Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am ready to see it all pulled into Oblivion, only little islands floating in a sea of shadows remaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
And at the very end
Lowtax will be soulforged into an ashtray.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kurieg posted:

And at the very end
Lowtax will be soulforged into an ashtray.
It's 2020, Kurieg; he'd go to Swar, and you know what he'd become

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If we're getting a seventh maelstrom, 2020 is as good a place as any.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
We're only halfway through 2020, plenty of time for that and more.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Nessus posted:

It's 2020, Kurieg; he'd go to Swar, and you know what he'd become
I don't actually, I don't even know what Swar is. My wraith knowledge is basically centralized in "Lol sam haight's an ashtray"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kurieg posted:

I don't actually, I don't even know what Swar is. My wraith knowledge is basically centralized in "Lol sam haight's an ashtray"
Different geographical/cultural regions get different Dark Kingdoms; basically Stygia is the Western Imperialist Dark Kingdoms, and the "Dark Kingdom of Jade" is comparable in scale, with smaller ones floating around. Swar is the one for India, and it has a big garden of delights with what seems to be for-real, living, fruits and goodies and stuff.

It's all done using an alternative tech tree for Moliate to soulforge ghosts into chow.

Obviously the Tax man would become a ripe crop of mangosteens.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
ready for the gehenna war (a series of slapfights in various offsites and discords)

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

ElNarez posted:

ready for the gehenna war (a series of slapfights in various offsites and discords)

Rage Shitpost Across The Internet

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
this is the fall of Atlantis and all the various offsites are different Times Before

DantetheK9
Feb 2, 2020

Just...so fucking tired.

Has anyone ever put together a complete WOD Continuity reading order? I've got a lot of time to kill at work and a self-loathing streak. Reading the whole canon seems like a decent way to kill either time or my consciousness.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

DantetheK9 posted:

Has anyone ever put together a complete WOD Continuity reading order? I've got a lot of time to kill at work and a self-loathing streak. Reading the whole canon seems like a decent way to kill either time or my consciousness.

That's pretty much what Loomer's Grand Project is. They're hoping to get it out by the end of the year.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The Project will be complete! The Grand Bargain will be fulfilled! Ia! Ia!

DantetheK9
Feb 2, 2020

Just...so fucking tired.

Omnicrom posted:

That's pretty much what Loomer's Grand Project is. They're hoping to get it out by the end of the year.

Oh, good. There'll be someone waiting there for me when I achieve perfect madness then.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

DantetheK9 posted:

Do not do this thing. Turn back now,

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

DantetheK9 posted:

Oh, good. There'll be someone waiting there for me when I achieve perfect madness then.

Not necessarily. Touching the realm of platonic truths by completing a Great Work will probably annihilate you, and even if it doesn't might write you out of phenomenological reality, so there's a good chance if Loomer does IRL Ascend we may never know about it because he retroactively never would have been. I'd give it 40-60 odds on his Ascension. But hey, if he does, at least you'll get to compile years of spreadsheets and population ratios yourself!

DantetheK9
Feb 2, 2020

Just...so fucking tired.

Loomer posted:

Do not do this thing. Turn back now,

You underestimate both my self loathing and the amount of time an "essential" Federal employee who primarily works with tourists has on their hands right now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DantetheK9 posted:

You underestimate both my self loathing and the amount of time an "essential" Federal employee who primarily works with tourists has on their hands right now.

If it helps, I'm not even sure where you'd start. Just keeping it to Vampire would even be difficult. Like... all the clanbooks generally talk about their Antediluvian and then on up to modern nights. A lot of those are fun (the Revised editions) so... maybe do those thirteen books and then if they yammer about something we could point you in another direction?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Better to go for the famously bad or good books.

Going in order will start you off with twenty fairly boring books.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
Just read Eternal Hearts and call it a day.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/worldofdarkness/status/1277959166770855936

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"Please right our floundering, poo poo smeared ship."

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Kurieg posted:

If anyone can do it, Justin can.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

He did it once before, didn’t he?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Dave Brookshaw posted:

If anyone can do it, Justin can.

Oh for certain. The only thing that could make me happier than this announcement would be Skemp on Werewolf again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kurieg posted:

Oh for certain. The only thing that could make me happier than this announcement would be Skemp on Werewolf again.

Sadly working under the CCP regime burned Skemp out on writing RPGs, but who knows. It would be cool.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, IIRC Skemp is one of the cool ones.

I also remember him being a cool poster on rpg.net.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Achilli is actually someone who could do it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I have friends who still hate Achilli for culling the number of dumb bloodlines.

It's hilarious.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Step 1: replace masquerade with requiem, again.

step 2: step 1 fixed everything.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Wod is extremely good

https://twitter.com/worldofdarkness/status/1276588041998667776

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Kurieg posted:

This is a weird and untrue thing to post. You should wish for tabletops to be successful

I for one am glad the Wod and vampire have returned to prominence

Oberst fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 30, 2020

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
not gonna lie, a trans pride toreador tank is kinda appealing

still not as cool as a trans pride acolyte tank though

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Oberst posted:

This is a weird and untrue thing to post. You should wish for tabletops to be successful

I for one am glad the Wod and vampire have returned to prominence

You seem to think my post was a negative, it wasn't.

I want good tabletops to be successful, and The World of Darkness being helmed by Achilli has the potential to be that. Particularly because Achilli was the guy who actually shepherded Vampire for the past 20 years.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Kurieg posted:

You seem to think my post was a negative, it wasn't.

I want good tabletops to be successful, and The World of Darkness being helmed by Achilli has the potential to be that. Particularly because Achilli was the guy who actually shepherded Vampire for the past 20 years.

I'm glad V5 and the wod suite are already successful, but some positivity from you for once is good 🙌

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Pretty good stream for anyone who missed it - Vancouver by night with my man B Dave Walters

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/662721354

Matt mercer as Beckett

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
there were two loving posts between your last set of responses, learn to use the edit button for your white noise posts

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I know you only hitched your wagon to V5 when things were already good so let me give you a rundown. When they announced V5, Martin went on at length about how the previous people who were in charge of vampire had squandered the brand and were terrible. And that somehow Martin was the true inheritor of Mark's "vision".

Despite the fact that Mark was barely in charge of Vampire and Justin Achilli was the line runner from the middle of 2nd edition through revised, the 20th Anniversary, and yes, Requiem. He was the one who wrote the foreword in New York By Night saying that trying to leverage the book to capitalize on 9/11 would be gross and crass.

So putting Justin Achilli of all people in charge of Martin's vanity project is the first sign in a very long white that Paradox actually wants to improve this game and aren't just hastily trying to cover their rear end while thinking about Optics.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah, IIRC Skemp is one of the cool ones.

I also remember him being a cool poster on rpg.net.

Ethan did for Werewolf what Justin did for Vampire. Both lines of course still had their problematic elements during both guys' tenure on the lines, but also both worked hard to scale them back.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I have friends who still hate Achilli for culling the number of dumb bloodlines.

It's hilarious.

Oh, lord, yes. Whatever did we do without the Ahrimanes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

It says a little bit that it could be considered a remarkably saavy business decision to hire the person responsible for making oWoD Vampire when it was successful to try and make oWoD Vampire successful.