Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
If this loving place dies without Throatwarbler posting the emails, it was all for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Nice piece of fish posted:

gently caress it, made one:

Link removed, ask for a PM

I'll toss admin to everyone but blarghz.

Not all of us have platinum <:mad:>

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
just PM eminent and he will administer the bar exam to you and then charge you $200,000

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

GamingHyena posted:

Not all of us have platinum <:mad:>

i dont know how to invite you but i recognize you so if you email username @gmail.com i can put it into the discord for someone else to then deal with

actually Ill just put it in the discord so someone else can deal with

edit i dont look at my sa email often but i will look at it if you post and i recognize who you are

EwokEntourage fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 25, 2020

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

EwokEntourage posted:

i dont know how to invite you but i recognize you so if you email username @gmail.com i can put it into the discord for someone else to then deal with

actually Ill just put it in the discord so someone else can deal with

Sent with what I believe to be my discord handle.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
So long to all if this is the end. Almost 17 years for me.

Send me a discord link/invite

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I'm cool to let the website and all my lovely posts fade away. Being a lawyer sucks, but it sucks a little less knowing that all of you randos also hate it. Good luck to all of you, I really mean that.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
I would also like a Discord link via PM, please.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I would also like an invite via PM, please.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Zachack posted:

Do you need to be a lawyer to join the lawyer discord? As an engineer that works with lawyers I enjoy reading about lawyer foibles and learning secret handshakes.

Same. If you're allowing lurkers, I would very much like a PM invite. I've spent much of the day joining Discord channels for all the threads I'm subscribed to and want to continue to follow, and this is one of them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm glad we don't all have to abandon ship. Jeffrey is good people.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/spb_original/status/1275881294887518210

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Word on the street is lowtax will be completely out and will not be getting any funds going forward. I'm certain that he's getting paid something to gently caress off, but he is indeed loving off.

By street I mean Anathanos.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm too old to know what a discord is so bye

e: oh nm

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Popero posted:

No need, friend. Lowtax is gone. The forums aren't going anywhere.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I too believe that the degenerate hillbilly pillhead who has clung to these dead gay forums for two decades like a lich clings to its phylactery will surely step away for real this time

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
shut up, nerds, and loving enjoy something for once.

FizFashizzle posted:

im loving dying

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lets see the goddamn contract!!!

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

no, because I'll burst into legally binding flames if I see it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mr. Nice! posted:

shut up, nerds, and loving enjoy something for once.

hahahahha

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Popero posted:

e: oh nm

What?

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Word on the street is lowtax will be completely out and will not be getting any funds going forward. I'm certain that he's getting paid something to gently caress off, but he is indeed loving off.

By street I mean Anathanos.

paying someone to gently caress off is the american way

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Seems like the Papa Johns/Crossfit strategy in a nutshell.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
So which of you did Lowtax + Jeffrey hire to handle the transfer of the LLC?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

thehoodie posted:

So which of you did Lowtax + Jeffrey hire to handle the transfer of the LLC?

Seller/Lowtax is being represented by Wachtell and purchaser is backed by Blackstone and represented by Kirkland and Ellis. This type of sophisticated technology transaction deserves the best.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Surely Wachtell is taking a crack at the initial draft.

e: gently caress

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Doodoo diligence

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
In other news, another T4 is closing.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
i'm gene hackman at the end of the conversation and these forums are my apartment

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
are any of you nerd psychos runners. i have running questions.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

terrorist ambulance posted:

Don't do it! I ran once and almost died

The Watchword
May 21, 2007
I'm counting to ten.
Nap Ghost
I’m a nerd psycho biglaw runner who has lurked in this thread since 0L and was drawn out by the recent drama, happy to take any questions. Side note, I’m old but used to think this thread probably misrepresented the realities of biglaw. To any other lurkers: nope!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

The Watchword posted:

I’m a nerd psycho biglaw runner who has lurked in this thread since 0L and was drawn out by the recent drama, happy to take any questions. Side note, I’m old but used to think this thread probably misrepresented the realities of biglaw. To any other lurkers: nope!

Why don't you post more? Pull your weight

Can you post throatwarblers e-mails?

What's your favourite drink?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

terrorist ambulance posted:

Ride bikes instead. Better for your knees.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Ski instead, better for your abs.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Watchword posted:

Welcome aboard! We're gonna need your class year, alma mater tier, mile time, current firm vault rank (range/approximate # OK), and dick length/circumference (need precise figures for this one) to get started.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Would anyone be so kind as to send a few attorney referrals in Missouri to Jeffrey? With the transition that is taking place, it will be important for him to have a good legal representation. I know that that is not with this thread is for, and I apologize for the intrusion, but this feels like a situation where a quality attorney will make a big difference. Thank you.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Pick posted:

Would anyone be so kind as to send a few attorney referrals in Missouri to Jeffrey? With the transition that is taking place, it will be important for him to have a good legal representation. I know that that is not with this thread is for, and I apologize for the intrusion, but this feels like a situation where a quality attorney will make a big difference. Thank you.

I'm sure they'll be fine with Leonard J Crabs at the helm

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Pick posted:

X-posted to the discord, for what it's worth. Jeffrey is probably swamped with pms at the moment though, so maybe hard to get through? Might want to have him pop in and suggest an email or other contact to send suggestions?

Certainly the right place to ask I think DV already has some drafts ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Watchword
May 21, 2007
I'm counting to ten.
Nap Ghost

Vox Nihili posted:

Welcome aboard! We're gonna need your class year, alma mater tier, mile time, current firm vault rank (range/approximate # OK), and dick length/circumference (need precise figures for this one) to get started.

Class year: under review
Alma mater tier: under review
Mile time: under review
Current firm vault rank: under review
Dick length/circumference: information to be provided following entry of a common interest agreement

Thank you. Please let us know if you have any questions.