Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ymgve posted:

I thought it was free for all now? But anyway, the rules have always been different and more relaxed for AAA games

How ironic, that the cyberpunk game where you can see a cock is an example of how corporations control the distribution of cocks in our cyberpunk reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

dreamless posted:

Like the bad Sonic trailer, it's so they'll get more press later when they announce their full suite of vaginas.

They're holding those back for dlc

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Are the two dicks circumcised and uncircumcised?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ymgve posted:

I thought it was free for all now? But anyway, the rules have always been different and more relaxed for AAA games

Robert Yang has pointed out how his queer games (even ones without explicit nudity) have been banned from Twitch, there's no way they would ban Cyberpunk lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
maybe there'll be a pixelation toggle for streams

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I for one welcome our Jeffery of YOSPOS overlord

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They're holding those back for dlc

They'll make the one vagina they've got be bushy, then charge $20 for a shaved version

they'll become a company of trillionaires overnight

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I liked The Longest Journey at the time; I even beat it. Haven't played it since though.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

A vagina option, or a vulva option? Vulva is exterior, vagina is interior... it's embarrassing seeing people confuse the two in TYOOL 2020.

something I randomly googled just now titled Calling vulvas vaginas is linguistic clitorectomy posted:

In our culture, little girls grow up learning that boys have penises and girls have vaginas. In consequence, the vagina is conceptually understood to constitute the essence of female genitalia. The vulva may be mistakenly included in the notion of vagina or simply ignored. This ignorance persists among adult women, many of whom may not even be familiar with correct anatomical terms. There is no doubt that “vagina” is the most frequently used colloquial term for the female genitalia. This “widespread denial of female external genitalia” contributes to ignorance and insecurities among women, which are easily exploited for profit.

Think for a moment how little it makes sense to tell little girls that their genitals are called “vaginas.” Children are aware of what they can see and feel, which is the vulva. Most little girls aren’t even aware of their actual vaginas, which are simply cavities allowing for insertion of a penis and delivery of a baby — functions completely irrelevant to children. Why do we teach girls, at such an early age, that the anatomy capable of giving them pleasure is not important enough to name?

Even in some academic texts and medical committee opinions, the term “vagina” is used as a catchall term for female genitals. Such terminological non-specificity and inaccuracy is highly problematic. Reference to the female genitals as “vagina” rather than “vulva” leaves the semantic impression that the vulva doesn’t exist. As researchers of genital appearance satisfaction in women note, “women often lack knowledge or vocabulary to distinguish between the different anatomical structures and functions of the genital area.” As a result, many women may not even have a language with which to qualify the presence and function of the vulva. The implication of this sociolinguistic phenomenon is that structures of the external genitalia are extraneous.

Language imposes semantic constraints on cognitive conceptions of reality. As one author has noted “a language that does not enable women to talk about the different parts of the genitalia or to conceptualize the genitalia as comprised as various parts, might perpetuate the absence of women’s genitalia from their conceptualized body.” Integration of this anatomy requires directed educational measures.

In one interview study of 15 women, aged 19–22, many of the participants responded with confusion to the question “How well do you feel you understand the various parts that comprise women’s genitals?” The authors reported that other participants also responded with anger, embarrassment and confusion. In addition they reported, “the women in this study reported a vagueness, lack of knowledge, and even admitted outright ignorance about their genitals.” The authors of this study specifically noted that in the absence of information about vulvar anatomy, young women “may worry unnecessarily about their bodies.”

The focus on the vagina is symptomatic of our conception of female bodies and female sexuality in general. Female sexuality is framed as passive while male sexuality is framed as active. The general conception of sex is framed around penetration and male orgasm. We call female genitals “vagina,” which is a word meaning “sheath,” and we neglect to name or adequately represent anatomy critical for female sexual arousal and orgasm.

Focus on the vagina leads to an expectation that vulvas be invisible. As one author notes, “although representations of female nudity are common, detailed, accurate representations of female genitals are rare.” In one analysis of women’s magazines, the authors identified a social norm that women’s genitalia should be invisible, with only a “smooth curve between the thighs” and no protruding labia. Most commercial images of underwear or swimsuits are either airbrushed or feature the model with legs slightly crossed or hips turned.

