Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'll start. I'm playing this RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitiive Edition for the Nintendo Switch. In it, the humans were saved by a legendary hero, Dunban, with a legendary sword a year ago. He was badly injured after that and spent the year laid up in bed. The main character, Shulk, The Usurper, happens to puzzle out a bit of how to use the legendary sword during an attack, and decides he's gonna keep it. Like 3 days later, Dunban shows up and is like "hey I'm fine now, can I join your party". He does, and Shulk doesn't even offer his sword back. The dude saved humanity and the main character just implicitly thinks like, "well I called dibs". Doesn't this make him kind of an rear end in a top hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Anyway I'll start with the easy ones. Any agreement I will sign will involve the complete and immediate divestment of Lowtax and, when it is executed in the immediate short term, he will not receive any sort of continuing revenue from something awful. It will be a complete transfer with no outstanding obligations to him, or it won't happen. I'm not making any random radical changes to suit my whims or yours, unless they're funny enough. This will remain the premiere source of internet comedy on the web and hell, I'll be here with you. I dutifully promise that I will never allow myself to become SA's absentee landlord, and if I find that one day I am no longer interested, I will make sure they end up in good hands. I will see to it that funds used to purchase things on SA are used to improve SA, or saved for a time of need. I recognize that I am in no way the owner of this community, merely its steward, and this transition depends on my good will with you all as much as anything. I'm going to be crazy overwhelmed with messages for....awhile and I'm sorry if I don't respond to something.

Thanks a shitload to all of the other admins, mods, and users who hung in there. This place is great because of you all and it has nothing to do with me, or Lowtax. This is by far the best website on the internet and it will continue to be. This poo poo was really scary and sad and I really hope we can move forward a stronger community for it.

Also I'm gonna remove the (non-goon) ads. gently caress ads. Thanks to everyone who bought no-ads, maybe I'll give you some sort of perk, probably not though!!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Thanks Jeffrey I love you you're doing an amazing job please make me a n admin and partner

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Thank you and godspeed.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I like Sid.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
boxers or boxer briefs?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Hi Jeffrey,

Why do the coward admins continue to refuse to make this entire gif my avatar?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Thank you Jeffrey

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

TheAardvark posted:

Hi Jeffrey,

Why do the coward admins continue to refuse to make this entire gif my avatar?

Yeah answer him you coward

The new administration will have to answer to this.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Kaboobi posted:

Thank you Jeffrey

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

everyone went to bed good night goons

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Will you repatriate the people who autobanned or otherwise left, provided they're willing to come back?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Cool poo poo dude :tipshat:

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

can we add new pets to the top of the main forums page

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

boxers or boxer briefs?
Boxers though, admittedly, never tried the latter.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Tommah posted:

can we add new pets to the top of the main forums page
Maybe but I think they're gonna go on the bottom of the page if I get rid of the ads.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Make a GoFundMe for $1,000,000 so we can get XenForo and then once it gets funded, don't do anything with the money just buy a car or something cool

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

can an optional ads on feature be implemented?

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Anyway I'll start with the easy ones. Any agreement I will sign will involve the complete and immediate divestment of Lowtax

So, uhh.. when is it 'safe' to buy forums upgrades again?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929835

Making sure you can see this^

Suggestion: Announce when the funds from purchases of avs or we will go to YOU

Thank you so much Jeffrey of SA

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Curious to know how much it costs to run something awful dot com

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

literally this big posted:

So, uhh.. when is it 'safe' to buy forums upgrades again?
When I make an announcement saying as much.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
How do we know you aren't Lowtax? He could just log in to your account if he wanted. Post a timestamp with your face proving your aren't Lowtax

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Can I have a special tag somewhere near my av that no one else can have that will make everyone jealous like my reg date

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Jeffrey you are a hero

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

funny way to spell posted:

How do we know you aren't Lowtax? He could just log in to your account if he wanted. Post a timestamp with your face proving your aren't Lowtax

Burt is really Lowtax in disguise because he doesn't have a spine.

Choose
Feb 15, 2020

🍀 :)

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Also I'm gonna remove the (non-goon) ads. gently caress ads. Thanks to everyone who bought no-ads, maybe I'll give you some sort of perk, probably not though!!!

Far as I’m concerned I have long since gotten my value out of that purchase.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jeffrey, what action will be taken regarding Reene and Burt's modding and admin powers? I don't think I'm alone in believing that them continuing in those roles is now completely untenable.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

funny way to spell posted:

Faces can be faked. Timestamp with an x-ray of your spine instead!

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Vagabundo posted:

Jeffrey, what action will be taken regarding Reene and Burt's modding and admin powers? I don't think I'm alone in believing that them continuing in those roles is now completely untenable.

I missed something apparently. What did they do?

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
you're a hero jeff. are you going to reinstate LAB? assuming they're still interested

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Can I be paid?

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Jeffrey, any ideas on improvements you'd make to this place?

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010
Honestly, I kind of appreciated the absentee landlord aspect--it let the forums evolve on their own. Kind of feel they'd be in a much worse state if Lowtax had stayed heavily involved.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
you are an honorable man jeffrey. Glad to think that maybe any money we put in to the forums might actually help make them better

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How much did it cost?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Heath posted:

Will you repatriate the people who autobanned or otherwise left, provided they're willing to come back?

Athanatos posted:

:siren: I just got confirmation Admins will be clearing all Auto-Bans that happened. If you know someone that did, you can let them know it should be reversed in a few days. If after a few days or so you still see one that gets missed, please let someone know. Make a QCS thread or PM me is the quickest way. I'll signal boost it till it is taken care of. :siren:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

How much longer will you allow us to riot and party and post NSFW images and stuff? I want to post my balls but there are several pimples that I'm hoping will clear up before I do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choose
Feb 15, 2020

Funky See Funky Do posted:

How much did it cost?

Note: this poster has been complaining elsewhere that any nonzero purchase amount they will raise a huge poo poo-fit over.