Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

precious memories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

larper
Apr 9, 2019
Thinking of getting a second REALFORCE R2 PFU Limited Edition Keyboard (Full, Ivory, 45G) ($345.14, No Returns), thinking about the 55G in black this time, anyone have any exp with the 55?

larper
Apr 9, 2019

Fib posted:

Unsure about the negative space on this keyboard design I printed

nice cubby for ur butt plug collection

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

Number of times I've had to break out the soldering iron to fix this beautiful handwired keyboard matrix since I started typing on it: 3

greg the peanut
Dec 24, 2000

The new rama works (ion zenith) looks pretty cool, any thoughts?

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
I wrote teensy 2.0 firmware to interface with this 160-key monster keyboard by reverse engineering it from pcb photos. Apart from a few dumb compile errors it worked first time and the dude I wrote it for paid me 100 bucks. I feel cool as hell

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Fib posted:

I wrote teensy 2.0 firmware to interface with this 160-key monster keyboard by reverse engineering it from pcb photos. Apart from a few dumb compile errors it worked first time and the dude I wrote it for paid me 100 bucks. I feel cool as hell

i'm the dedicated Hialeah button

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fib posted:

Did they solder the teensy into where the existing mcu was to tap into the rows/columns of the matrix?

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

i'm the Person button

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

mewse posted:

Did they solder the teensy into where the existing mcu was to tap into the rows/columns of the matrix?

Yeah, it goes through 3 shift registers for the rows, and reads off 8 columns. So the logical matrix is 30 rows 8 columns which means the traces seemed like complete nonsense at first

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

that thing's loving crazy, wonder what it was originally for. government call center? the numpad is arranged like a telephone, complete with letters.

greg the peanut
Dec 24, 2000

If I had to guess, meant for a 911 operator? Seems to be built around filling specific fields fast.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Phone operator? Lots of phone calls sounding stuff around the edges, major area codes on the bottom left, pay phone collect/return coin buttons top row third from right, directory lookup stuff on the main keyboard.

tk fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 20, 2020

larper
Apr 9, 2019

Fib posted:

Wish I had that when I was dialing for my man bernie

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

ha,

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what in the gently caress

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Captain Foo posted:

what in the gently caress

funy computar

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.
imagine making a custom keyboard and leaving caps lock there, where ctrl should be

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

The perfect keyboard for OChem 201

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

*tips keys into glass of water*

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

who needs keyboard goop when you can have keyboard honey?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Is that thing "normal" sized or tiny like a multimedia remote?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

involuntarily sucked in my breath thru my teeth when seeing the up/rshift situation here

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

https://fusion.durgod.com/

they look cool, but rather small and compact

i want one anyway

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its nice looking but how do you people survive without function keys

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

in general key-count-minimalism is the bit i understand the least among the common keyboard snobbery themes.

i could go for an extra block of nonsense (maybe some nice caps printed with 70s/80s-styled versions of the icons of some of my favourite bits of software) if anything.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

pram posted:

they can’t. they’ll get extremely frustrated, but look cool while doing so if they have this keyboard. let’s just hope someone is actually watching them. maybe they can live stream, and have the keyboard in the background not being used. that would make it worthwhile. as long as someone sees it

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
i have a keyboard without function keys and it's absolutely not a big deal. fn+number is the equivalent and does the job well

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

it's just completely dependent on what you're doing. 90% of my day i don't even touch the function row but then i'll need to use ispf or something and holding fn to use them that frequently gets super super tiring

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

pram posted:

Use caps lock as the function key, number keys become function keys.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

in general key-count-minimalism is the bit i understand the least among the common keyboard snobbery themes.
Less hand movement is more comfortable.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

tk posted:

Use caps lock as the function key, number keys become function keys.

Less hand movement is more comfortable.

but why can’t caps lock be a symbol lock, so that i can one-handedly stroke the number keys and get exclamation, number, at’s and dollar signs, hmm?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

pram posted:

It’s for my MacBook Pro :smugmrgw:

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

there was a port with netplay, there’s also a sequel on steam

i was looking for this but couldn’t find. post link please.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

computer toucher posted:

i was looking for this but couldn’t find. post link please.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/246580/The_Typing_of_The_Dead_Overkill/

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

thanks, I thought there’s a version you can play in the browser as I’m a machaver and have nothing that runs windows.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

pram posted:

They can barely function.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

computer toucher posted:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I guess you can argue about stuff like not having a number pad, but the line for me is any time you replace a one-handed operation with one that requires both hands in the name of removing keys. fn+# for f keys is a non starter for me for that reason. See also: laptop keyboards with no pgup/pgdn keys that use function + up or down arrows. uhg gently caress that

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

computer toucher posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

your brain with one hemisphere smoothed down by the lack of num pad only needs to be smoothed off fully on the other half to enjoy no function keys

keys which on osx do important functions like change keyboard brightness and volume