Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

It was tough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Scott's "I review cars while hating them" gimmick was funny for a little while, but wore thin for me.

Yeah at first it was funny until I realized it turned into a gimmick for the show and then it was just dumb. I wonder if SG got sick of it and cut him off from the show.

But tbh, most mechanics/techs I know hate most of the cars they work on anyway :v:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
IIRC SG moved a distance away and Scott couldn’t appear anymore with his schedule.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

In addition to that, Scott was pretty clearly only ever interested in the track worthy cars, dude works on regular cars for living already and gets enough of driving Corollas and base 3-series.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The new Kia minivan looks really good

Next year when the economy comes back and we feel safe enough to have another kid we going car shopping finally

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Throatwarbler posted:

Next year when the economy comes back

:lol:

Dude the second that Joe Biden wins in November all of the assholes that are keeping the stock market artificially inflated are going to let that poo poo crash so hard it’s going to make 1929 look like a cake walk. The only way the GOP figures they can get themselves back into power is to loving crater the economy and make things so bad they can blame the Democrats for everything and hope that enough people buy their bullshit that they can retake the Senate in 2022.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Throatwarbler posted:

Kia refers to it as a “Grand Utility Vehicle”.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/RacewayFord/status/1276314041619591169

It's... less ugly than the Silverado I guess

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Huge_Midget posted:

Dude the second that Joe Biden wins in November all of the assholes that are keeping the stock market artificially inflated are going to let that poo poo crash so hard it’s going to make 1929 look like a cake walk. The only way the GOP figures they can get themselves back into power is to loving crater the economy and make things so bad they can blame the Democrats for everything and hope that enough people buy their bullshit that they can retake the Senate in 2022.

The US economy is already cratering like it's 1929. The stock market has loooooong been detached from reality

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The US economy is already cratering like it's 1929. The stock market has loooooong been detached from reality

yup, market =/= the economy, and especially DJIA =/= economy

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

:hmmyes:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

I don't think they make the GTR in a convertible.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Charles posted:

I don't think they make the GTR in a convertible.

Someone will if you pay them enough.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Isn't a harbor freight grinder $20?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Elmnt80 posted:

Isn't a harbor freight grinder $20?

Yeah but I already have a sawzall.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

Next year when the economy comes back and we feel safe enough to have another kid we going car shopping finally

Minivan is evolving! Minivan evolved into Larger Crossover!

FuturePastNow posted:

New F150

It's... less ugly than the Silverado I guess

Light Duty Truck is evolving! Light Duty Truck evolved into Last-Gen Medium Duty Truck!

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Yes, this is what we need most right now, when it’s increasingly dangerous to go outside and many of us are facing economic disaster: an update to a model of large truck.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Steely Dad posted:

Yes, this is what we need most right now, when it’s increasingly dangerous to go outside and many of us are facing economic disaster: an update to a model of large truck.

I mean like... It's their best selling vehicle and is years in the works and people are still buying vehicles. Also this is the news thread?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

angryrobots posted:

I mean like... It's their best selling vehicle and is years in the works and people are still buying vehicles. Also this is the news thread?

I think he was making fun of the ridiculous quote about how we need it the most right now

Also whats with all the "only trust your fists" gang tags what does that even refer to

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I think he was making fun of the ridiculous quote about how we need it the most right now

Also whats with all the "only trust your fists" gang tags what does that even refer to

Given to people who donated to BLM related fundraisers because ACAB

It's taken from this gif:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

It's from this:

https://i.imgur.com/ICXxQj0.mp4

e: f;b

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Given to people who donated to BLM related fundraisers because ACAB

It's taken from this gif:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Well, when you dump nearly unlimited funds and cut safety regulations to the quick for the effect of propping something up, at least for a little while, it will go up. When will it catch up to us? Monday? November? Either way, not too far off.

To quote the relevant meme, 'Money printer go BRRRRRRRR".

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

*slaps bed of new F-150* this bad boy can hold so many tear gas launchers

e: first ECOBOOST and now POWERBOOST, Chevy's marketing teams need to get on Ford's level

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Steely Dad posted:

Ford Truck Month waits for no one

The power inverter and the 12 inch screen standard on XLT and up F-150s seem to be the headlining features. 2.0 kW available on any F-150, 2.4 kW standard on the hybrid, and 7.2 kW available as an upgrade on the hybrid. Ford shrunk the bezels on the existing F-150 screen to get to 12 inches instead of slapping a tablet in the center of the car like they did on the Mach E. Traditional knobs and buttons remain for climate and media controls.

the power inverter seems really cool for car camping, tailgating, and construction functions

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

The proportions on that are so hosed up looking.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

It's like they designed a decent looking truck then left it out in the sun too long

The refresh will probably be good

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I feel like we as a species really should be over the fake fender vent behind the wheelwell at this point. Have they started putting them on E-series and Chevy Express vans and buses yet?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

fknlo posted:

Shh, that's because it's a two row minivan with an open air cargo area instead of a covered fold-able third row,

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Of all the full size monstrosities out there that's probably the nicest looking. Low bar to clear, but there ya go.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fknlo posted:

What the hell are those wheel arches?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm the ancient radio antenna

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Ah, yeah I glossed over the tone deaf marketing-speak.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Midjack posted:

What the hell are those wheel arches?

It's a visual trick to make the arch look like it sticks out further than it actually does.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

It's a visual trick to make the arch look like it sticks out further than it actually does.

I guess if Ferraris can have fake exhaust pipes pickups can have fake wide-bodies.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Throatwarbler posted:

I feel like we as a species really should be over the fake fender vent behind the wheelwell at this point. Have they started putting them on E-series and Chevy Express vans and buses yet?

I feel like it went away for a while and now it's back

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'm the ancient radio antenna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019

fknlo posted:

It’s a short bed crew cab, there’s no earthly way to make it look good. They all look like a wounded caterpillar with its guts falling out and dragging along behind.