Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nineball posted:

Seems like an architectural drawing cut out brought to the 3d world. Just a completely cardboard guy

"So I told her 'I identify as an attack helicopter!'"

"Attack heli--helicopter. Woah...tough crowd. Did I just get...cancelled? Uh. So..so I been think[voice cracks]ing. There are so many genders these days. How--how many genders do you think there are [feedback on mic] uh, there are these days, huh? Anyway, I slay so much puss--" [wipes sweat off forehead]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Squizzle posted:

jeffreys #1 most consistent sentiment in mod spaces, in the time ive been a mod, has been that the mods/admins should take care of the community and the people on something awful

just in past conversation about “some cspam people are convinced you wanna close cspam and ban us all??” his first and immediate response was no, that would hurt the huge number of people who love cspam and rely on it as a community (paraphrase but to thebest of my recollection the exact sentiment expressed)

now im not asking you to trust my ~*secret knowledge~* more than yr own eyes and heart, but plz take that for w/e its worth to you
I know this is from 20 pages ago, but how is anyone supposed to buy this when Jeffery's public actions have been so.... not this?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Giga Gaia posted:

lk shouldnt be a mod because they're like 12 and 12 year olds should live mas and not have to deal with elderly forum posters talking about the lindy hop and shooting elected officials in the dick with tommy guns

LK's modship was the internet equivalent of a teen volunteering at the local nursing home.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Admiral Ray posted:

what if instead of a chud podcast, he went on Pod Save America and talked about the horrors of cancel culture? then we could have a lot of tedious neolibs join instead.

thinking about it, has pod even saved america? seems like its getting worse to me. pod might not be up to the task

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

GrimGypsy posted:

i mean he'll just do whatever will get him the most $ and friend-stand-in-figures telling him he's actually correct and smart.
Right Wing groups are great at that because they'll immediately forgive every transgression and tell him he's a king, but then they all inevitably eat one another and they all genuinely hate each other with seething fury.
Leftists never seem to be as good at bringing in new folks due to lots of factors, but are generally a bit more genuine once it happens.

Liberals will 100% adopt him and promote him to the stars. If he can get back on twitter and do B-tier "Trump bad" tweets for a few months, he'll be a poweruser and getting articles all over the place. Imagine him pitching his "My old comedy website inadvertently created Trump, and I am sorry." piece

He could replace Joe Bob Briggs over at Taki's Magazine.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

oxsnard posted:

regardless of what happens next, lowtax lost like $80k of annual passive income in like 24 hours which is unequivocally a good thing

it’s absolutely incredible

I mean any way you slice it, SA is guaranteed to die if LT doesn’t gently caress off. he could barely keep the lights on with $8k a month passive income thanks to catastrophic money management, and now that’s gone

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

bawfuls posted:

I know this is from 20 pages ago, but how is anyone supposed to buy this when Jeffery's public actions have been so.... not this?

i think the biggest challenge for jeff, if that's true, is gonna be keeping both his trolling pals and the people they like to troll happy on the same website, which has been a cause of considerable friction lately

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zerilan posted:

LK's modship was the internet equivalent of a teen volunteering at the local nursing home.

does LK get credit toward the old high school degree community service requirements

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Also if you’re a lurker who isn’t clear on this: it’s not over. If Lowtax doesn’t commit to the deal and gently caress off, we still need to leave. We still need to make sure everyone knows to stop giving to his Patreon, too.

As I said, there are only two options: an SA without Lowtax, or an end to SA.

