Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

Parallelwoody posted:

Just say gently caress it and let Madden 2021 run the team.

Just let jon bois and kofi handle it. The ultimate fumble dimension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I mean at least that would put an entertaining product on the field.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

TowerofOil posted:

Just let jon bois and kofi handle it. The ultimate fumble dimension.

Oh speaking of bringing Calvin Johnson out of retirement, did this new owner say anything at all about trying to repair their relationship with the best player they've had this millennium?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

Nothing will ever change as long as the Ford family owns the team. You could have a teenager run the team and as long as his or her name has “Ford” in it, it’s business as usual.

My mom is speculating that it's a move to prepare to sell, but I have no idea what she basing that off of. Apparently the new owner is a member at a golf club where my parents are also members, I told my mom to flip Sheila off for me if she ever sees her.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cutty just posted his first story! @ifjayhadinstagram

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NBCSBears/status/1275919512500604928

:allears:

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
That’s the stuff.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Just realized that if these forums go down, I won’t have anywhere good to post about the next decade of dominance by the Packers over the North lead by Jordan Love :smith:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I mean you can post anywhere about poo poo that ain't gonna happen.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm going to be very sad if I dont get to post with my football bros about lol the Packers are finally bad.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

OxySnake posted:

I'm going to be very sad if I dont get to post with my football bros about lol the Packers are finally bad.

We had that back in the Samkon Gado era.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
where will i go to drunkenly celebrate a week 2 lions win at 4pm and drunkenly rage on another nfc north team at 4pm at week 6 after a hilarious lions defeat

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Pops Mgee posted:

Just realized that if these forums go down, I won’t have anywhere good to post about the next decade of dominance by the Packers over the North lead by Jordan Love :smith:

I hear the Flat Earthers and Anti Vaxers are still accepting new members.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i couldnt remember what the packers did in the draft thanks for the reminder

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I mean, the draft was at least 5 years ago at this point

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

where will i go to drunkenly celebrate a week 2 lions win at 4pm and drunkenly rage on another nfc north team at 4pm at week 6 after a hilarious lions defeat

Good news friend, that week 2 celebration is going to be cancelled.

Because, the Lions, they are bad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Jay Come back

https://twitter.com/codelmendo/status/1276331541317259269

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

He confused a mourning dove call with an owl and now thinks it’s Sasquatch

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Smokin Jay Cutler is back!

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Just wanted to say: watching Frazier's D dunk on the Cowboys offensive line in the 2009 Divisional game is really funny.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I'm thinking about how good that team was, and smiling very calmly about it

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
song remains da same

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Save big money at Menards

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cutty found the culprit, it was a raccoon.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Cutty found the culprit, it was a raccoon.

A Raccoon crawled up my downspout last week Sunday. Made a whole poo poo ton of noise. Luckily it seemed to climb up, wait a few minutes, then climb back down. Left a bunch of grubby paw prints that I can't reach and haven't come off in the rain. I had to lube up my downspout with vaseline, which feels... weird.

In summary, gently caress raccoons!

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

https://twitter.com/Peter_Bukowski/status/1278354107527553025?s=20

Defensive Genius.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

In response Lions fired their Defensive Coordinator, got rid of Big Pay Slay, and drafted Okudah third overall as replacement.

You're going to see one of the worst defenses in the league transform into almost one of the worst defenses in the league, no question.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Random hypothetical... if there's no football in 2020, does Fat Matt get to be Head Coach in 2021?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

No season means no playoffs, no playoffs mean Quinn and fat are out (I wish).

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Styles Bitchley posted:

In response Lions fired their Defensive Coordinator, got rid of Big Pay Slay, and drafted Okudah third overall as replacement.

You're going to see one of the worst defenses in the league transform into almost one of the worst defenses in the league, no question.

I love this thread. 3 out the 4 teams are just soul suckingly mediocre to bad and it has demoralized everyone. Then there is gb, which shows up slightly bewildered when they go 10 and 6. One day you'll be on our level you bastards.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

ZombieCrew posted:

I love this thread. 3 out the 4 teams are just soul suckingly mediocre to bad and it has demoralized everyone. Then there is gb, which shows up slightly bewildered when they go 10 and 6. One day you'll be on our level you bastards.

Detroit is on a level below the other two though - they don't even have historical success to look back on (Vikings were dominant in the division in the 70s and the Bears in the 80s). I think the best example of that is that they've won the same number of NFC Central/North division titles as Tampa Bay who was in the division less than half as long. (They've also won the same number of NFC North division titles as Tampa Bay but I think that's less of a surprise)

blackmongoose fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 3, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The thing about Detroit is that you can't even blame it on lack of talent. They had Barry, Calvin, Suh, Stafford...

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

SKULL.GIF posted:

The thing about Detroit is that you can't even blame it on lack of talent. They had Barry, Calvin, Suh, Stafford...

I'm less harsh on Martha, but William Clay Ford was a disastrous owner. Not only did he hire the wrong people, but he left them in power for years after everyone else realized they should go - with Matt Millen only being the most extreme example.

one playoff victory in fifty loving years of owning the team. one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm less harsh on Martha, but William Clay Ford was a disastrous owner. Not only did he hire the wrong people, but he left them in power for years after everyone else realized they should go - with Matt Millen only being the most extreme example.

one playoff victory in fifty loving years of owning the team. one.

Giving Martha a little credit, she has tried to win, she's just kinda bad at it.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

blackmongoose posted:

Detroit is on a level below the other two though - they don't even have historical success to look back on

Not true. Detroit was one of the most dominant teams in the Pre-Super Bowl Era.

And everybody knows the Super Bowl Era is the worst Era in pro football history.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Yeah, it went Lions in the 50s, Vikes in the 70s, Bears in the 80s, <scene missing> and that's how you know that this is their year

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmao

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1279172668374171649?s=19

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I feel like I've seen this exact tweet like 5 months ago

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,