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Der Shovel posted:

It's also a really lovely conversion because someone's just slapped on some orky parts on a model plane and called it a day. No effort to build those weapons into the plane, just loving glue on a couple of comically oversized armour plates and guns!

Generally real life models work pretty poorly as 40K vehicles because the 40K style is so exaggerated and cartoonish, so real life tanks and vehicles (even if the size is similar) look too delicate and even the biggest tank guns look like infantry weapons.

I still think with a little bit of work the M3 Lee would make a wonderful Ork tank.

Or maybe an ISU-52 could be used for something, just look at that gun.

Basically anything big, riveted, and gunned up.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Der Shovel posted:

Yep. I once converted a T-72 model into an Imperial Guard super-heavy and it kind of worked, but the main gun was so tiny compared to actual 40k tanks that it just looked wrong.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Exinos posted:

I just like the nighthaunt models too much and wanted some spooky ghosts to paint while locked in the house.

I enjoy the smooth gradients and ever so slight, gossamer impression of a skull barely visible through the hood. Did you airbrush it?

Also, wrong thread, obv.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Exinos posted:

there's a lot to unpack here

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Der Shovel posted:

Orks are the only ones that can pull it off, but yeah, you gotta put some effort into it.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I enjoy the smooth gradients and ever so slight, gossamer impression of a skull barely visible through the hood. Did you airbrush it?

Also, wrong thread, obv.

Thanks. He was used to try new stuff so no airbrush.
The hood is actually 2 thin coats of the black contrast paint and then a thin coat of snakebite leather contrast to tint it brown.

The blue sections are all done in oil paints. Painted all blue with a thin line of black at the top which I faded down, fading white up the same way but with a larger amount to try and make it appear more ghostly.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Orks are the only ones that can pull it off, but yeah, you gotta put some effort into it.

sup

https://imgur.com/a/6RFD407

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Volkswaaaaaghen Bus

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PoptartsNinja posted:

Volkswaaaaaghen Bus

:hmmorks:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Took me a moment. Must be an action figure of Marvel's Black Knight character, right?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Looks like a Dredd to me.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Don't know where the legs are from, but the top half is the Black Knight from the Cull Obsidian Legends series.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's clearly Grif Oberwald, y'all are blind smh.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Start the countdown to an ork version of the Mystery Machine and Scooby gang.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Madurai posted:

Start the countdown to an ork version of the Mystery Machine and Squiggy gang.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Madurai posted:

Start the countdown to an ork version of the Mystery Machine and Scooby gang.

https://armorcast.com/acau001-clue-contraption-hippie-van/

I’ve considered buying this and making it into an ork trukk several times.

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

Clue Contraption

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

not lovingly balanced on giant pig balls, 0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

I know it isn't a skeleton, but

gently caress YOU LOOKIN AT?

KEEP WALKIN