Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I don’t believe a word until there’s a signed legal document confirming the sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Jeffrey seems a bit more like the benevolent/disinterested ruler type than someone eager to execute some sort of forums pogrom

he may not have covered himself in glory during the ppj saga but I also recall him being pretty dismissive of the qcs crew’s attempts to shut down cspam because we were going to cause the police to end up knocking on lowtax’s door (quite the claim, both at the time and especially in retrospect)

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

jeffrey spending his bitcoin wealth to turn somethingawful into a nazi yospos is one of the funnier endings, not gonna lie

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I watched how they destroyed LF it was not a simple deletion it was hosed up and they're going to do the same thing to this forum
if you're so sure then why wait around

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Squizzle posted:

jeffreys #1 most consistent sentiment in mod spaces, in the time ive been a mod, has been that the mods/admins should take care of the community and the people on something awful

just in past conversation about “some cspam people are convinced you wanna close cspam and ban us all??” his first and immediate response was no, that would hurt the huge number of people who love cspam and rely on it as a community (paraphrase but to thebest of my recollection the exact sentiment expressed)

now im not asking you to trust my ~*secret knowledge~* more than yr own eyes and heart, but plz take that for w/e its worth to you

Yeah Jeff and I have legit had some serious disagreements and whatever but he cares about the communities here which is a giant loving improvement

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Thesaurus posted:

Y'all take posting in cspam very seriously

gently caress you i dont take it seriously at all!!!!!!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This is why I'm glad I didn't accidentally say something conciliatory to you on the way out because you are and have always been a joyless contrarian

i make every post with pure grim determination, not for joy but only out of pure absolute duty

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Jeffrey seems a bit more like the benevolent/disinterested ruler type than someone eager to execute some sort of forums pogrom

he may not have covered himself in glory during the ppj saga but I also recall him being pretty dismissive of the qcs crew’s attempts to shut down cspam because we were going to cause the police to end up knocking on lowtax’s door (quite the claim, both at the time and especially in retrospect)

Lol, it makes way more sense in retrospect. No loving wonder Lowtax was terrified of having police in his house.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it seems a lot like he cares about one recently closed community and everyone else "separate but equal"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Too much talking about this new guy. Is lowtax going to kill himself or not?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Gazpacho posted:

ah yes the old love it or leave it, a classic that gets them every time

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol, it makes way more sense in retrospect. No loving wonder Lowtax was terrified of having police in his house.

hahahaha holy poo poo i had not connected these dots

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Dustcat posted:

ah yes the old love it or leave it, a classic that gets them every time
match your actions to your talk

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i make every post with pure grim determination, not for joy but only out of pure absolute duty

Alright I regret posting that almost immediately. You're not a bastard and you don't deserve the scorn but you do have a way of getting my goat

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I don’t believe a word until there’s a signed legal document confirming the sale

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Alright I regret posting that almost immediately. You're not a bastard and you don't deserve the scorn but you do have a way of getting my goat

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Gazpacho posted:

i don't think we're understanding each other

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

it is a time to welcome and come together, not to find new grudges

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

Y'all take posting in cspam very seriously

i provide only the highest degree of consideration towards what i am posting in the approximately quarter of a second it takes to press quote or reply, then smash my keyboard aggressively for a while and hit Submit Reply before i bother to read any of it again

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

pancake rabbit posted:

hahahaha holy poo poo i had not connected these dots

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

i provide only the highest degree of consideration towards what i am posting in the approximately quarter of a second it takes to press quote or reply, then smash my keyboard aggressively for a while and hit Submit Reply before i bother to read any of it again

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Koalas March posted:

I honestly just hope Jeffrey runs the place like a legitimate business and hires some good front page writers, fosters/encourages different types of comedy content etc and hires people to take care of things on the business side that are (presumably? Maybe he's a wiz idk) Out of his wheelhouse

that reminds me id actually heard of logan day before all this broke out beause i answered the ad for front page writers she was enthusiastic about my work and said shed try and get lowtax to pay me like a normal person since my resume warrants it and i even gave her some pitches but nope got totally ghosted

apologies if this anecdote accidentally improves your opinion of lowtax for anyone who hates my posting

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Gazpacho posted:

I always have hope

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

drat

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

holy poo poo

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Posting in cspam is rending oneself unto the lord (epic Gritty) and should be treated as such. Imagine keyboardgoop.jpg but with blood instead, that’s the rig every cspammer should have

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dont worry, theres always more goat in the announcement

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

that reminds me id actually heard of logan day before all this broke out beause i answered the ad for front page writers she was enthusiastic about my work and said shed try and get lowtax to pay me like a normal person since my resume warrants it and i even gave her some pitches but nope got totally ghosted

apologies if this anecdote accidentally improves your opinion of lowtax for anyone who hates my posting

yeah i think logan & lowtax were pretty clear in that people would only get paid their 40 bux per front page post after an unpaid trial period of 2 months

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rudecyrus posted:

I, Jeffrey of YOSPOS,

Smekerman
Feb 3, 2001
Sorry to break up the in-fighting for a second, but has anyone pointed out that in her last update, Logan outright says that Lowtax coerced her into making that video and kept telling her she ruined his life? Because she did. Imagine getting saddled with that blame, that she’s the one who caused “the downfall of SA”. Holy gently caress.

I’ve had this dull rage inside me ever since I read it and it greatly pains me to see how little Lowtax is truly discussed. Lowtax is the ultimate cop. The final boss of Cop Land, after you’ve vanquished the inept mod team and the sleazy, sleuthy admin team. You’re all accusing all these subordinates of being cops. No poo poo; that’s all they know, from top to bottom of power structure. Lowtax very much cares about that power, and it just seeps downwards.

Also, he’s an abusive, manipulative piece of poo poo. You think this stops with the women that try to be his partners? From my experience, these people try to manipulate everyone in their lives, from the cashier at the corner store, to their fuckin doctor or mother. They get off on manipulating.

So with that in mind, ask yourself what kind of hosed up power structure they would foster on a site they had total control of.

Lowtax is a subhuman piece of trash and he deserves the same violence done unto him as he has imparted it so easily to others. I hope he’s at least in a little bit of mental anguish. It would nourish me.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol i'm just now thinking about the front page, with jeffrey of yospos in charge of the hired talent

it's gonna be epic

arfjason was right

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

T-man posted:

it seems a lot like he cares about one recently closed community and everyone else "separate but equal"
that's one hell of an analogy to make

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I should make a note for modmins: to literally everyone who isn't in the know this is exactly the same way every mishandled scandal has been handled for years: people get really loving pissed, the mods tell us they're hearing us and we're valid, ?? something ?? happens behind closed doors, people who really shouldn't be trusted are involved and possibly making decisions, and now there's an announcement telling us not to worry and everything will be fine.

Every other time things have not, in fact, been fine. Going "well if you don't love it leave" is some Biden level not reading the room.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I guess I'm just really fixated on the idea of lowtax getting indefinite passive income. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to see the terms of the agreement after it has been signed.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

QUEER FRASIER posted:

jeff actively protects the qcs crew in the byob subforum, like renee he likes to pretend he's a step removed from things but has rolled in some poo poo himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Smekerman posted:

Sorry to break up the in-fighting for a second, but has anyone pointed out that in her last update, Logan outright says that Lowtax coerced her into making that video and kept telling her she ruined his life? Because she did. Imagine getting saddled with that blame, that she’s the one who caused “the downfall of SA”. Holy gently caress.

I’ve had this dull rage inside me ever since I read it and it greatly pains me to see how little Lowtax is truly discussed. Lowtax is the ultimate cop. The final boss of Cop Land, after you’ve vanquished the inept mod team and the sleazy, sleuthy admin team. You’re all accusing all these subordinates of being cops. No poo poo; that’s all they know, from top to bottom of power structure. Lowtax very much cares about that power, and it just seeps downwards.

Also, he’s an abusive, manipulative piece of poo poo. You think this stops with the women that try to be his partners? From my experience, these people try to manipulate everyone in their lives, from the cashier at the corner store, to their fuckin doctor or mother. They get off on manipulating.

So with that in mind, ask yourself what kind of hosed up power structure they would foster on a site they had total control of.

Lowtax is a subhuman piece of trash and he deserves the same violence done unto him as he has imparted it so easily to others. I hope he’s at least in a little bit of mental anguish. It would nourish me.

This is a very good post and the reason I'm being hyperbolic with all this.