There is a social “premise that women’s genitalia are an ‘absence’ contrasted with the ‘presence’ of the male phallus.” Essentially, the presence of external genitalia is equated with masculinity. This premise leads to a “simplistic typing of male and female genitalia from a young age,” as exemplified in reports by two women of “a child relative mistaking their labia for a penis.” The use of vague, euphemistic terms by parents likely exacerbates this situation. That childlike vulvas are considered ideal is likely evidence that this simplistic understanding of gender difference extends into adulthood.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
CDPR must respond or I shan't be purchasing.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

hope they add options for balls

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

hope they add options for balls

coinpurse / the grandpa / half and half / the lance

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Gathering a mega list of awesome arcade balls to the wall XBLA games for Xbox 360.

So far the list is:

hard corps uprising, bionic commando rearmed, spelunky, vf2, VOOT, Daytona USA, fighting vipers, vf5fs. poo poo like MvC2 and Outrun 2 have been taken down.

What else rocks that I'm missing? I guess you could throw in 2d shooters? What's legit? Is there an arcade gaming thread here?

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 26, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Trying to think of a dirty joke involving the phrase "sapir-whorf hypothesis" and not coming up with a lot

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Jupiter Jazz posted:

Gathering a mega list of awesome arcade balls

Grapplejack posted:

coinpurse / the grandpa / half and half / the lance

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Jupiter Jazz posted:

Gathering a mega list of awesome arcade balls to the wall XBLA games for Xbox 360.

So far the list is:

hard corps uprising, bionic commando rearmed, spelunky, vf2, VOOT, Daytona USA, fighting vipers, vf5fs. poo poo like MvC2 and Outrun 2 have been taken down.

What else rocks that I'm missing? I guess you could throw in 2d shooters? What's legit? Is there an arcade gaming thread here?

Geometry wars 2.

I also remember enjoying The Dishwasher.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Wildtortilla posted:

Geometry wars 2.

I also remember enjoying The Dishwasher.

I didn't care too much about Geometry Wars 1. I'm not big on that type of shooter. The Dishwasher looks alright.

Oh right, Xbox 360 also has Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, and Banjo Tooie. Adding to the list. Also Shadow Complex although not too arcade-y. And Splosion Man/Ms Splosion Man of course.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ambaire posted:

A vagina option, or a vulva option? Vulva is exterior, vagina is interior... it's embarrassing seeing people confuse the two in TYOOL 2020.

sapir-whorf is generally discredited within the linguistic community

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

But that does remind me: rip XBLIG, you were done dirty.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

sapir-whorf is generally discredited within the linguistic community
linguists have no honor

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I feel good about the announcement.

Also AMNESTY for everything that happened in Games during the turbulence. I will still be not properly modding until I am sure of everything but I would like to say a big thanks to Jeff. :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Amnesty eh? Well Kirby sucks

(USER WAS POYO'D FOR THIS POST)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Infinitum posted:

kirby would eat the jeans this is so stupid

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Good going, Jeffrey.

Take THAT, neogaf

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Amnesty for this wonderful sub? Heck right! Games is great, Games is going to continue and Games has got a great IK team. I am pretty happy and this is me tempered until everything is a done deal.

This place has been 17 years of experience for me across 4 countries. I absolutely would have walked away and I had come to terms with that because there was still the fantastic discord

(Where I bought Amid Evil and Dusk thanks to some recommendations!)

to talk to you, but I would have missed the terabytes of pages on all kinds of games.

This feels like a great moment for the forums and I am happy. I hope things change the way I am led to believe they will and that we can continue posting for another 20 years :D

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Finally, the one time where I can finally get away with saying: Dark Souls 3 was bad

Dunno, game just never clicked with me throughout the entire playthrough. Always wanted to revisit it and maybe the other Souls games to see if it was the game itself or me getting burnt out on the series as a whole but never got around to it. It felt a little too hard for my taste, even when trying to be proactive with upgrading weapons and such and with how I heard they made magic and such less viable I felt less inclined to do more playthroughs as other builds

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What on earth happened to Brigador?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Greader posted:

Finally, the one time where I can finally get away with saying: Dark Souls 3 was bad

Dunno, game just never clicked with me throughout the entire playthrough. Always wanted to revisit it and maybe the other Souls games to see if it was the game itself or me getting burnt out on the series as a whole but never got around to it. It felt a little too hard for my taste, even when trying to be proactive with upgrading weapons and such and with how I heard they made magic and such less viable I felt less inclined to do more playthroughs as other builds

this thread's consensus is it's okay

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
My consensus is that it's great and probably my favorite of the three even with having played all Souls games on release. They're all amongst my favorite games overall though.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Acerbatus posted:

What on earth happened to Brigador?

