Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
this is going to fall through due to something minor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Alright Frank, let's drink to your gently caress.

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Many laffs await when Lowtax is out of the picture and nothing changes with the unwashed masses banging on the gates of QCS anyways

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Quetzadilla posted:

I once got the stairs challenge question from my immediate supervisor who was the worst, cringiest, shittiest person I've ever worked with (like literally didn't know how to do his job and watched anime on the clock while our team was pulling double-OT) and immediately had a hot flash and had to feign ignorance. Not sure if he noticed the split-second look of sheer terror on my face before I got it under control.

Come on, I'm not that bad, and yeah I noticed.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
until poo poo is signed and legally transferred it's still iffy

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
so uh the goatman's still there for me

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Pepperoneedy posted:

Not to be pessimistic but I can't really believe a word of it

Yeah, anyone else not buying this? Feels way too neat and clean for a messy bitch like Lowtax.

VV Exactly, how hard would it be for him to just say this and then nothing actually changes?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jeffrey is a lowtax enabler there's no way this deal doesn't involve him funneling back to lowtax

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lowtax is going to lose it all in court anyway. I’d still like to see some of the details of this deal before I relax, though. I’d rather see him spend the rest of his life in the agony that he has brought upon himself than have SA remain.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
lol at the "nothing has been signed" part

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

until poo poo is signed and legally transferred it's still iffy

You mean you don't trust him to do the paperwork properly/at all???

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
I wonder if lowtax will still receive money behind the scenes

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Banging my fists on the table: Jeffrey! Jeffrey!
Other prisoners in the lunch room: Jeffrey! JEFFREY!
Warden over the PA: JEFFREY! JEFFREY!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i gotta admit, it would be pretty funny if this was the return of Leonard J. Crabs.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Yeah, anyone else not buying this? Feels way too neat and clean for a messy bitch like Lowtax.

I can actually believe they got lowtax to say he'd sell it, he is an idiot after all.

The real question is can they follow through before some mood swings makes him change his mind

Also curious how many debts and lovely liens are out on the company and how much fundraising will be needed

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Nothus posted:

lol at the "nothing has been signed" part

exactly this, it's still gonna blow up barring some satanic miracle

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I trust the other mods. I’d like to hear from LITERALLY A BIRD about what she saw and if she left because of any part of this deal.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Agean90 posted:

I can actually believe they got lowtax to say he'd sell it, he is an idiot after all.

The real question is can they follow through before some mood swings makes him change his mind

Also curious how many debts and lovely liens are out on the company and how much fundraising will be needed

Gotta figure Tax has been mishandling finances for decades so signing away all the liability for endless embezzlement is probably a net gain in itself

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

so uh the goatman's still there for me

its there for me again, its a gosh dang phase shifting, warner brothers goatse

mystes
May 31, 2006

rudecyrus posted:

this is going to fall through due to something awful

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I"ll gently caress anything that moves

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
The ultimate goon project ................

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

relevant

https://youtu.be/XJpweJnSJto

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

lmao wtf is this gobbeldygook

"please dont burn it down"" i, jeffrey of yospos, say standing upon a pile of smoldering ashes

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
I, Jeffrey of YOSPOS, have decided to hire a new admin. Every please welcome new user Shmowtax. He is NOT Lowtax.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

I"ll gently caress anything that moves

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

rudecyrus posted:

so when he says "preserve all of the things that make this site incredible" does that mean keeping the lovely modmins

the r-word is back bby

also we're broker than ever plase donate for virtual space force ships

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
I'm dumb as poo poo myself but I'd assume any business deal here is going to involve both parties being too stupid to properly take advantage of each other, leading to mutual ruin and despair

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

rudecyrus posted:

I, Jeffrey of YOSPOS, have decided to hire a new admin. Every please welcome new user Shmowtax. He is NOT Lowtax.

Lowtax hasn't admin'd the site since what 2005?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I read the announcement, said "gently caress" with my jaw gaping, and now I'm here.

Jeffery, Reene, Burt need to be gone, and frankly I neither trust this deal to actually happen or for things to be any better with Jeffery as figurehead. gently caress this announcement, gently caress him and his "how do you do fellow posters" goatse.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

I'm dumb as poo poo myself but I'd assume any business deal here is going to involve both parties being too stupid to properly take advantage of each other, leading to mutual ruin and despair

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Dustcat posted:

the r-word is back bby

also we're broker than ever plase donate for virtual space force ships

He was the single one behind the scenes who kept FYAD around in the blighted times right? I seem to remember the mods heavily implying that he had the final say and he liked it because they all idolized him

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

if theres one thing richard "lowtax" kyanka is known for, it's honoring his promises

"paperwork hasnt been signed yet." what a dumb attempt to deflect

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i just can't see lowtax selling it for less than a few hundred grand, and otoh i don't see jeffrey of yospos putting that kind of dosh into a goon project

who knows, maybe we'll see a kickstarter, lmao

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

you don't need paperwork when you're "transfering" the site from one CIA asset to another

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

This is also classic "abuser after getting caught" behavior. For whatever stupid reason Jeffery & co have been sucked back in to the same abuser they covered up and excused. I don't blame them per se but it's not going to be good for them. This is as fake and as forced as that horrible Facebook video, and it's exactly the same tactic with another 24hrs worth of benzos abuserbrain.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm choosing the path of cautious optimism.

FOR NOW.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

T-man posted:

I read the announcement, said "gently caress" with my jaw gaping, and now I'm here.

Jeffery, Reene, Burt need to be gone, and frankly I neither trust this deal to actually happen or for things to be any better with Jeffery as figurehead. gently caress this announcement, gently caress him and his "how do you do fellow posters" goatse.

Same, any of those chucklefucks being involved should be a deal breaker

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

docbeard posted:

I'm choosing the path of cautious optimism.

FOR NOW.

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I bought the forums