Hey LK, you are easily one of the best mods on the forums, and a large part of why CSPAM isnt either a festering hell hole or a joyless D&D clone

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I honestly don’t follow a lot of the forum blood fueds and QCS stuff, but I do wonder how much mods and admins have been constrained by the specter of LT‘s getting blitzed and stomping in to gently caress everything up, which he seemed to do every few months

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I probably already know the answer to this, but was there any acknowledgement or proof that Patreon money went to medical bills maybe beyond an interest payment?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

does LK get credit toward the old high school degree community service requirements

No, but my teacher says that it’s nice to help out the elderly

Also fun fact me being demodded broke the awful app so lol I have to browse on a mobile browser now

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
all of this could've been avoided if we had just migrated to Verrit

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

shyduck posted:

I probably already know the answer to this, but was there any acknowledgement or proof that Patreon money went to medical bills maybe beyond an interest payment?

lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i fell asleep phone-moderating last nite

i have reached a new pinnacle of goon

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

shyduck posted:

$40 cookies are like medicine

mystes
May 31, 2006

shyduck posted:

Are you implying we can't take Lowtax at his word about stuff like this?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Also fun fact me being demodded broke the awful app so lol I have to browse on a mobile browser now

As an elderly man who absolutely refuses to download apps for anything that is available in a mobile browser, welcome to my world, would you like a hard ribbon candy from the posting dish?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

:stonk:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Also I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all these offsites and feeling like I have to pick between them. Which ones don't suck? Which ones have let crew culture metastasize into a cancer that will eventually take down their entire community?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

As an elderly man who absolutely refuses to download apps for anything that is available in a mobile browser, welcome to my world, would you like a hard ribbon candy from the posting dish?

I like Werther's Originals because my grandma used to give them to me. :shobon:

Evil Trout
Nov 16, 2004

The evilest trout of them all
I posted yesterday that lowtax's only possible pivot is to right wing MRA spokesman, but I just realized he could possibly earn a living delivering really high priced cookies in his GTR... but I guess that's way more work than he's done in decades.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bawfuls posted:

i mean all i can offer is my view. im not gonna ask anyone to like any particular mods/admins. maybe iks tho

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

I assume it's probably actually the forum software being broken, but did you try clearing the app data just in case it's just the fact that the app still thinks you are a mod that's causing the problem?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Evil Trout posted:

I posted yesterday that lowtax's only possible pivot is to right wing MRA spokesman, but I just realized he could possibly earn a living delivering really high priced cookies in his GTR... but I guess that's way more work than he's done in decades.

He’ll be an MRA and a cookie salesman, in lieu of BRAIN FORCE. Then it’ll come out he was sticking his dick in the cookies.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

mystes posted:

I assume it's probably actually the forum software being broken, but did you try clearing the app data just in case it's just the fact that the app still thinks you are a mod that's causing the problem?

It just crashes outright when I open it, I can’t get to the options or anything lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

It just crashes outright when I open it, I can’t get to the options or anything lol
If it's android, go into the android settings > apps and find the app and then clear the data. You don't need to open the app to do it. No guarantee this will actually fix anything, though.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lightning Knight posted:

haha oh no

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
if geoffrey of zdnet does not institute the appropriate ik selection process for cspam i will brutally assault him with chops, kicks and hadoukens... in street fighter

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Evil Trout posted:

maybe he can hire somebody to do it for him, with a two month probationary period after which the pay starts at $40 a week (what you want $50? that's hardtimes dot net money, he can't afford that as an indie cookie delivery service who never sold out)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Nix Panicus posted:

Also I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all these offsites and feeling like I have to pick between them. Which ones don't suck? Which ones have let crew culture metastasize into a cancer that will eventually take down their entire community?

There's only one real offsite, but while it's definitely SA-adjacent they're trying to do their own thing and the forum culture is, while similar, also different enough that it's not the same atmosphere SA has, for better and for worse.

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Smekerman posted:

okay, let’s set aside the old mod forum for now. at the very least, under the new administration, they should have a publicly viewable mod forum. all administration should happen out in the open, with no more loving secrecy.

secrecy makes people paranoid, for good reason. in the interest of good faith, Jeffrey, AT THE VERY LEAST, should be offering this as a no-brainer.

realtalk this is a TERRIBLE idea. some stuff has to happen behind closed doors before a decision is made, because if you put it on front street people will absolutely lose their minds about everything you say even if you don't act on it.