Developer was posting transphobic stuff on an offsite as recently as a few weeks ago, images got posted, the dev stepped down with a standard "I realise now I was wrong" statement. Then the thread started getting brigaded by posters from that offsite, claiming that because an apology had been issued, how could anyone possibly want any more from the dev, cancel culture evil blah blah blah. Then images surfaced of the dev messaging a user on the offsite to basically say the statement was necessary to cover the asses of his colleagues (implication being that his claims to have suddenly seen the light were entirely false). Then a big slapfight over whether the person who posted the leaked screenshots was himself racist, or if evidence suggesting that to be the case had been doctored by people from the offsite.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm glad the forums are saved so that I don't have to pretend to like the idea of posting anywhere else.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Greader posted:

My personal concensus is it's the weakest Souls game by quite a margin.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Infinitum posted:

He'd wear them like a hat.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

As current OP, a position that carries with it certain responsibilities as well as certain privileges, I feel the need to step in and cast the tie-breaking vote. Let the records show that, at least until next month, the official Games Chat Thread position is that Dark Souls 3 is a very good game

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Dark souls 3 is easily my favorite. 1's good and I'd like to have an opinion on 2 if i could ever finish it :argh:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

im right before the final boss of ds3 after having completed the dlcs, and i still think ds2 is my favorite dark's souls game.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
May as well add some positivity by mentioning that I did really like DaS 2 and the reason for it. Basically, one thing I enjoy about the series is the variety of builds and playstyles you get by going all strength, dex, magic, combining them, etc. and DaS 2 to me had the largest variety especially with the powerstances. I loved my dumb strength/int/faith build that at the end had me dual wielding bastard swords, one fire and one darkness enchanted while occasionally switching over to blasting enemies with dark magic that were too big of a pain to fight in melee, which is fantasy wish-fulfillment as gently caress. I'm sorta coming around on adaptability or whatever it was called being kind of a meh stat since I felt I needed to invest a bunch for decent iframes and all but otherwise it felt like a Souls game I could play start to finish and have a enjoyable experience throughout, even if not with as many highpoints and lowpoints as DaS 1.

Oddly enough I never really got into Scholar of the First Sin. Think it's because I played so much of the original that the new enemy placements and such catch me offguard enough to where my brain tells me it sucks, even if it probably doesn't :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I'm glad the forums are saved so that I don't have to pretend to like the idea of posting anywhere else.

Yeah like.. emergency Discord + other forum parachute accounts are good and all.. but like.. I want to post here; just so long as Lowtax gets shot out of a cannon and doesn't loving exist here anymore.

I don't talk about it, like at all, but I was physically and mentally abused by my ex for a number of years and it's the worst loving thing to experience; because they make you think that you're the problem. Abusers gently caress with your head in the worst way, and I still suffer from a lot of mental health issues due to it, and from everything I've seen of Logan I see echoes of my own experience. Like the video where she goes "I'm good. I'm safe. But I'm hurting Rich" just broke my loving heart.

Lowtax is a loving dog oval office that needs to get his name loving dragged, and end with him thrown in a bin to rot.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Yeah like.. emergency Discord + other forum parachute accounts are good and all.. but like.. I want to post here; just so long as Lowtax gets shot out of a cannon and doesn't loving exist here anymore.

I don't talk about it, like at all, but I was physically and mentally abused by my ex for a number of years and it's the worst loving thing to experience; because they make you think that you're the problem. Abusers gently caress with your head in the worst way, and I still suffer from a lot of mental health issues due to it, and from everything I've seen of Logan I see echoes of my own experience. Like the video where she goes "I'm good. I'm safe. But I'm hurting Rich" just broke my loving heart.

Lowtax is a loving dog oval office that needs to get his name loving dragged, and end with him thrown in a bin to rot.

I can relate to that. I have severely bad blood with people who cover for them too.

I got abused by a person in a position of authority over me and it was the absolute most soul crushing thing in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dark Souls huh...that's cute

The real gamers are over here playing Nioh 2