Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Slimy Hog posted:

Eh, I wear a Phillies hat all the time and nobody has mistaken it for a Maga hat yet :shrug:

You should hope they confuse it for a MAGA hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
Not pictured but I got a haircut now that we're in phase 2. 4 loving months since my last one, feels so much better, especially now that we're starting to push 80 degrees here.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Looks nice! Are these from Article?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

Yes they have.

That's probably because of my Trump 2020 shirt I pair it with

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OSU_Matthew posted:

Looks nice! Are these from Article?
They're from https://www.insideweather.com. I've been looking at furniture for almost 2 months and Article was on the list but they don't actually have any 3 cushion couches with that silhouette. IW also has better pricing and more customization options than most.

The big thing is their customer service is literally the best I've ever experienced with anything ever. They have professional interior designers available to consult, and I've easily gotten $300 in value from their time due to waffling over the dumbest, most inane things.

Of course, I reserve final judgement for when the pieces actually arrive.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bape Culture surely gonna be posting his purchase of the forums next and I can't wait.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Bape/Jeffrey 2020

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Forums going to chaos again

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

We bought floors

They're a lot nicer than the old carpet.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Megabound posted:

We bought floors

You've decorated that room beautifully, amazing work

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

You've decorated that room beautifully, amazing work

Thanks, we got the entire apartment done, apart from the bathroom and kitchen which we did last year.

I need to get a wider lens for my serious camera to take some proper photos of it now it's almost complete.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Looks smart that

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Great catte where 2 cop

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Megabound posted:

We bought floors

Is that real wood or like a laminate-type dealie?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

colas posted:

Is that real wood or like a laminate-type dealie?

Engineered timber. It's 6mm of solid real hardwood on a hardwood ply layer. It could be resanded and refinished ~4 times and you don't get the expansion issues you might with just solid hardwood. It's also direct stick instead of a floating click install so there's no hollow clicky clack and it feels nice and solid under foot.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

Great catte where 2 cop

That is indeed a good cat.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Megabound posted:

Thanks, we got the entire apartment done, apart from the bathroom and kitchen which we did last year.

I need to get a wider lens for my serious camera to take some proper photos of it now it's almost complete.

Classy. I like.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

God drat that's beautiful, great job.

Makes you wanna entertain, but can't because the pandemic isn't ever gonna end.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Aramek posted:

God drat that's beautiful, great job.

Makes you wanna entertain, but can't because the pandemic isn't ever gonna end.

The urge to entertain is balanced out by the fear that they'll scratch my floor.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Megabound posted:

The urge to entertain is balanced out by the fear that they'll scratch my floor.

Slipper party!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Slipper party!

That...that sounds kinda awesome.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Not my picture, cos mine just arrived and is still sat in its box in the kitchen, but I have a weekend of fun ahead of me :buddy:

Since lockdown I've got back into knitting, and that means also getting back into spinning my own fibres for knitting socks.

I've had other drum carders, but my big one is too big for where Mr Boods and I currently live, plus it needs to be adapted to UK mains. Meanwhile, this smart one should do the trick, plus they're made to order locally. I've been super careful with money during lockdown, but I had an unexpected writing commission + despite living in the UK for over 8 years now, got one of them fancy stimulus cheques from the US Gov't.

In case anyone is interested, the big drum on the carder is called the swift, and the smaller one is called the 'licker in.' :allears:

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

So when is Jeff going to post a picture of the front page?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ms Boods posted:

Not my picture, cos mine just arrived and is still sat in its box in the kitchen, but I have a weekend of fun ahead of me :buddy:

Since lockdown I've got back into knitting, and that means also getting back into spinning my own fibres for knitting socks.

I've had other drum carders, but my big one is too big for where Mr Boods and I currently live, plus it needs to be adapted to UK mains. Meanwhile, this smart one should do the trick, plus they're made to order locally. I've been super careful with money during lockdown, but I had an unexpected writing commission + despite living in the UK for over 8 years now, got one of them fancy stimulus cheques from the US Gov't.

In case anyone is interested, the big drum on the carder is called the swift, and the smaller one is called the 'licker in.' :allears:

Is that a cotton gin? I’ve never seen a modern one before.

On topic: I picked up an used Space Mouse Micro on a whim and have been sucking around with it for 3D work. It’s a pretty neat little bauble that I really want to try to hook into Descent or something dumb like that. The training software it comes with is some 90s rear end poo poo and I love it dearly.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Warbird posted:

Is that a cotton gin? I’ve never seen a modern one before.

It's a wool/fibre drum carder (deffo not a cotton gin). The roundy looking things are the drums. You feed in clean fibre, and it fluffs it up/aligns the fibres to make spinning easier. It's also fun to use it to blend a lot of different mixes of fibres together as well. You can roll the finished batt off or draw it off with a little gizmo called a diz to make a long rope of roving instead.

I bought it off these fab folks

https://www.classiccarder.co.uk/

I have a small triple-carder, but that's the one that's too big for the house ('small' being relatively speaker) and needs to be adapted to UK mains.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Mambo No. 5 posted:

So when is Jeff going to post a picture of the front page?

As soon as he has keys in hand I'm sure the mortgage process is complicated.

Ununpentium
Sep 4, 2006
Inside the Island of Stability

Megabound posted:

Engineered timber. It's 6mm of solid real hardwood on a hardwood ply layer. It could be resanded and refinished ~4 times and you don't get the expansion issues you might with just solid hardwood. It's also direct stick instead of a floating click install so there's no hollow clicky clack and it feels nice and solid under foot.

That looks beautiful and amazing. Do you mind sharing the dimensions of the planks and the manufacturer?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought a new lens for my next short film!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Ununpentium posted:

That looks beautiful and amazing. Do you mind sharing the dimensions of the planks and the manufacturer?

DeMarque and 120x600mm

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It's though to photograph because the print is so shiny so here's the store's photo of my latest dumb purchase:

Because I'm a massive dork, you see.

Trabant has a new favorite as of 03:33 on Jun 28, 2020

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got my first iron cast skillet to step my cooking game up. And some Costco kpods.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zero loving regrets

Edit

Trabant posted:

It's though to photograph because the print is so shiny so here's the store's photo of my latest dumb purchase:

Because I'm a massive dork, you see.

LINK??

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Apologies: https://www.lastexittonowhere.com/catalogue/nakatomi-corp-coffee-mug_3036/

Great store for all kinds of stupid movie-related merch. Although I'm sure plenty of similar designs can be found for less elsewhere.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
My sister in law felt nostalgic and wanted a tamagotchi. Instead she bought a three pack of knockoffs on Amazon.

They helpfully made resetting the whole device one of the face buttons.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A Nero tetradrachm:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Alhazred posted:

A Nero tetradrachm:

Nice! I made a set of bad rulers. Caligula, Tiberius, Elagabalus, Commodus, and Caracalla.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ChocNitty posted:

Nice! I made a set of bad rulers. Caligula, Tiberius, Elagabalus, Commodus, and Caracalla.

Well, I already have Elagabalus and a Caligula quadrans.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Korg Monologue. Further down the rabbit hole we go.....

I've been playin with the RD-8 and it's fun as hell, but just drum sounds is a bit limiting, and I couldn't get it to play nicely with fruity loops, and there's just something different about messing with hardware versus clicking things in software. Also I have an insatiable list for gear :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh that looks fun. I’d love to go mess with one of those if I possessed an ounce of musical or creative ability.