the correct thing to do is to be transparent and opena bout the decision making process after the fact, but that will also not happen and even if they tried nobody woul believe them now

edit for example if i post saying i think we should ban poster a for reasons xyz even if it doesnt happen poster x and their friends are going to lose their minds AND the idea that we were talking about banning them is going to stay in people's heads forever and just causes more drama

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Squizzle posted:

i mean all i can offer is my view. im not gonna ask anyone to like any particular mods/admins. maybe iks tho
I get that, but you could also echo this obvious sentiment in the backchannels you have access to that we don't. Maybe you already have idk. But someone (preferably multiple someones) must make it clear to Jeffrey that his past *actions* make a large segment of the community skeptical of him and his future *actions* need to demonstrate a change. Statements and announcements are meaningless in this context.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Squizzle posted:

why don't you directly address how he handled the PPJ saga and people might trust you a bit more

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

jeffreys #1 most consistent sentiment in mod spaces, in the time ive been a mod, has been that the mods/admins should take care of the community and the people on something awful

just in past conversation about “some cspam people are convinced you wanna close cspam and ban us all??” his first and immediate response was no, that would hurt the huge number of people who love cspam and rely on it as a community (paraphrase but to thebest of my recollection the exact sentiment expressed)

now im not asking you to trust my ~*secret knowledge~* more than yr own eyes and heart, but plz take that for w/e its worth to you

jeffreys #1 most consistent sentiment in his actual actions are "gently caress you i don't care"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

dads friend steve posted:

I honestly don’t follow a lot of the forum blood fueds and QCS stuff, but I do wonder how much mods and admins have been constrained by the specter of LT‘s getting blitzed and stomping in to gently caress everything up, which he seemed to do every few months

reading the tea leaves, it seems that lowtax is often unreachable for long stretches and when he is reachable, he gives non-committal responses to requests, so no one feels like they can either move forward with a solid "we're not doing that" or actually make whatever change was proposed

so poo poo festers until it explodes and then a bunch of poo poo happens all at once as lowtax is roused from his oxy and booze haze long enough to stomp in and do things, but it doesn't deal with the fact that most of the problem was actually the inaction caused by lowtax not being able to be bothered to deal with the only thing standing between him and bankruptcy

im not sure if there's a name for the phenomenon, since he's not really an absentee landlord (which would actually be better, since that would at least mean he doesn't care what happens as long as the money flows in), and instead interferes just enough to make everything worse

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Azathoth posted:

reading the tea leaves, it seems that lowtax is often unreachable for long stretches and when he is reachable, he gives non-committal responses to requests, so no one feels like they can either move forward with a solid "we're not doing that" or actually make whatever change was proposed

so poo poo festers until it explodes and then a bunch of poo poo happens all at once as lowtax is roused from his oxy and booze haze long enough to stomp in and do things, but it doesn't deal with the fact that most of the problem was actually the inaction caused by lowtax not being able to be bothered to deal with the only thing standing between him and bankruptcy

im not sure if there's a name for the phenomenon, since he's not really an absentee landlord (which would actually be better, since that would at least mean he doesn't care what happens as long as the money flows in), and instead interferes just enough to make everything worse

that sounds like a regular landlord

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

realtalk this is a TERRIBLE idea. some stuff has to happen behind closed doors before a decision is made, because if you put it on front street people will absolutely lose their minds about everything you say even if you don't act on it.

the correct thing to do is to be transparent and opena bout the decision making process after the fact, but that will also not happen and even if they tried nobody woul believe them now

edit for example if i post saying i think we should ban poster a for reasons xyz even if it doesnt happen poster x and their friends are going to lose their minds AND the idea that we were talking about banning them is going to stay in people's heads forever and just causes more drama

or maybe don't have poo poo mods and admins that need to hide their lovely opinions in private

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Asema posted:

or maybe don't have poo poo mods and admins that need to hide their lovely opinions in private

and with the most fragile egos so they have to run to a sycophant discord the second anyone questions them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joss Laypeg
Oct 11, 2007
A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on. - WSB
Oh dear, Richard